PDA

View Full Version : Saints stick with Greer

Oaf
04-20-2012, 04:49 PM
The New Orleans Saints (http://www.nfl.com/teams/neworleanssaints/profile?team=NO) have locked up one of their best defensive players, agreeing to a three-year extension with cornerback Jabari Greer (http://www.nfl.com/players/jabarigreer/profile?id=GRE654582), NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche reported.
The total value of the deal is worth $23 million, according to ProFootballWeekly.com.
An unsung hero of the Saints' secondary, Greer represents one of the team's best free-agent signings in recent history. Undrafted out of Tennessee in 2004, Greer played five seasons with the Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) before signing with the Saints prior to their Super Bowl season in 2009. He's been a standout player since, a cover corner who's started 37 or 39 games for New Orleans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8287a587/article/saints-lock-up-jabari-greer-with-threeyear-extension?module=HP11_headline_stack

And here we are talking about trading for tackle-shy Asante Samuel or drafting CB at 10.

Cali512
04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Clements, Winfield, and Greer woulda been sick if they all stayed.

Ed
04-20-2012, 05:20 PM
I know I've said this a lot over the last few years, but I still don't understand the decision to extend McGee instead of locking up Greer long term. He was the younger, better, and more durable player.

Thurmal
04-20-2012, 05:38 PM
I know I've said this a lot over the last few years, but I still don't understand the decision to extend McGee instead of locking up Greer long term. He was the younger, better, and more durable player.

It was one of the worst front office decisions of the last 10 years. I think that happened during the Levy/Brandon GM era where every move the Bills made was a trainwreck.

Also getting rid of Fletcher because he was too old...he's only been playing at a Pro Bowl level for the six years since he left Buffalo.

ddaryl
04-20-2012, 05:50 PM
wish Greer was still here

ThunderGun
04-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Clements, Winfield, and Greer woulda been sick if they all stayed.

Agree on winfield and Greer. Clements sucked once he got paid

stuckincincy
04-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Also getting rid of Fletcher because he was too old...he's only been playing at a Pro Bowl level for the six years since he left Buffalo.

And when he was here, fans were screaming that the #!$!!&!! gets his tackles 5 yards down field! Get rid of 'em! Poz got the same treatment.

YardRat
04-20-2012, 07:10 PM
I like Greer a lot.

cincy is right about Fletcher...there was a good deal of sentiment within the fan base that he was over rated and his numbers were misleading.

Oaf
04-21-2012, 09:03 AM
He did get a SB ring, kudos to him. And I for one, based on what I saw in player interviews etc. never believe he would have played unethically under G Williams. He was an UDFA after all, and knew the privilege it was to play in the NFL.

I agree with most of you guys. T McGee is comparable [if healthy] but another huge mistake letting Greer walk. Glad we didn't let any good players walk this year.

k-oneputt
04-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Another free agent from the...SEC.

ublinkwescore
04-21-2012, 10:41 AM
our front office was incompetent. I am glad as hell they are gone.

DynaPaul
04-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Letting Greer go was a big time mistake. Not so much with Poz and Fletcher.

Cali512
04-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Agree on winfield and Greer. Clements sucked once he got paid

Ya but when he was here, he fit, and hasnt fit anywhere else since. But maybe if he woulda stayed he still would be the same.

Cali512
04-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Letting Greer go was a big time mistake. Not so much with Poz and Fletcher.

If Fletcher woulda stayed, we wouldnt of needed Poz