PDA

View Full Version : NFL ticket on Directv now $199

Skooby
04-19-2012, 07:23 PM
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nfl

SquishDaFish
04-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Damn I like the Redzone channel but not for $100. Guess Ill be calling to get that free LOL

OpIv37
04-19-2012, 07:44 PM
I so wish I could get DTV. The neighbor trimmed back some of the branches on their tree so I'm going to give it one more shot once the leaves grow in, but I'm not holding out much hope

Skooby
04-19-2012, 08:10 PM
I so wish I could get DTV. The neighbor trimmed back some of the branches on their tree so I'm going to give it one more shot once the leaves grow in, but I'm not holding out much hope

Go to Home Depot now & find what necessary to take care of that tree, obsession = possession.

tampabay25690
04-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Thank you just bought it

capitolneal
04-19-2012, 08:35 PM
yep i signed up thx good find

HAMMER
04-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Go to Home Depot now & find what necessary to take care of that tree, obsession = possession.

Yeah, pump a little poison into the roots.

PTI
04-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I like to watch 30 minute games and red zone channel too much, I paid the extra.

OpIv37
04-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah, pump a little poison into the roots.
It's a tree that's 80 feet tall and probably 75 years old, and if I did that it might fall on our house

Beebe
04-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice I get it every year.GO BILLS

Stewie
04-19-2012, 10:39 PM

Problem solved:

http://www.americanflagstore.com/50-ft-aluminum-commercial-flagpole-package.html

That will be $20.

Skooby
04-19-2012, 10:56 PM
It's a tree that's 80 feet tall and probably 75 years old, and if I did that it might fall on our house

There's 2 sides to that tree, find the one away & weaken it. Nature happens, trees die.

HAMMER
04-20-2012, 07:22 AM

You're smart enough to figure it out, git er done. Think of how cozy you and Dora will be with all that new fire wood while watching the Bills trounce the rest of the league.

acehole
04-20-2012, 07:32 AM

3 copper nails (Well hidden) will kill the tree within 2 years.

acehole
04-20-2012, 07:33 AM

The only other thing to kill wood that big is sabs mom.

:maggie:

Jan Reimers
04-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Excellent. I've just gone back to DirecTV after suffering with Comcast for a couple of years. The Sunday ticket will pay for itself if my wife and I watch two games at home instead of spending $100 per game at Duffy's.

ddaryl
04-20-2012, 08:04 AM
I hated paying $350 for all the BS. I cancelled my ticket this year because I felt I was being fleeced.

I will renew and pay $199. i sure don't need the red zone crap.

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 08:08 AM

yeah but football season starts in 4 1/2 months.

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Excellent. I've just gone back to DirecTV after suffering with Comcast for a couple of years. The Sunday ticket will pay for itself if my wife and I watch two games at home instead of spending $100 per game at Duffy's.

we're stuck with Comcast now and they BLOW. I don't have any complaints about their internet- in fact, it blows DSL out of the water. But their cable just sucks.

The remotes are unresponsive when trying to FF or RWD, the guides look cheap and scroll slowly. The DVR has no space because they want you to watch programs on OnDemand so you can't FF through commercials. The HDMI out on one of our boxes went bad the first week we had it, and I'm just using the component outs because I have to drive 15 miles to one of their service centers to get a new one, or pay a fee to have them come out to my house.

I had DirecTV for 7 years and never had a box go bad, including one that we used for over 6 years.

I also had a billing issue with them that caused me to be unable to purchase a UFC PPV, and they had me on hold on the phone for over an hour and a half. The only pyrrhic victory in that was that their customer service incompetence cost them the sale and saved me some money.

MidnightVoice
04-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Thank you - bought it

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Oh, and I forgot a few things: Comcast can't figure out basic concepts like the "screen saver," so if you pause a show on OnDemand, it boots you out after a whole 5 MINUTES. Similarly, it only lets you pause live TV for 20 or 30 minutes. DirecTV allowed something like 2 hours.

They also don't have a "standby" mode- ie, the DVR won't record scheduled programs if it is off. So, I basically have to leave the DVR downstairs (where we watch most of our TV) on 24/7 or else risk forgetting to turn it on when I want to record something.

