PDA

View Full Version : crazy series

mightysimi
04-20-2012, 01:04 PM
what a ridiculous series. 3 games with 8 scored by the winner. first team that plays defence wins. you just don't see that in the game today. anyone think pit can come all the way back?

OpIv37
04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
I haven't watched a game since the Sabres got eliminated.

The only thing I'm rooting for now is for the Was/Bos series to go 7 games and have lots of injuries, so whoever wins loses in 4 in the next round. AllI care about now is that Was gets out as soon as possible and Bos doesn't win it all. I don't want to see Pit win it all either, but I'd still root for them or even Ottawa over Bos or Was.

PTI
04-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Teams gave up in a few of those it looked like

G Wolly
04-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Both Bryzgalov and Bobrovsky looked slow as hell in their reaction times.

Big statement made by Pittsburgh by putting up 10 goals. I still think Philly will get this thing done.

mightysimi
04-21-2012, 10:48 AM
3-2 going back home is a lot of pressure. Specially since they lost 2 in a row. With Fleury finding his game, I think that Pit can pull it off. However it is still a long way off.

Teams did give up in those games but teams give up in the regular season and no one scores 10 or 8 for that matter. Someone was saying to me the other day that if he didn't know better the series was a play to get the casual fan addicted. Lots of fights, a ton of goals and lots of Drama.

Cali512
04-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Honestly aside from Luongo and Thomas, there arent many fantastic goaltenders in the playoffs this year.

Ngxtreme13
04-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Luongo and Thomas have been anything but spectacular.. Mostly luongo.

Crisis
04-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Honestly aside from Luongo and Thomas, there arent many fantastic goaltenders in the playoffs this year.

not at all

luongo isnt even the best goaltender on his own team

thomas is good but not last year good

quick/lundqvist/rinne are elite and playing great. stl duo had great year and are doing well.

holtby is also playing way above his head, as is anderson (although these two may have more to do with opposing team's offenses than their own play)

mightysimi
04-22-2012, 01:17 PM
hopefully Quick starts sucking soon

SkateZilla
04-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Im surprised Philly didnt do musical Goalies like they did the last 2 years before.

they had what? 3 different starting goalies in each series. if the goalie had a bad game, he was benched the next game, and so on and so on.,

SabreEleven
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Im surprised Philly didnt do musical Goalies like they did the last 2 years before.

they had what? 3 different starting goalies in each series. if the goalie had a bad game, he was benched the next game, and so on and so on.,

and they still beat Buffalo using that technique.

SkateZilla
04-26-2012, 05:55 PM
anyone can beat buffalo.