PDA

View Full Version : Dre Kirkpatrick WGR Interview

methos4ever
04-20-2012, 03:26 PM
http://wgr550.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=5807198

Came across as a pretty nice guy.

One item of note - according to him, the terminology was very similar to Bama, to the point they were amazed he picked it up so quickly on his visit. To me, that signals Coach Wannstedt wasn't lying when he said he'd kept the terminology and just simplify everything. Dareus said the same last year.

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 03:43 PM
:dance:

mjt328
04-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Kirkpatrick reminds me of Antoine Winfield.

You won't see him making big interceptions or running picks back for touchdowns. But he's a very solid cover-corner that doesn't let up many completions and is an excellent tackler after the catch.

With all of the "check down" and "pick down the field" passers in the NFL today, I think he's the kind of cornerback we need.

Ed
04-20-2012, 04:08 PM
I can't listen to the interview at work, but I've always liked Kirkpatrick as a player. I've read that he's a really hard worker too, is well liked by his teammates and coaches, and seems to have a high football IQ. I also like that he's played on a couple championship teams in college and apparently in high school also. The guy has only lost a handful of games in the last 6 years or so. I like players that have a championship mentality and expectations. I think it's the kind of thing a team like Buffalo could use more of. I really believe it makes a difference compared to guys that have never won anything at any level.

The last buffalo fan
04-20-2012, 04:34 PM
:dance:

Can you describe his game, skills, pros, cons, etc?

In other words, please give me your comments about him.

Gracias,

Skooby
04-20-2012, 05:56 PM

Gracias,

Si Mi Amigo, he should be a gamer on Sundays.

DraftBoy
04-20-2012, 07:41 PM

Gracias,

+Tall, well built CB
+Physical at LOS, not afraid to press
+Active in Run Support and attacks screen passes
+Solid Tackler
+Great athleticism, when combined with his size he'll be able to go up against even the tallest WR's

-Hips may be a bit stiff which limits his man coverage ability
-Doesn't attack the ball as aggressively as CB's like Claiborne or Gilmore
-Technically can get caught taking false steps and looking into the backfield too long

I think he has #1 CB potential and rank him above Gilmore.

ublinkwescore
04-20-2012, 08:39 PM

You won't see him making big interceptions or running picks back for touchdowns. But he's a very solid cover-corner that doesn't let up many completions and is an excellent tackler after the catch.

With all of the "check down" and "pick down the field" passers in the NFL today, I think he's the kind of cornerback we need.

If he can cover welker or gronk, id be ok with the pick.

The Jokeman
04-20-2012, 08:55 PM

So the Bills should be prepared to draft Tee Shepard to replace Kirkpatrick in four years when his contract's up and we let him walk as an UFA?

YardRat
04-21-2012, 05:45 AM
This year's early mini-run is looking like cornerbacks (after the QB's go one-two, of course).

NOT THE DUDE...
04-21-2012, 11:05 AM
kirk would be a great pick imo... id love his talent/attitude on this team!