I know, these are all little things- but they are the little things that make the DTV experience so much better than Comcast/Xfinity. And they're not all that complicated, so there really aren't any excuses for NOT doing them, other than the fact that Comcast has a virtual monopoly in some places so they don't really have to try in order to get customers.

alnilla
04-20-2012, 08:53 AM
sweet deal gonna get direct when me and the woman move into our new house

JCBills
04-20-2012, 09:12 AM
And XS is still only $25.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Nowhere near as good

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 09:43 AM

XS is decent but it's not HD quality and looks grainy blown up to full screen, plus you can't pause/rewind. It's a good alternative for when you can't be home but not a replacement for NFL games in full HD.

plus, with Sunday Ticket, you get all the other games as well, in case the local games suck.

JCBills
04-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Nowhere near as good

Or as expensive.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Or as expensive.$199 is not bad for BETTER QUALITY (HD) or to mention the different games I can just switch between. The Game Mix channel the Red Zone channel. The DVR functions so I can pause rewind etc.

Man what a Hit Woo Guess what I can REWIND to see it OVER and OVER and OVER again if I wanted to. Not to mention ShortCuts So I can resee my game or ANY game in 30mins. Thats the WHOLE game in 30mins! Unreal right. Yes it is

JCBills
04-20-2012, 09:52 AM
XS is decent but it's not HD quality and looks grainy blown up to full screen, plus you can't pause/rewind. It's a good alternative for when you can't be home but not a replacement for NFL games in full HD.

plus, with Sunday Ticket, you get all the other games as well, in case the local games suck.

Yeah, I know, I told you the Ps3 trick remember :D

People also should know Sony has a deal with the NFL to provide Sunday Ticket.

I'm not signing up for garbage sattelite service, so maybe I would buy it through Sony if I were to.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Garbage sattelite?? Sounds like someone either Doesnt know what they are talking about or had one bad experience. Direct TV is the best way to go. BLOWS any other service out of the water. I think you need to know what your talking about before bashing something

JCBills
04-20-2012, 09:57 AM
$199 is not bad for BETTER QUALITY (HD) or to mention the different games I can just switch between. The Game Mix channel the Red Zone channel. The DVR functions so I can pause rewind etc.

Man what a Hit Woo Guess what I can REWIND to see it OVER and OVER and OVER again if I wanted to. Not to mention ShortCuts So I can resee my game or ANY game in 30mins. Thats the WHOLE game in 30mins! Unreal right. Yes it is

Unreal? For $200 it damn well better come with a bucket of wings, beer, a free oil change, let alone any of the stuff you mentioned.

I know, I'm as big of a stickler for HD as anyone, I probably have 60 movies on blu ray. I just hated how DirecTV had a lock on the NFL. Now that Sony is involved I'm more likely to be.

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I know, I told you the Ps3 trick remember :D

People also should know Sony has a deal with the NFL to provide Sunday Ticket.

I'm not signing up for garbage sattelite service, so maybe I would buy it through Sony if I were to.

Well in my experience, satellite is MUCH better than cable, but I digress.

If you want to go that route, Sony charges a LOT of money for Sunday Ticket access. I think it was something like $400.

However, if you know someone who has Sunday Ticket but doesn't use the online access, the Superfan pack will get you access through your PS3. So, pay them the difference between the regular access and the Superfan (it was $60 last year, it will be $100 this year) and you can get the PS3 access for far less than what they charge you.

I used it last year because SquishDaFish helped me out. The quality was close to HD and I only had a few minor glitches with it.

better days
04-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Oh, and I forgot a few things: Comcast can't figure out basic concepts like the "screen saver," so if you pause a show on OnDemand, it boots you out after a whole 5 MINUTES. Similarly, it only lets you pause live TV for 20 or 30 minutes. DirecTV allowed something like 2 hours.

They also don't have a "standby" mode- ie, the DVR won't record scheduled programs if it is off. So, I basically have to leave the DVR downstairs (where we watch most of our TV) on 24/7 or else risk forgetting to turn it on when I want to record something.

