• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

The best value at #10 is:

In my opinion, pulling from a pool of players most expect to be there for us at #10.

Luke Kuechly

This years draft I have been all over the place. Usually I have my perceived pick dialed in weeks before the draft, but this year has been inside, outside, square and round in regards to dialing in on a player. SO many avenues, needs, and depth concerns at a few positions really left this one open. So much riding on who falls etc...

After digesting so many debates and arguments, after looking at a million mock drafts, versions 1 -92, after listening to numerous Bills press conferences.. I just believe Luke offers us huge value.

We have woeful depth at LB, and our starters could use competition / upgrade. Luke is a very instinctive football player, who's smart, strong, and relatively quick. Nix has already claimed Luke can play all 3 LB positions for the Bills.. That alone screams value for this team, and Nix does covet a player who can play multiple positions. He is also widely expected to be a 3 down LB, which is becoming rare in the NFL for a MLB

A player like Luke could thrive here given the upgrades to the DL we've made the last 2 seasons.

Add in his squeaky clean character record, the fact that he had a fantastic combine, the fact that the man was a very consistent tackling machine in college... How could we go wrong with Luke.

There is a debate into the level of talent at LB later on in the draft for a 4-3 LB, but there is depth at the WR position in this draft, and some depth at the CB position. The only OT really worth the #10 pick is Kalil and the odds say he won't be there.

Of course that doesn't mean we won't draft someone else, but out of the most probable candidates, that fills one of our needs, and the need to get a player who can play from day 1, who is highly likely to stay out of off field troubles... I really have to say Luke Kuechly has a very high probability of being a Bill.

Not saying this is going to be the pick, but if I was to deduce this logically, well then this was my hypothesis.
    Last edited by ddaryl; 04-21-2012, 07:26 AM.

• Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: The best value at #10 is:

If the Bills think that Kueckly is worth taking at 10, I'll trust them. They need LB depth and Kuechly would move Morrison back to a backup role. That would basically finish the defense and potentially make it dominant and set-up well for the future.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

If we sit at #10, I'm fine with him, Gilmore & Glenn..and probably more.

Those 3 can play right away. Perceived " value " is subjective and I trust the Bills evaluations.

Bring on the draft.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• baalworship
        • May 2003

A linebacker that doesn't rush the passer and despite his coverage abilities will not excel in man coverage.

Pass at 10.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jun 2003

Much rather have Floyd...we need playmakers on O
          Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

I come to same conclusion.

He will make most impact at a position of need with slightly above average value.

He will be free to roam in middle.

He will improve run defense.

He will help take Brady off Field.

As I said in earlier post he completes front 7.

Originally posted by ddaryl
            In my opinion, pulling from a pool of players most expect to be there for us at #10.

Luke Kuechly

This years draft I have been all over the place. Usually I have my perceived pick dialed in weeks before the draft, but this year has been inside, outside, square and round in regards to dialing in on a player. SO many avenues, needs, and depth concerns at a few positions really left this one open. So much riding on who falls etc...

After digesting so many debates and arguments, after looking at a million mock drafts, versions 1 -92, after listening to numerous Bills press conferences.. I just believe Luke offers us huge value.

We have woeful depth at LB, and our starters could use competition / upgrade. Luke is a very instinctive football player, who's smart, strong, and relatively quick. Nix has already claimed Luke can play all 3 LB positions for the Bills.. That alone screams value for this team, and Nix does covet a player who can play multiple positions. He is also widely expected to be a 3 down LB, which is becoming rare in the NFL for a MLB

A player like Luke could thrive here given the upgrades to the DL we've made the last 2 seasons.

Add in his squeaky clean character record, the fact that he had a fantastic combine, the fact that the man was a very consistent tackling machine in college... How could we go wrong with Luke.

There is a debate into the level of talent at LB later on in the draft for a 4-3 LB, but there is depth at the WR position in this draft, and some depth at the CB position. The only OT really worth the #10 pick is Kalil and the odds say he won't be there.

Of course that doesn't mean we won't draft someone else, but out of the most probable candidates, that fills one of our needs, and the need to get a player who can play from day 1, who is highly likely to stay out of off field troubles... I really have to say Luke Kuechly has a very high probability of being a Bill.

