PDA

View Full Version : Bills like what they see from Irish WR Floyd

BLeonard
04-20-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18712666

Though the Bills appear likely to wait until the second or third round to draft a WR, they like what Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd brings to the table. Floyd is a possibility at 10th overall. Said director of college scouting Chuck Cook: “We think he's a big, physical good-looking receiver with really strong hands and body control. The guy really has upside.”

-Bill

better days
04-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I would be happy with Floyd at #10.

ddaryl
04-20-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm saying it's not happening.. Character Concerns.

Skooby
04-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Floyd looks to have to have questionable a character, I like him.

better days
04-20-2012, 05:57 PM

Some guys like Brandon Marshall & Aquib Talib come out with character concerns & continue to mess up off field their entire career while playing great on the field.

Others such as Dan Marino & Warren Sapp come out with character concerns & play their entire career without a problem.

The team that drafts Floyd will have to do due diligence investigating him & hope for the best.

BLeonard
04-20-2012, 05:59 PM

Because of a DUI while in college? I'm not nearly as concerned about that as I would be about a situation like that kid who failed a drug test while at the combine. Floyd's last incident (at least that I'm aware of) was in March of 2011... Over a year ago.

Not saying it isn't a potential red flag, but not nearly as big of a red flag as being drugged up while at the combine.

-Bill

more cowbell
04-20-2012, 06:13 PM
This guy is going to be a stud in the league. We would be beyond stupid to pass on him if he is there.

ThunderGun
04-20-2012, 06:19 PM

We haven't made the playoffs (or even been relevant) in over a decade. We don't have the luxury of only signing choir-boys, IMO.

At this point im ready to start raiding prisons and drug-houses, looking for talent. A DUI in college is the least of my concerns.

Skooby
04-20-2012, 06:21 PM
We haven't made the playoffs (or even been relevant) in over a decade. We don't have the luxury of only signing choir-boys, IMO.

At this point im ready to start raiding prisons and drug-houses, looking for talent.

Which Bengals players should we trade for then ?

Night Train
04-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Because of 3 DUI's while in college?
Corrected.

That's more red flags than May day in Red Square.

Seemed to stay the course his Senior year but let the Bills make that decision.

Cali512
04-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I dont get Floyds character concerns. Watch his interview, hes so not Dez bryant or Crabtree (mentally)

YardRat
04-20-2012, 07:04 PM
I could live with Floyd, but would rather have somebody on the defensive side of the ball, especially at corner.

BLeonard
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Corrected.

Well, in all the comments the Bills have made about floyd, I heven't heard anything about the DUI's... Nix had no problems when he pretty much said that the Bills weren't interested in Janoris Jenkins, so I dunno why they'd beat around the bush regarding Floyd, if the DUI's were considered a big issue.

-Bill

YardRat
04-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Well, in all the comments the Bills have made about floyd, I heven't heard anything about the DUI's... Nix had no problems when he pretty much said that the Bills weren't interested in Janoris Jenkins, so I dunno why they'd beat around the bush regarding Floyd, if the DUI's were considered a big issue.

-Bill

Because they know they aren't drafting Jenkins at 10, there are better corners available, and pretty solid he won't be there in the second round when they pick. Floyd is a real possibility and they like his ability despite his transgressions, so they aren't going to publicly criticize him in case he's the guy they choose.

better days
04-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Which Bengals players should we trade for then ?

Or Lions players.

better days
04-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Corrected.

Can you link to that? I am aware of one drinking under age & one DUI.

BLeonard
04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Can you link to that? I am aware of one drinking under age & one DUI.

He's right: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/independent1a/2011-08-03-notre-dame-reinstates-michael-floyd_n.htm

The school's disciplinary arm chose not to suspend Floyd even though it was his third alcohol-related brush with the law in two years. Kelly had suspended him a short time after his arrest. He missed spring practice, but Kelly allowed him to participate in voluntary workouts this summer.

Doesn't really change my opinion much... Again, the last incident was over a year ago.