I know, these are all little things- but they are the little things that make the DTV experience so much better than Comcast/Xfinity. And they're not all that complicated, so there really aren't any excuses for NOT doing them, other than the fact that Comcast has a virtual monopoly in some places so they don't really have to try in order to get customers.

We lived in a development in Venice for years & Comcast cable was included in our homeowner association fee which was a great deal. But Comcast SUCKS.

We decided to move to the country in Englewood about 9 years ago & Comcast does not have cable on our street so we were forced to go to Directv. LOVE Directv.

Fios finally strung cable down our street a couple years ago so now we have Fios for internet & they keep offering us a deal to get Fios TV as well. I just call Directv up & tell them that fact & I have no commitment with Directv anymore so they give me the Sunday ticket for free to keep us as customers.

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 10:12 AM
We lived in a development in Venice for years & Comcast cable was included in our homeowner association fee which was a great deal. But Comcast SUCKS.

We decided to move to the country in Englewood about 9 years ago & Comcast does not have cable on our street so we were forced to go to Directv. LOVE Directv.

Fios finally strung cable down our street a couple years ago so now we have Fios for internet & they keep offering us a deal to get Fios TV as well. I just call Directv up & tell them that fact & I have no commitment with Directv anymore so they give me the Sunday ticket for free to keep us as customers.

Nice.

The house we own in VA doesn't have FIOS yet because a *****y neighbor didn't want them her yard, got lawyers involved, and screwed the whole neighborhood. They are supposed to get it installed this year though.

Now, we live in Baltimore city. A tree is blocking our line of sight for the Dish, and because it's a mixed income neighborhood, it's low priority for Verizon to install FIOS (they concentrate on the suburban and wealthy areas first, where people are more likely to buy the service). So, ComCrap is our only option. They have us by the balls.

If I wasn't such a sports fan, I'd get the HD antennas for local channels and do everything else online and through Netflix, but sports have to be live.

CleveSteve
04-20-2012, 10:16 AM
awesome deal, but I have to have my Short Cuts. Even the full package is cheaper than last year. Thanks!

BTW, you can probably thank Sony for the cheaper prices this year.

better days
04-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Nice.

The house we own in VA doesn't have FIOS yet because a *****y neighbor didn't want them her yard, got lawyers involved, and screwed the whole neighborhood. They are supposed to get it installed this year though.

Now, we live in Baltimore city. A tree is blocking our line of sight for the Dish, and because it's a mixed income neighborhood, it's low priority for Verizon to install FIOS (they concentrate on the suburban and wealthy areas first, where people are more likely to buy the service). So, ComCrap is our only option. They have us by the balls.

If I wasn't such a sports fan, I'd get the HD antennas for local channels and do everything else online and through Netflix, but sports have to be live.

If you can't get Directv, I would recommend Fios when you can get it. I would also recommend an outdoor ant for local channels, the picture quality of OTA blows away both Cable & Sat. Plus there are some cool OTA subchannels you can not get on Cable or Sat. And Directv has OTA tuners for their DVRs if you ever get Directv.

BertSquirtgum
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
direct tv sucks

Skooby
04-20-2012, 12:02 PM
direct tv sucks

Lol.

stuckincincy
04-20-2012, 12:09 PM
direct tv sucks

Yes. You need a microscope and a bright light to read all the nasty hooks imbedded in their contracts. They are in and out of court proceedings for this or that fraud with regularity. DishTV is on their heels. I find the satellite tv hawkers to be class A cons. JMO.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes. You need a microscope and a bright light to read all the nasty hooks imbedded in their contracts. They are in and out of court proceedings for this or that fraud with regularity. DishTV is on their heels. I find the satellite tv hawkers to be class A cons. JMO.

On their Heels LMAO now thats a good one. Dish cant hold Direct TVs jock. They dont have the channels Direct does. Go through their lineup some of the good channels are missing. Not to mention they have the least TRUE HD channels.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Unreal? For $200 it damn well better come with a bucket of wings, beer, a free oil change, let alone any of the stuff you mentioned.