Not saying this is going to be the pick, but if I was to deduce this logically, well then this was my hypothesis.
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
              Floyd just doent seem like a bills type player.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

The bottom line for most teams around the NFL is to win the Super Bowl. And successful teams appear to have come to recognize that the key to winning a championship is to have as many impact players as possible. And given the fact that the NFL is now a passing league, most teams consider impact players to be primarily those involved in the passing game: QBs, receivers, and LTs on offense and guys that can rush the passer or cover on defense.

The New York Giants, who have won two of the past 5 Super Bowls, for example, have chosen 30 players in the first three rounds of the draft over the past ten years and 24 of those - for the mathematically challenged that’s fully 80% - were either a QB, WR, receiving TE, LT, DE, pass-rushing DT or LB, CB, or safety with speed. In contrast, the other positions including RB, RT, G/C, regular DT, LB or safety made up over half (60%) of players the Giants selected in rounds 4-7. The bottom line is that the good teams will still draft a player from those latter positions in the first three rounds if they regard that player as a likely 5-10 starter with Pro Bowl potential, but they are not likely to take a guy at one of those positions in the early rounds just to fill a hole on the roster. That’s what free agency is for

Again, the NFL has changed. Linebackers that just make tackles and can't rush the passer are not worthy of top ten picks. No linebacker can cover the premium tight ends and running backs so saying he is good in coverage is meaningless.
                Last edited by baalworship; 04-21-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by acehole
                  Floyd just doent seem like a bills type player.
                  That's because he has talent.
                  Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by baalworship
                    The bottom line for most teams around the NFL is to win the Super Bowl. And successful teams appear to have come to recognize that the key to winning a championship is to have as many impact players as possible. And given the fact that the NFL is now a passing league, most teams consider impact players to be primarily those involved in the passing game: QBs, receivers, and LTs on offense and guys that can rush the passer or cover on defense.

Again, the NFL has changed. Linebackers that just make tackles and can't rush the passer are not worthy of top ten picks. No linebacker can cover the premium tight ends and running backs so saying he is good in coverage is meaningless.
                    /thread.

People are failing to recognize the evolution of the game. You need passing weapons in today's NFL.
                    Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• elltrain22
                      • Sep 2003

I'll pass on Poz part 2, Floyd all the way!!
                      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• ddaryl
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Night Train

Those 3 can play right away. Perceived " value " is subjective and I trust the Bills evaluations.

Bring on the draft.

Of course which is why I made sure to includes lots of references to my opinion on this..

but his versatility, his consistent play in college, his solid combine and his character really make him a hard to pass on and an almost can't miss option.

I can find negatives with the OT options we probably would have.. CB's would be a good choice, and Barron would be fine too, but I value a LB over a safety on this team this year. Doubt Blackmon falls, and Floyd has character red flags and I think Nix will pass on him. Don't see us going DE at #10 either given the offseason upgrades

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
                          MAJOR CHARACTER ISSUES.. Nix won't look past those IMO

Good WR's will be available in this draft outside #10
                          Last edited by ddaryl; 04-21-2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• baalworship
                            • May 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                            I'll pass on Poz part 2, Floyd all the way!!

I am all about Floyd.

I want the following players at #10:

Michael Floyd
                            Cordy Glenn
                            Fletcher Cox

These are all beasts that will affect the passing game. Floyd, obviously can move the chains even when he is covered. Cordy Glenn can become a dominant left tackle. Fletcher Cox can collapse the pocket right in front of the QB and could be moved all over like Justin Tuck.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              • Jan 2005

I am all about Floyd.

I want the following players at #10:

Michael Floyd
                              Cordy Glenn
                              Fletcher Cox

These are all beasts that will affect the passing game. Floyd, obviously can move the chains even when he is covered. Cordy Glenn can become a dominant left tackle. Fletcher Cox can collapse the pocket right in front of the QB and could be moved all over like Justin Tuck.
                              Glenn needs time to be groomed for LT.. No immediate impact IMO. he would be a RT early on in Buffalo. In a tradeback scenario this would be a possibility IMO

Cox is a possibility, but I think we don't' address the DL early in this draft based on our offseason moves. We've got a decent stable of DT's and depth.

as I mentioned Floyd has numerous character infractions..

not saying we won't, but this is my mindset on why we probably will not.

A linebacker that doesn't rush the passer and despite his coverage abilities will not excel in man coverage.

Pass at 10.
                              But his coverage skills are good, his range is awesome, his versatility is huge. Behind a top DL he can be an impact player. We have major LB depth concerns and we could upgrade our starting LB lineup just the same.
                              Last edited by ddaryl; 04-21-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X