PDA

View Full Version : Interesting procedural item for the draft from Nix's talk on WGR

X-Era
04-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Nix enlightened me to something I was not aware of. Not only do they interview all the prospects at the Combine. And not only do they visit with 30 players up here. But they also interview 60 players at the hotel during the Combine.

I had no idea they did that. i felt like the names on the 30 list were significant and the names that weren't were also significant but the 60 interviews at the hotel covers many players we wondered about.

Basically my take away is that just because a guy isn't on the 30 list doesn't mean they have no interest or are pulling a smoke screen.

And yes, I'm sure some of you already knew this... But I didn't.

DraftBoy
04-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Nix enlightened me to something I was not aware of. Not only do they interview all the prospects at the Combine. And not only do they visit with 30 players up here. But they also interview 60 players at the hotel during the Combine.

I had no idea they did that. i felt like the names on the 30 list were significant and the names that weren't were also significant but the 60 interviews at the hotel covers many players we wondered about.

Basically my take away is that just because a guy isn't on the 30 list doesn't mean they have no interest or are pulling a smoke screen.

And yes, I'm sure some of you already knew this... But I didn't.

The actually interview every player, but only 60 gets brought back for a second 15 min interview.

Skooby
04-19-2012, 06:49 PM
You'd think they'd invite the 30 highest possibilities on their list to visit Buffalo, common sense.

jamze132
04-20-2012, 05:19 AM
You'd think they'd invite the 30 highest possibilities on their list to visit Buffalo, common sense.
Well in some cases a certain player may not want to come to Buffalo for a visit or an interview. In other cases the follow on visit may not be necessary.

alohabillsfan
04-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Still holding out hope for Floyd are ya..

Blacksheep71
04-20-2012, 06:41 AM
There's always the risk if you tip your hand about a player, a team might try to move up ahead of you especially if they weren't aware of your strong interest.