I know, I'm as big of a stickler for HD as anyone, I probably have 60 movies on blu ray. I just hated how DirecTV had a lock on the NFL. Now that Sony is involved I'm more likely to be.

Youll spend $200 in 2 Sundays watching at a bar. Go spend the big bucks on Sony. :lmao:

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Having had all three service provides (Comcast, DirecTV, and ATT UVerse) I think they all offer plenty of positive and negatives.

Cable is the simplest system for install and add-ons. They can mail you new boxes or the whole install and you can do it yourself via telephone with no waiting for the cable guy.

DirecTV has the best customer service/retention though my experience was pretty ****ty.

U-Verse is probably the most versatile in terms of having the On-Demand programming along with a big channel list to pick from. Their DVR service is good, though it gets bogged down sometimes as well.

I could be happy with any of them.

stuckincincy
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Youll spend $200 in 2 Sundays watching at a bar. Go spend the big bucks on Sony. :lmao:

Between their root kits and their diminished quality of products (IMO) and their recent crap doubling of W. Houston titles when she croaked and the weasel apology relating same, I sure won't be buying a Sony product any time soon. A dealing with them about a spiff SW radio a few years back left me with a very sour taste.

JCBills
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM

I don't know where the hell you dine, but I can drink and eat for a lot cheaper than that, if not free at my local sports bar.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 01:08 PM
I drink a ton when I go to bars. When I used to go to the bar on Sunday to watch football I didnt go just for my game I stayed 11-7 so yea thats alot of beer and apps. MAybe $200 over 3 weeks. Sorry lightweight

better days
04-20-2012, 01:25 PM
I drink a ton when I go to bars. When I used to go to the bar on Sunday to watch football I didnt go just for my game I stayed 11-7 so yea thats alot of beer and apps. MAybe $200 over 3 weeks. Sorry lightweight

Maybe in Mass that is the price, but I can tell you $200 could easily get you through a month in Fla.

better days
04-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Having had all three service provides (Comcast, DirecTV, and ATT UVerse) I think they all offer plenty of positive and negatives.

Cable is the simplest system for install and add-ons. They can mail you new boxes or the whole install and you can do it yourself via telephone with no waiting for the cable guy.

DirecTV has the best customer service/retention though my experience was pretty ****ty.

U-Verse is probably the most versatile in terms of having the On-Demand programming along with a big channel list to pick from. Their DVR service is good, though it gets bogged down sometimes as well.

I could be happy with any of them.

The best thing to do when talking to customer service/retention is do not argue with the person because he can & will flag your account as a disgruntled customer. Not a good thing for you.

Rather the thing to do is just hang up the phone as if you were cut off & call back. You will get a different person that will more likely give you what you want. Keep this up until you get a person that gives you what you want. Most important is always be polite. I have spent a good part of the day talking to Directv at times going from person to person that way, but it is always worth it in the end.

Mahdi
04-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I spend $25 a month for four months to get Sunday Ticket. $199.... that's real expensive.

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 02:15 PM
The best thing to do when talking to customer service/retention is do not argue with the person because he can & will flag your account as a disgruntled customer. Not a good thing for you.

Rather the thing to do is just hang up the phone as if you were cut off & call back. You will get a different person that will more likely give you what you want. Keep this up until you get a person that gives you what you want. Most important is always be polite. I have spent a good part of the day talking to Directv at times going from person to person that way, but it is always worth it in the end.

Who has time to hang up and call back again? When Im fortunate enough to get somebody on the phone they are going to solve the issue, Im not calling back and going through those ridiculous prompts again.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 02:19 PM
There is no prompts DB. Once the prompt comes on you say disconnect and right away your transferred to retention

PTI
04-20-2012, 02:23 PM
I would spend way more at a bar as well. Not to mention if I got dropped off by my wife I would likely be taking a $25-$30 cab ride home if I was boozing that day. Watching at home and having some drinks is so much better some times. I still go to Bills backers for a few games even though I have Sunday Ticket for atmosphere, but you have to be careful drinking and driving. I would tend to not spend as much right now at the bar drinking, too worried, but it is still way more cost effective to just watch at home altogether.

