PDA

View Full Version : And you thought the Bills had trouble selling tix?

Johnny Bugmenot
04-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Miami Dolphins’ position on South Florida sports hierarchy declining
by Dan Le Batard

They had to buy 10,000 seats to a game last year, giving them away to military personnel to avoid a TV blackout. They gave two free tickets to every season-ticket holder on occasion last year — and many of the fans didn’t want them, as evidenced by all the patches of empty seats on Sunday. From 1995 to 2005, Dolphins season-ticket sales were always around 60,000, but one source says the team is presently laboring to be at half that number. Sales are worse at the moment than the 46,131 season tickets the Dolphins sold after a 1-15 season, and that’s with the Dolphins selling a season-ticket package of 10 games in one section for $250 — $25 per game, the cheapest rate in the league.

Miami Herald (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/22/2761519/miami-dolphins-position-on-south.html)

better days
04-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Ross has to be the worst owner in the NFL & has given fans no reason to come watch the games.

Add to that that, in a poor economy, Miami also has the Canes, Heat, Panthers, & Marlins they can spend their sports dollar on. That is a lot of choices to spend a limited amount of sports/entertainment dollars.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-23-2012, 07:51 AM
economy in Florida is one of the worst in nation with housing totally crashing. Id be willing to bet my beachfront property that that is one of the primary reasons for declining ticket sales

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-23-2012, 07:52 AM
ps, i dont really have beachfront property LOL

tampabay25690
04-23-2012, 07:57 AM
economy in Florida is one of the worst in nation with housing totally crashing. Id be willing to bet my beachfront property that that is one of the primary reasons for declining ticket sales

Yea ll the 3 cities that have NFL in Florida are struggling.

Night Train
04-23-2012, 08:10 AM
They built that *****thole right in the middle of nowhere and you just bake like a lobster. 70% of there population can barely speak english and prefers soccer.

Couple that with a total rebuild in progress and you have the answers.

CleveSteve
04-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Sounds like they had better trade up to 3 for Tannehill to invigorate the fan base. :biggrin:

stuckincincy
04-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Sounds like they had better trade up to 3 for Tannehill to invigorate the fan base. :biggrin:

Hmm...a CLE fan advocating "defensive drafting"...it's a concept! :drive:

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2012, 08:17 AM
ps, i dont really have beachfront property LOL
TOOO LATE YOU ALREADY BET IT!!!

ddaryl
04-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Move Miami to LA

Night Train
04-23-2012, 08:23 AM
They'd prefer Mesi or Rinaldo.

PromoTheRobot
04-23-2012, 08:25 AM
"Decade of losing?" Did they not make the playoffs recently? Short memories, those Fin fans. But Leb-****** is right about Parcells being a false prophet. The guy is running on the fumes if his reputation. Screw'em. I hope they play in an empty stadium. Watch Ireland trade for Tebow in desperation.

PTR

justasportsfan
04-23-2012, 09:11 AM
they already had one of the most if not the most fairweathered fan base even when they were winninng to begin with. Not surprised their fan base have all decided to become Heat fans for now.

Historian
04-23-2012, 09:27 AM
:squish:

alnilla
04-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Oh well stinks for them. Pretty sad they cant fill a stadium of 60,000 or so with a population of a few million in the city

TMu11
04-25-2012, 06:05 AM
I was down in Miami for Wrestlemania and the Panthers game, and spent 2 weeks on South Beach.

NOT ONE of their novelty stores had anything Dolphins related. EVERYTHING was the Heat or Marlins. Even the Panthers merch. was nowhere to be found

better days
04-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Move Miami to LA

Well, Goodell wants to take the NFL International so maybe Havana would be a better move for Miami.

DrGraves
04-25-2012, 08:35 AM
LA LA LA LA

why have a team in a market no one cares about???

Johnny Bugmenot
04-25-2012, 08:38 PM
"Decade of losing?" Did they not make the playoffs recently? Short memories, those Fin fans. But Leb-****** is right about Parcells being a false prophet. The guy is running on the fumes if his reputation. Screw'em. I hope they play in an empty stadium. Watch Ireland trade for Tebow in desperation.

PTR
They made it once-- the year Brady didn't suit up for the Patriots and they still had Chad Pennington playing at a high level. That's the only time they've made the playoffs since the Texans joined the league. It's been pretty bad. Not quite as bad as Buffalo, but not much better.

(That being said, it says a lot about lack of parity in this division when one team, New England, has won eight out of ten division titles, while two of the three others, Buffalo and Miami, combined for one playoff appearance between them. It's gross stagnation at its worst.)

Mike13
04-25-2012, 09:32 PM
They built that *****thole right in the middle of nowhere and you just bake like a lobster. 70% of there population can barely speak english and prefers soccer.

There are so many things wrong with this post, so lets just call you the

bastard hellspawn of Palin and Santorum.

sqad5
04-26-2012, 12:11 AM
haha i think it's great..I hate the dolphins and there fans

thenry20
04-26-2012, 01:32 AM

This is HILARIOUS as *****! You slam a race who lack proper language skills and yet you demonstrate deficiencies with American grammar.

You can still come back and edit your post before anybody else notices.