X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Rumor: Patriots entertaining offers for Mallet

According to WGR550's the Howard Simon Show, the Patriots are listening to offers for Ryan Mallet. There were some Bills fans that did like him prior to the draft where the Patriots picked him. We do have an extra 4th we could deal. Would you take him, or pass? There is no link, that is why I've listed this one as rumor.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Rumor: Patriots entertaining offers for Mallet

If they don't want him even as a backup, that says something.

He was a world class choker during crunch time in college and also blatantly immature. That was right in his scouting report.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

If the Pats* don't want him, I don't either.

Comment

• gonzo1105
        • Jul 2002

They want a 2nd rounder. Why would the Pats draft him in the 3rd and dump him for a 4th a year later. Plus Hoyer is a FA next year and he will likely try to become a starter somewhere. Mallett would then be the backup. So I beg the question Why are they trying to trade the guy unless they knew he wasn't going to work out? The Pats are trying to sell high on the guy.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
          • Sep 2003

Any poster who declares such-and-such QB is can't-miss, then turns out to be a bust, deserves to be publicly humiliated. Stand up all you Mallett lovers! Line up for your medicine right behind the Clausen and Leinert lovers.

PTR
          10 Commandments of the D
          1. Never stop Rocking.
          2. Legalize all drugs.
          3. Quit your day job.
          4. All Religion should be taxed.
          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
          6. F**k her gently.
          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
            Any poster who declares such-and-such QB is can't-miss, then turns out to be a bust, deserves to be publicly humiliated. Stand up all you Mallett lovers! Line up for your medicine right behind the Clausen and Leinert lovers.

PTR
            The maturity level of this board never ends.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
              Will not tolerate vandalism.
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR
              Excuse me, but there's a little issue of who he is playing behind. A guy wearing a number 12 jersey who has led his team to five Super Bowl appearances.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gonzo1105
                They want a 2nd rounder. Why would the Pats draft him in the 3rd and dump him for a 4th a year later.
                Conversely, why would all the teams that passed on him in the 2nd give up a 2nd for him?
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• CleveSteve
                  • Apr 2011

Maybe they're thinking "Hey, a team might spend a 1st round pick on Ryan Tannehill... what do you think we could get for a QB who ran a pro system and can pass the ball accurately downfield?"

btw, I know Mike Sherman allegedly ran a WCO at A&M, but they ran an awful lot of shotgun and bubble screens to really be called a pro-style offense.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by gonzo1105
                    They want a 2nd rounder. Why would the Pats draft him in the 3rd and dump him for a 4th a year later. Plus Hoyer is a FA next year and he will likely try to become a starter somewhere. Mallett would then be the backup. So I beg the question Why are they trying to trade the guy unless they knew he wasn't going to work out? The Pats are trying to sell high on the guy.
                    In my opinion, if the Patriots are offering him, there's something wrong with that picture. Besides, they are a division rival, you never give up what they want. You force them to settle, and if you can't then you move on. It's that simple.

Comment

• Mike13
                      • Aug 2005

its odd that they'd give up on him after a year. I figured they'd actually spend more time grooming him.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                        • Feb 2005

they ONLY drafted him IMO for trade bait in the future
                        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Buyer beware.

Comment

• MattyNH
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Why so Serious?
                            they ONLY drafted him IMO for trade bait in the future
                            Agreed, so why would they take a 4th? Doesnt make sense unless something bad has happened.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mike13
                              its odd that they'd give up on him after a year. I figured they'd actually spend more time grooming him.
                              Why?

I've come to accept that Bill Belichick, AKA the Devil, is the best talent evaluator in the NFL. Just look at his W/L record the last decade+ to see that. They draft well, they sign key people to fill in when needed, and they seem to obtain 3-4 day 1/2 picks each year, which keeps them competetive and young, for the most part.

I was a little stunned when I saw them draft Ryan Mallet since he was never going to see the field as long as Brady can at least limp to the huddle. Now they are trying to get rid of him. This leads me to believe that the Devil can't do anything with him and has no reason to occupy a roster spot. I think they messed up by drafting him so early, but because of how they operate, it's no big deal to draft a boom/bust prospect to give him a shot. I bet they get something for him that can be turned into something more productive than a 3rd string QB. If so, then the wasted pick wasn't so wasted afterall.

Comment

Working...
                              X