T-Long
04-20-2012, 02:27 PM
I've gotten Sunday Ticket for the past 3 years for $180 because I threatened to cancel each year. Love that they have it down to 200. Had DirecTV since 2007 and can't say anything bad.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
I've gotten Sunday Ticket for the past 3 years for $180 because I threatened to cancel each year. Love that they have it down to 200. Had DirecTV since 2007 and can't say anything bad.

I agree Tlong. Ive had Direct TV since the beginning which was since PrimeStar

better days
04-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Who has time to hang up and call back again? When Im fortunate enough to get somebody on the phone they are going to solve the issue, Im not calling back and going through those ridiculous prompts again.

I guess it depends how important an issue is to you & how much time you have to waste. I have plenty of time to waste myself to get what I want.

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 03:39 PM
There is no prompts DB. Once the prompt comes on you say disconnect and right away your transferred to retention

You just said there aren't no prompts but you have to tell a prompt something first?

Either way, who actually hangs up and calls back?

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 03:39 PM
I guess it depends how important an issue is to you & how much time you have to waste. I have plenty of time to waste myself to get what I want.

Efficiency and Effectiveness, if I have to waste time and effort to game the system Im not really sure its worth it at that point.

better days
04-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Efficiency and Effectiveness, if I have to waste time and effort to game the system Im not really sure its worth it at that point.

Well, maybe not to you & I agree it is ridiculous to have to do that, but I am willing to do so to save a LOT of money.

Skooby
04-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Well, maybe not to you & I agree it is ridiculous to have to do that, but I am willing to do so to save a LOT of money.

Which is always a plus.

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 07:42 PM

Id rather just save money and not have to waste time calling them and praying to get the nice person.

ajgoff1286
04-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Well seeing as I don't have DirectTv and I don't plan on actually buying the service, who here would help me out with the Sony deal. I have a ps3 and would be more than willing to pay somebody the superfan cost plus some extra to let me use their information during the season. I could paypal you the money.

ublinkwescore
04-20-2012, 08:42 PM
get a playstation 3

ublinkwescore
04-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't know where the hell you dine, but I can drink and eat for a lot cheaper than that, if not free at my local sports bar.
”if not free” ... Cheap bastard.

better days
04-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Which is always a plus.

Some of my calls in the past have gone like this:

Call#1: Agent: Sorry but the Sunday ticket is free only to new customers but I see you are a long time valued customer so I can offer you $50 off the price of the ticket-CLICK by me. (no argument or goodbye)

Call#2: Agent: Well, I can't give you the ticket for free, but I can give you $100 off the price. - Click.

Call #3: Agent: Well, I see you are a long time good customer. We value your business & I can absolutely give you the Sunday ticket for free. I can also give you Starz for free for 6 months if you like. We value you as a customer & want to keep your business. Me: sounds GREAT, thank you.

If you are going to negotiate with Directv, you have to be prepared to leave DTV if necessary & always be polite as I said before.

My latest offer from Fios is a $250 Visa gift card, $88 per mo for Fios TV, phone & internet as well as a whole house DVR free for life. It will also more than double my internet speed. I pay about $50/mo for Fios internet now as well as my DTV bill which is about $125/ mo.

If Directv will not give me the ticket for free, I will take that offer & use the visa card to go to the sports bar to watch the Bills.

I can always call Directv the next year & get an additional HD DVR as well as the ticket for free for the year. I have been with DTV so long, I own all my DVRs so I can just store them in a closet until I go back or if I fall in love with Fios TV, I can sell them on EBAY for about $300 each.

Skooby
04-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Like you said, it all depends on who you get. Going through several of these F-ers is trying to say the least. I worked that system every year for the past 4, been using the house burnt down & can't be re-built scenario properly (lots of love there).

Some of my calls in the past have gone like this:

Call#1: Agent: Sorry but the Sunday ticket is free only to new customers but I see you are a long time valued customer so I can offer you $50 off the price of the ticket-CLICK by me. (no argument or goodbye)

Call#2: Agent: Well, I can't give you the ticket for free, but I can give you $100 off the price. - Click.

