• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOverDolphins
    chop chop
    • Jun 2003

Why Michael Floyd is the only logical choice

As baal alluded to in the other thread, the NFL has evolved into a pass-happy league. That being said, there's 3 things that are most important in today's NFL:

1. A good to great QB.
    2. Great WRs/receiving weapons
    3. The ability to get pressure with your front four.

Fitz isn't the ideal QB, but he's not garbage either. Adding weapons like Floyd and Allen (pipedream) would only make him better. It would also satisfy the second criteria listed.

With the acquisitions of MW and MA, we have the potential to get pressure on the QB with just our front 4.

If we were to draft Floyd in the first and Dwayne Allen in the 2nd this team would be scary good on offense, imo. We're not going to win if we can't score points. Both of these guys are redzone monsters too.

After that, draft a QB or grab Sean Spence at OLB.
    Oh no!...We suck again!
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Why Michael Floyd is the only logical choice

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
    As baal alluded to in the other thread, the NFL has evolved into a pass-happy league. That being said, there's 3 things that are most important in today's NFL:

1. A good to great QB.

Fitz isn't the ideal QB, but he's not garbage either. Adding weapons like Floyd and Allen (pipedream) would only make him better. It would also satisfy the second criteria listed.

With the acquisitions of MW and MA, we have the potential to get pressure on the QB with just our front 4.

If we were to draft Floyd in the first and Dwayne Allen in the 2nd this team would be scary good on offense, imo. We're not going to win if we can't score points. Both of these guys are redzone monsters too.

I want Floyd more than any other potential pick at 10.

But, scoring points was not our problem last year... It was preventing them.

Furthermore, if this team wants to take the next step and compete for the division title and perpetually be in the running for the playoffs we must be able to consistently beat the Pats.

And to me our line and pass rush is now good enough but both our secondary and LB'ers can still be exploited. That could mean that Brady will eat us alive in the short game when we send in a big pass rush. We need to be solid in both the secondary and in the short areas.

So, I'm not someone who feels we must fill need #1 with our first pick... I think it can be much more fluid. And I also don't think Floyd would fill our biggest need... I think we have bigger needs. But, I'm a huge Floyd fan and he's the guy I'd like the most at 10.

Comment

• Dujek
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2008

I'm wearing my #3 Notre Dame jersey from now until the draft.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dujek
        I'm an Irish fan as well, and Floyd it one of my top 5 Irish players ever. But I'm just not getting the vibe that the Bills will pick him if he's there.

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Slim
          I'm an Irish fan as well, and Floyd it one of my top 5 Irish players ever. But I'm just not getting the vibe that the Bills will pick him if he's there.

they better
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

Why I want Floyd/Blackmon:

Donald Jones --- Sucks
            David Nelson --- meh, an okay #3 guy
            Namaan Roosevelt --- I'm a UB grad but he isn't a number 2, or 3.
            Ruvell Martin --- god awful, no hands
            Marcus Easley --- I'm not about to hang my hat on a guy who has never played

Comment

• Slim
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DrGraves
              Why I want Floyd/Blackmon:

Donald Jones --- Sucks
              David Nelson --- meh, an okay #3 guy
              Namaan Roosevelt --- I'm a UB grad but he isn't a number 2, or 3.
              Ruvell Martin --- god awful, no hands
              Marcus Easley --- I'm not about to hang my hat on a guy who has never played
              I'm right therewith you, WR is the sexiest pick we could make at ten. I'd be okay with Randle, Hill, Quick, Sanu, or Jeffrey later in the draft though. I feel like any of those guys are big upgrades over what we have now.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I'm not against Floyd by any means, he might be the only offensive player I'd be good with at 10, but 'Why Michael Floyd isn't the only logical choice'....

1. Defense wins championships.
                2. He might be gone before we pick.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

As long as he doesn't go Jeff Samardzija on us.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dujek
                    I have a #3 ND jersey too.... But when I got it, #3 was Ron Powlus
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins

1. A good to great QB.

As YR already alluded to, who's the logical choice if Floyd is off the board when we pick?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
                        • Jan 2010

Well there are allot of picks we could make that could fill a major hole, but the value of floyd at 10 is both bpa and fills a need. The only way to fill a hole while still getting great value is to trade back quite some.
                        “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• McBFLO
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          As YR already alluded to, who's the logical choice if Floyd is off the board when we pick?
                          Gilmore or Kirkpatrick. I don't want them to take a LT at #10. I don't know a ton about any of these OL, but none of the "experts" seem to be convinced that anyone after Kalil could step in and start at LT right from Day 1. I don't think we'll take an OL at #10 either, the way Buddy and the other FO guys were talking at the luncheon. I think it's a CB honestly, and I'd be happy with either of the guys mentioned above. But Foyd would be my first choice. He'd fill a big need and he could end up being a total stud.
                          Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

The way i see it Floyd is even with Blackmon. If we were to get a CB wed get the 2nd-3rd best, same with LT, and at DE. Then theres Luke, but i feel safer with Morrison starting at OLB than Jones at WR. And to the guy that said brady will eat us up. We had a 3-4 D, which meant at LB we had Johnson and Kelsay at times. Thats nearly 600 lbs at OLB for us. Of course we had issues covering. But now we have Barnett on one side, and possibly a quicker LB for the other, but even Moorison would be decent. We havent seen Barnett, Sheppard, or even Moats/Batten play 4-3 LB for us yet, well see how they do
                            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• we are
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Cali512
                              The way i see it Floyd is even with Blackmon. If we were to get a CB wed get the 2nd-3rd best, same with LT, and at DE. Then theres Luke, but i feel safer with Morrison starting at OLB than Jones at WR. And to the guy that said brady will eat us up. We had a 3-4 D, which meant at LB we had Johnson and Kelsay at times. Thats nearly 600 lbs at OLB for us. Of course we had issues covering. But now we have Barnett on one side, and possibly a quicker LB for the other, but even Moorison would be decent. We havent seen Barnett, Sheppard, or even Moats/Batten play 4-3 LB for us yet, well see how they do
                              Well we saw Moats play ILB, and that was a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                              X