PDA

View Full Version : Just because a guy wasn’t on this 30 visit, you can’t rule him out."

Blacksheep71
04-19-2012, 11:47 AM
as Nix said on WGR550 today

Asked about guys who were not in the 30 who visited Nix said:

"At the No. 10 pick, 99 percent of the time we will have visited with him. The difference is that we visit with them at a lot of different times. When we're at the combine there's a room set up with tables for each team. Every player is scheduled to be in that room when he’s not taking physicals, he’s not in the workout phase. He’s got dead time - sometimes five or six hours in the day he has to be in that room. All of our position coaches are in there at the table. We have a couple of scouts who go get players for them and bring them in and sit them down at the table and our coaches interview them. That just about covers everybody at the Combine. Joe D’Allessandris and Andrew Dees will talk to every offensive lineman that’s there. And then in the same period, at night, we pick 60 guys that they bring into our room at the hotel and we interview those 60. When we come back home we’re allowed to bring in 30 guys. Plus, when I go to workouts I’ll have a set time when I visit with guys and bring them in just one on one and we go thirty minutes and our scouts do the same thing. Having said all that I don’t think we’ll miss one every two or three years that we don’t talk to."

He also mentioned that not only had the Bills met and spoken to both Reiff and Floyd at the combine, but they'd also met up with Floyd at Notre Dame, where he was taped and we spoke to the coaches about him.

Just to muddy the waters at who we'll pick at No10

gonzo1105
04-19-2012, 01:21 PM
What I got from that is he said 99% of the time in the 1st round you draft somebody you brought in for a visit. That's the way I took it, I know the Floyd people can't grasp that as I also like Michael Floyd but I really believe after the luncheon and todays interview on wgr if we stay at 10 were taking eithr taking Stephon Gilmore or Cordy Glenn with Gilmore being the favorite

Blacksheep71
04-19-2012, 02:23 PM
What I got from that is he said 99% of the time in the 1st round you draft somebody you brought in for a visit. That's the way I took it, I know the Floyd people can't grasp that as I also like Michael Floyd but I really believe after the luncheon and todays interview on wgr if we stay at 10 were taking eithr taking Stephon Gilmore or Cordy Glenn with Gilmore being the favorite

Except he then spoke in detail about how much time they'd spent with Floyd both at the combine and also visiting him at Notre Dame, and that they'd learn nothing that they already knew if they invited him as one of the 30

SquishDaFish
04-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Thank you CAPTAIN OBVIOUS