Call #3: Agent: Well, I see you are a long time good customer. We value your business & I can absolutely give you the Sunday ticket for free. I can also give you Starz for free for 6 months if you like. We value you as a customer & want to keep your business. Me: sounds GREAT, thank you.

If you are going to negotiate with Directv, you have to be prepared to leave DTV if necessary & always be polite as I said before.

My latest offer from Fios is a $250 Visa gift card, $88 per mo for Fios TV, phone & internet as well as a whole house DVR free for life. It will also more than double my internet speed. I pay about $50/mo for Fios internet now as well as my DTV bill which is about $125/ mo.

If Directv will not give me the ticket for free, I will take that offer & use the visa card to go to the sports bar to watch the Bills.

I can always call Directv the next year & get an additional HD DVR as well as the ticket for free for the year. I have been with DTV so long, I own all my DVRs so I can just store them in a closet until I go back or if I fall in love with Fios TV, I can sell them on EBAY for about $300 each.

better days
04-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Id rather just save money and not have to waste time calling them and praying to get the nice person.

I would as well, but such is life. I do not understand DTV & the fact you have to negotiate with them to get the best deal possible, but that is the case.

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 11:52 PM
get a playstation 3
I've had one since long before you got yours. Read the thread.

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Where the hell do you live?

DC/Northern Va is the land of $5 drinks, and that's not counting food.

It's a little better in Baltimore, but still not the utopia you are describing.

OpIv37
04-21-2012, 12:02 AM
You just said there aren't no prompts but you have to tell a prompt something first?

Either way, who actually hangs up and calls back?
Me. I'm impatient and I hate waiting, but I'm stubborn as hell when it comes to money. I'll do what it takes to get the deal.

Not that it matters now. ****ing tree.

better days
04-21-2012, 05:02 AM

I live in SW Fla. Englewood, Sarasota County. There are some expensive resturants down here, but MANY reasonable/cheap Sports bars.

And Football Season is off season for tourists for the most part so prices are always down at that time of year with Resturants competing for business from locals. On Football Sunday they all have some kind of special going on & the Bills bars in the area have specials on wings & even beef on weck which is the only time you can get that down here.

Skooby
04-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Me. I'm impatient and I hate waiting, but I'm stubborn as hell when it comes to money. I'll do what it takes to get the deal.

Not that it matters now. ****ing tree.

Go to Home Depot & get a team of guys when your neighbor is out of town. You could also run a ground wire to a clear stand & mount the dish a distance from the house. A buddy of mine did that, the signal doesn't degregrate much either (~91 versus ~93).

SquishDaFish
04-21-2012, 08:12 AM

Thats what I was thinking. Beer at the bars here are $3-4 depending on bottle or draft. Then food on top of that. And I dont drink one here and there when Im at a bar. Im downing those ****ers especially when my team **** the bed every week.

SquishDaFish
04-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Go to Home Depot & get a team of guys when your neighbor is out of town. You could also run a ground wire to a clear stand & mount the dish a distance from the house. A buddy of mine did that, the signal doesn't degregrate much either (~91 versus ~93).

OP has tried just about everything to get his DTV back trust me

ublinkwescore
04-21-2012, 08:20 AM
I've had one since long before you got yours. Read the thread.
Yeah... I realized that.... I just remembered after posting that ” wait a minute, op is the dude who was telling me how great the god of war series is.”

Skooby
04-21-2012, 08:57 AM
OP has tried just about everything to get his DTV back trust me

Quitters are for rehab, wait flip that.

Oaf
04-21-2012, 09:10 AM
All NFL Games online now $0

Skooby
05-27-2012, 07:42 PM
In case anyone forgot.

BertSquirtgum
05-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Direct tv blows donkey balls.

Skooby
05-27-2012, 08:24 PM

Pretty deep man, pretty deep.

SquishDaFish
05-28-2012, 07:31 AM

Says people who cant get it or people who never had it

OR the dumbasses who dont realize their dish isnt aligned right

mikemac2001
05-28-2012, 08:53 AM

love my D TV people r dumb worried about this move and not being able to get it

ublinkwescore
05-28-2012, 09:51 AM
So does that mean a price cut for PS3 customers?

mikemac2001
05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know if u get it with directv can you use it on a ps3?