-Bill

better days
04-20-2012, 10:22 PM
He's right: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/independent1a/2011-08-03-notre-dame-reinstates-michael-floyd_n.htm

Doesn't really change my opinion much... Again, the last incident was over a year ago.

-Bill

Well, he is not right. He said three DUIs. It was ONE DUI & TWO under age drinking arrests according to the article you linked.

And all charges were MISDEMEAMORS, NO FELONY CHARGES. That should impact any future NFL suspensions if he screws up again because Felony charges are MUCH more serious.

Beebe
04-20-2012, 10:27 PM
WHO doesn't drink in college he's just one of those unlucky ones that got caught.

Oaf
04-21-2012, 09:05 AM
For some reason, I think of Malcolm Kelly when I see this guy. :::

Would have no problem picking him though, IF he's there at 10.

BillsOverDolphins
04-21-2012, 09:55 AM
I couldn't care less if he hit a busload of nuns...he's crazy talented and plays a position this team badly needs.

SquishDaFish
04-21-2012, 10:04 AM

-Bill

He didnt have 3 DUIs. Please dont spread **** to ruins one character. He got in trouble 2 times for UnderAge Drinking and 1 DUI. Im not worried about a KID getting in trouble drinking. We all have IMO.

Now drugs and physical type abuse problems are a different story

SquishDaFish
04-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Im a ND fan as I am a Bills fan. This kid is going to be a real good one in the NFL

BLeonard
04-21-2012, 01:50 PM
He didnt have 3 DUIs. Please dont spread **** to ruins one character. He got in trouble 2 times for UnderAge Drinking and 1 DUI. Im not worried about a KID getting in trouble drinking. We all have IMO.

Now drugs and physical type abuse problems are a different story

First off, I'm not the one that said it first. I originally said one DUI, then was "corrected" by someone else.

That being said, you're correct, it was one DUI and 2 underage drinking. The point is, he's been popped three times for alcohol related incidents.

Again, as I said before, it doesn't change my opinion on the guy that much. The last incident was over a year ago and there are a lot worse things someone can get popped for.

But, concerning your "we all have" comment, I can personally say I have never been in trouble with the law for anything... Drinking or otherwise. I'm sure others can say the same thing, including a fair amunt of players that are in the2012 NFL Draft. So, we certainly "All" have not gotten in trouble.

At the end of the day, I have no problems with the Bills taking Floyd at 10, if that's who they want.

-Bill

Slim
04-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Im a ND fan as I am a Bills fan. This kid is going to be a real good one in the NFL

He is probably the most dominant ND player I have ever seen play.

justasportsfan
04-21-2012, 01:56 PM
we've made risks with guys like Lynch and Maybin. I would take a risk on Floyd.

Slim
04-21-2012, 01:57 PM
we've made risks with guys like Lynch and Maybin. I would take a risk on Floyd.

I don't think Maybin had any charectar issues. I could be mistaken though.

Lynch and Maybin were drafted by a different regimen, so I'm not sure this applies.

BertSquirtgum
04-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Corrected.

It's usually common practice to know what you're talking about before posting. He has had three alcohol related incidents. Not 3 DUI's. That is quite a big difference.

slowpokemcgee
04-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I'd rather use the 1st on Floyd and a 2nd on a tackle, but both positions seem pretty deep. If they flip and take a tackle in the 1st, that'd be ok as well.

Slim
04-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I'd rather use the 1st on Floyd and a 2nd on a tackle, but both positions seem pretty deep. If they flip and take a tackle in the 1st, that'd be ok as well.

It's a bit of an odd year in the fact that the draft is pretty deep in the positions we need most. WR,CB,LB,OT. You could even argue that this a pretty good year for round 2-4 QB's.

The Jokeman
04-21-2012, 06:19 PM
He is probably the most dominant ND player I have ever seen play.
More dominant then say Raghib Ismail?

Slim
04-21-2012, 06:24 PM
More dominant then say Raghib Ismail?

I'm in my mid-twenties, I was a toddler when he was wearing gold. If you want to go that far back you could mention Tim Brown as well. Not doubting their greatness, but before I was a fan.

