X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joebuffalowins
    • Apr 2012

Do we like Riley Reiff?

South Dakota native Riley Reiff is the consensus second-best tackle (only to USC’s Matt Kalil) available in this week’s NFL Draft. The 23 year old is a six-foot-six, 313 pound former two-way player (tight end and defensive end) and a three-time state champion wrestler (121-1 in his career). Reiff was recruited by Iowa as a three-star defensive end prospect, but after gaining 30 pounds in his redshirt year he was moved to the offensive line where he started 37 games – most at left tackle – but also on the right side and at guard.

I'm not sure we should go OT. Team allowed least amount of sacks last year, why do we need an upgrade?
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: Do we like Riley Reiff?

Originally posted by Joebuffalowins

I'm not sure we should go OT. Team allowed least amount of sacks last year, why do we need an upgrade?
    Seriously?

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Reiff won't be the pick @ #10 IMO. Kalil or bust for OT that early.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

He'd be a steal in the 2nd round. Definitely not 1st round material though.

Comment

• BloFan4Life
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by DevilPaul
          Ok Mr.Scout. Just a terrible statement.

Comment

• gonzo1105
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BloFan4Life
            Ok Mr.Scout. Just a terrible statement.
            Actually he does have some validity as some scouts are starting to leak that Reiff could last to the late first early 2nd round.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I don't think Reiff could step right in and replace Hairston at LT, maybe not even Pears at RT, so the pick really might not be an upgrade. Go for corner, wr or lb where we're going to get somebody who should contribute from day 1.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                I don't think Reiff could step right in and replace Hairston at LT, maybe not even Pears at RT, so the pick really might not be an upgrade. Go for corner, wr or lb where we're going to get somebody who should contribute from day 1.
                You've read the scouting reports on Reiff compared to Hairston right? I still don't where people are coming to this conclusion except blind faith that just because we put Hairston at LT for an injured Bell last year that he really has a shot here long term. Nix mentioned yes that Hairston can be good yet he also refers to his poor feet and his belief that great LTs have good feet. It's a small tell that he might be bluffing about how good Hairston can be.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                  You've read the scouting reports on Reiff compared to Hairston right? I still don't where people are coming to this conclusion except blind faith that just because we put Hairston at LT for an injured Bell last year that he really has a shot here long term. Nix mentioned yes that Hairston can be good yet he also refers to his poor feet and his belief that great LTs have good feet. It's a small tell that he might be bluffing about how good Hairston can be.
                  I really like the way the kid played prior to his injury, and scouting reports mean nothing at this point. Hairston has played the position at this level, and Reiff has yet to step on an NFL field.

Yeah, I caught those comments also about the feet and wondered if Nix was throwing out a bone.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• CleveSteve
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                    How can you be "definitely not first round material" but be a "steal" in the second? where is the player's value? Is there a round 1.5?

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Show me any scouting report that says Reiff has great feet. The closer the draft is, the more reports there are that Reiff is a RIGHT Tackle but NOT a Left.

I have said it for a LONG time now, no matter who the Bills draft, Hairston will be the STARTING LT next year.

Comment

• Beebe
                        • Aug 2011

Why would we pass on a potential play maker for Bryan Bulaga's twin at right tackle and even if he ends up playing on the left side it would take him at least a year or two.We need some to start right now.

Comment

• Bangarang
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Beebe
                          Why would we pass on a potential play maker for Bryan Bulaga's twin at right tackle and even if he ends up playing on the left side it would take him at least a year or two.We need some to start right now.
                          When we picked Spiller 9th overall, people were fuming that we passed on Bulaga. Now that Reiff is supposedly Bulaga's twin, he's not good enough to be taken at 10th?

I love how all of a sudden Reiff is strictly a RT in the NFL because a talking head said he was. Now everyone is jumping on that.

Comment

• BLeonard
                            BoB Sabermetrician
                            • Jan 2003

I'm not gonna say that Hairston will or won't be a long term answer for the Bills at LT... Wanna know why?

The guy has only played in 13 games, starting 7 of them!

I'd also like to add the fact that he had little to no training camp time, due to the NFL Lockout. He's now a year older, has a little experience under his belt and will get the luxury of having offseason minicamps and a full training camp.

Now, he might regress or he might be the LT the Bills have been looking for for half of forever. The fact that the Bills were willing to let Bell go without much of an effort to keep him tells me that the Front Office thinks he can be the latter.

-Bill

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Beebe
                              Not only start, but Nix said at #10 they want not just a starter, but a PLAYMAKER.

Comment

Working...
                              X