Joe Fo Sho
05-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know if u get it with directv can you use it on a ps3?

Yeah you can.

If you know someone who has it, you can use their DTV login info to watch it on your PS3 as long as they aren't using it on any other devices (other than their TV). I used my fathers last year, and plan on using it again this year.

mikemac2001
05-28-2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah you can.

If you know someone who has it, you can use their DTV login info to watch it on your PS3 as long as they aren't using it on any other devices (other than their TV). I used my fathers last year, and plan on using it again this year.

Ok i checked there site looks like they have a 199 basic package and a 299 package which includes other devices and redzone chan

Joe Fo Sho
05-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Ok i checked there site looks like they have a 199 basic package and a 299 package which includes other devices and redzone chan

It costs $100 to use on devices? That's crap.

ublinkwescore
05-28-2012, 10:23 AM
I bet you can get it cheaper than 340 dollars.

SquishDaFish
05-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I got it cheaper thats for sure

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2012, 11:02 AM

Wrong. Had it for 6 months, paid the cancellation fee and went back to cable. The only better thing about direct tv is more storage space for recorded shows. Even decided to keep it after the installer stole 800$ cash out of our bedroom clothes drawer. The final straw was when I was recording a Yankees game and half of it wasn't recorded because the signal goes out when a storm roles through. It's a pos service with pos customer service.

SquishDaFish
05-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Wrong. Had it for 6 months, paid the cancellation fee and went back to cable. The only better thing about direct tv is more storage space for recorded shows. Even decided to keep it after the installer stole 800$ cash out of our bedroom clothes drawer. The final straw was when I was recording a Yankees game and half of it wasn't recorded because the signal goes out when a storm roles through. It's a pos service with pos customer service.

Disagree completely. My signal barely EVER goes out storm or no storm. It has to be pointed right for that to happen. And Customer Service is TOP NOTCH IMO. HAve had Direct TV Since PRimeStar days. SO A VERY LONG TIME

Marvelous
05-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Man, Sunday-tix was the best thing to happen in my life back in 1999/2000!!!
--I lived in south Florida and was unhappy watching Bills w/ dirty annoying,drunk Jet fans who always found a way to get me pissed ready to go at it.
-so I didn't care how much it was,or the HMA wanting to sue me. I was living the dream! And I had sound!!
-but the last 4-5 years I've fealt like a prisoner to direct tv.
Cable company for phone,,at&t for cells& Internet,,ugh!! No package/bundle for me.
-my new tv might work as a high quality monitor if I get the nfl.com deal,,but it's not 100% reliable as of now.
--what I want is a AFC east channel year round or during the weekdays.
I k ow it will happen 1 day when every team gets its own network,jut wish it were now.
Yes,I'm grateful to have been the prisoner. Sadly.

SquishDaFish
05-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Im no prisoner but am extremely happy to be a LONG TIME Direct TV Customer

ddaryl
05-29-2012, 08:14 AM
I have to laugh.. cause I will NEVER go back to cable after having DirectTV for the last 12 years

Historian
05-29-2012, 08:55 AM
For 199...I'm actually thinking about it again.

ublinkwescore
05-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Any word on ps3 ticket price coming down?

SABURZFAN
05-29-2012, 06:19 PM

no but acehole and his mom charge a cheap price for going down.

Skooby
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM
no but acehole and his mom charge a cheap price for going down.

At least they charge something, your Mom & you are free.:dink:

SABURZFAN
05-29-2012, 06:42 PM
At least they charge something, your Mom & you are free.:dink:

free of STD's.... unlike you and your mom. :beers:

thenry20
06-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm sorry but $300/year is WAY overpriced! The most I'd pay for this service is $160/year.

MLB has season subs for only $125/year and you can watch it on multiple devices like the XBOX, Ipad, etc. Wish it had TiVo capabilities tho. All are delivered in HD I think. Well the Braves games are.

Heck the NBA only charges $170/year but not all of their broadcasts are transmitted in HD.