SaviorEdwards
04-21-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't see him as a Top 10 pick. Why are so many people discounting the USC and FSU games. He comes up small when matched with a decent CB. If he happens to drop because of "character issues" then I say pick him up.

The Jokeman
04-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm in my mid-twenties, I was a toddler when he was wearing gold. If you want to go that far back you could mention Tim Brown as well. Not doubting their greatness, but before I was a fan.
Ah see I'm 34 so "The Rocket" was my favorite Golden Domer growing up.

The Jokeman
04-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I don't see him as a Top 10 pick. Why are so many people discounting the USC and FSU games. He comes up small when matched with a decent CB. If he happens to drop because of "character issues" then I say pick him up.
Shhhh they just want to look at the stats and the size and forty time and forget about actual game play.

Slim
04-21-2012, 06:38 PM

2011- USC 4-28 0td
2010- USC- 11-86 1 td

To be fair the games against those schools had more to do with Rees's performances than Floyd's. He had elite production throughout his career(when healthy).

Slim
04-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Shhhh they just want to look at the stats and the size and forty time and forget about actual game play.

Lol, what? To some degree aren't stats an indication of "game play"? Especially at WR.

So I guess if a WR had 25 catches for 300 yards in a season but his "game play" was good that makes him a good receiver?

I've watched every Floyd game at ND and can say he fits the bill as a top 15-20 talent in a draft.

SquishDaFish
04-22-2012, 09:11 AM

Ive watched EVERY ND game for the past 15-20 years. Floyd is ONE of the best Wrs Ive ever seen play at ND. If it wasnt for inconsistent QB play last 2 years he would be where Blackmon is right now top 5 pick.

SquishDaFish
04-22-2012, 09:12 AM
First off, I'm not the one that said it first. I originally said one DUI, then was "corrected" by someone else.

That being said, you're correct, it was one DUI and 2 underage drinking. The point is, he's been popped three times for alcohol related incidents.

Again, as I said before, it doesn't change my opinion on the guy that much. The last incident was over a year ago and there are a lot worse things someone can get popped for.

But, concerning your "we all have" comment, I can personally say I have never been in trouble with the law for anything... Drinking or otherwise. I'm sure others can say the same thing, including a fair amunt of players that are in the2012 NFL Draft. So, we certainly "All" have not gotten in trouble.

At the end of the day, I have no problems with the Bills taking Floyd at 10, if that's who they want.

-Bill

Bill didnt mean to quote you. My bad I picked the wrong post to quote.

GreenMachine
04-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Some crazy catches:

Michael Floyd Highlights (http://video.staged.com/greenmachine/ultimate_michael_floyd_highlights)

SquishDaFish
04-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey GreenMachine stop with the coming here to try to make money with your links.

SquishDaFish
04-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Noone click on GreenMachines links. All he is doing it getting paid per click by uploading videos to a website.

BillsOverDolphins
04-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Noone click on GreenMachines links. All he is doing it getting paid per click by uploading videos to a website.
Why you gotta hate on a man's hustle, b?

feldspar
04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Bills like what they see from Irish WR Floyd

Floyd doesn't look Irish to me...

kingJofNYC
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Just watch the press conference, Floyd section was gold. Whaley had a huge smirk, you'd think something was tickling his *******, and Nix passed off the mic, "I don't want to talk about him." LOL

Not sure it indicates anything, but it was definitely entertaining.

acehole
04-23-2012, 12:01 AM

Black Irish.

better days
04-23-2012, 12:18 AM

Yeah, you never heard of the Black Irish?

SaviorEdwards
04-24-2012, 05:28 AM
solid album

http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/01/11/110111104534787333.jpg

SaviorEdwards
04-24-2012, 05:31 AM
2011- USC 4-28 0td
2010- USC- 11-86 1 td

To be fair the games against those schools had more to do with Rees's performances than Floyd's. He had elite production throughout his career(when healthy).

ND fans come out every year to pump up their guy. A couple years ago it was Clausen and Tate...this year its Floyd....the final result is usually the same. Floyd will put up similar numbers to Golden Tate.

In a couple years the same people will be asking for the Bills to draft Rees.