I know the NHL offers online live streaming as well but since I don't watch I am unsure of their pricing models.

better days
06-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry but $300/year is WAY overpriced! The most I'd pay for this service is $160/year.

MLB has season subs for only $125/year and you can watch it on multiple devices like the XBOX, Ipad, etc. Wish it had TiVo capabilities tho. All are delivered in HD I think. Well the Braves games are.

Heck the NBA only charges $170/year but not all of their broadcasts are transmitted in HD.

I know the NHL offers online live streaming as well but since I don't watch I am unsure of their pricing models.

Well, nobody wants to watch baseball or NBA on TV, hence the cheap price.

Skooby
06-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, nobody wants to watch baseball or NBA on TV, hence the cheap price.

The grass growing is the best part of baseball.

OpIv37
06-20-2012, 12:40 PM

Find someone on the board who has Sunday Ticket and doesn't use the streaming.

Give them the $100 difference between the ST package that has the streaming and the one that doesn't, they give you their un/pw, you watch the streaming. That way, you can get it for $100 instead of the $360.

I did it last year, although the difference was only $60 back then.

stuckincincy
06-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Isn't that a crime called fraud?

OpIv37
06-20-2012, 12:53 PM

Well, it's only a crime if you got caught, and if the NFL didn't rape everyone on Sunday Ticket prices and actually had a reasonable option for watching out of market games, people wouldn't do this stuff.

Seriously, though, it depends on how DTV's user agreement is written. Most likely, there is something in it that says you're technically not allowed to share your PW/service with other people, but you'd have to read the fine print to know for sure. I can't imagine they enforce it though. Think about it: if they try to force ublink to pay the $360, he's not going to do it and they get $0. If they let him piggyback off of someone else's Sunday Ticket subscription, they get $100 more than they would have gotten.

I forget the exact term for it, but in economics, there is a point where raising prices actually produces less profit because of the reduction in demand caused by the higher price. This is a perfect real-world example of that.

Skooby
06-20-2012, 01:00 PM

Tool- It's only wrong if you get caught.

SquishDaFish
06-20-2012, 01:47 PM
I did it for OP last year. If he has no need for it this year Im open to letting the right poster use the streaming for $100

OpIv37
06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
I did it for OP last year. If he has no need for it this year Im open to letting the right poster use the streaming for $100

I was able to get DTV back, so if anyone else wants to take Squish's offer, go for it.

And thanks again.

Skooby
06-20-2012, 03:15 PM

Hey Buddy, how you been.

SquishDaFish
06-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Your welcome OP anytime.

Mitch Im doing good buddy thank you

stuckincincy
06-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Well, it's only a crime if you got caught, and if the NFL didn't rape everyone on Sunday Ticket prices and actually had a reasonable option for watching out of market games, people wouldn't do this stuff.
Seriously, though, it depends on how DTV's user agreement is written. Most likely, there is something in it that says you're technically not allowed to share your PW/service with other people, but you'd have to read the fine print to know for sure. I can't imagine they enforce it though. Think about it: if they try to force ublink to pay the $360, he's not going to do it and they get $0. If they let him piggyback off of someone else's Sunday Ticket subscription, they get $100 more than they would have gotten.
I forget the exact term for it, but in economics, there is a point where raising prices actually produces less profit because of the reduction in demand caused by the higher price. This is a perfect real-world example of that.

Thanks for your thoughts. A dish service isn't an option for me - sight lines are iffy, and I don't want to festoon one onto my house.

ublinkwescore
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Ps3 discount news anyone?

better days
06-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, to people that claim with DTV the signal goes out when it rains, we have been getting HEAVY CONSTANT rain here in S.W. Fla the last 3 days & I lost signal for maybe a total of 5 min in that time.

SquishDaFish
06-24-2012, 05:00 PM
BetterDays I agree I dont get those guys. All you need to do is make sure its aligned right and mounted down tight and everything will be fine

Skooby
06-24-2012, 05:12 PM
BetterDays I agree I dont get those guys. All you need to do is make sure its aligned right and mounted down tight and everything will be fine

Yeah, these storms suck man but my grass is growing (so is the mosquito population).