PDA

View Full Version : What pick @ 10 would make you mad?

Forward_Lateral
04-23-2012, 08:43 AM
For me, if the Bills picked Barron, or another safety at 10, I'd throw something at my TV. I think that's the only position I'd be extremely pissed about, if the Bills drafted it at 10th overall.

stuckincincy
04-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Floyd. I wonder if he would flourish in the status quo 3 step quick pass scheme? Better off with Fleener if that's next year's M.O.

djjimkelly
04-23-2012, 08:47 AM
barron decastro or tannehill or a RB

would make me livid

a tackle not named kalil in first round will also make me not happy

ThunderGun
04-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Reiff

ThunderGun
04-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Or anybody not named Michael Floyd.

Extremebillsfan247
04-23-2012, 08:56 AM
For me, if the Bills picked Barron, or another safety at 10, I'd throw something at my TV. I think that's the only position I'd be extremely pissed about, if the Bills drafted it at 10th overall.I don't know if I'd be mad with a Barron pick, he is a really good safety prospect. But, I'd be surprised if the Bills went in that direction. The pick I'd be most disappointed with is Tannehill if that is who the Bills drafted at 10. The Bills have already sold the whole team on Fitzpatrick. Drafting a QB at 10 would be a mistake unless he is a can't miss, and Tannehill is not a can't miss prospect. JMO

mjt328
04-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Mark Barron would make me the angriest. I can think of a dozen reasons why he would be an extremely poor pick.

Stephon Gilmore would disappoint me. Cornerback is certainly a need for us, but there is nothing about Gilmore that impresses me on film. I prefer Dre Kirkpatrick, and it's not even close.

Ryan Tannehill would make me shake my head. Part of me would be happy the Bills were FINALLY attempting to improve the quarterback position. But at the same time, I don't think Tannehill will be very good.

CleveSteve
04-23-2012, 09:00 AM
I would say that Decastro and Tannehill would be bad picks for Buffalo at 10.

Coples would not be a good pick at 10. If I were Buffalo, my top 10 board would look like:

Luck
Griffin
Kalil
Blackmon
Floyd
Kirkpatrick
Claiborne
Reiff
Glenn
Keuchly

The Jokeman
04-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Barron or Tannehill or DeCastro or Kuechly or Glenn. EDIT: I forget Richardson.

ddaryl
04-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Coples, Ingrham Tannenhill Reiff Richardson.

mysticsoto
04-23-2012, 09:31 AM
By the sounds of it...there's going to be people *****ing here Thursday night...people are all over the place on this one.

I just don't want a running back. If Barron is the next Ed Reed, then bring it on. If they like Reiff, we could certainly use a tackle. I'm going to remain open minded on whoever they pick. RB to me though is the absolute least needy position unless they performed some sort of trade and got rid of FJ or something (which is doubtful) - and even then, we have 2 1st rd level players so there'd be no need to draft another 1st rd RB regardless.

we are
04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
By the sounds of it...there's going to be people *****ing here Thursday night...people are all over the place on this one.

I just don't want a running back. If Barron is the next Ed Reed, then bring it on. If they like Reiff, we could certainly use a tackle. I'm going to remain open minded on whoever they pick. RB to me though is the absolute least needy position unless they performed some sort of trade and got rid of FJ or something (which is doubtful) - and even then, we have 2 1st rd level players so there'd be no need to draft another 1st rd RB regardless.

They only way Bills message boards won't be mayhem is if someone falls (Claiborne, Blackmon, Kalil) or the Bills trade down and grab Kirkpatrick/Gilmore.

Anyone else taken at ten and there will be countless "reach", "did they not learn from whitner??" and "poz 2.0" threads started thursday night.

User Manuel
04-23-2012, 10:04 AM
A safety or RB at 10. I'd smash the TV and beat the dog.

Just say "no" to Barron.

ServoBillieves
04-23-2012, 10:11 AM
The hilarity is that 75% of the board and/or Bills fans will be furious that their mock draft was wrong or that the guy they wanted wasn't picked. I honestly get Delirium tremens and the shakes this time of year because I just want the damn draft to get here.

Rest assured, whoever we get, most everyone will be mad.

Personally, I wouldn't be a fan of Barron. Watching tape (and again, not youtube highlights with rap music, actual games), he tries for the ESPN highlight hit way too much, and that won't fly and I don't know if mentally that could be coached down. He's talented, don't get me wrong, but he reminds me of Meriweather.

The first 9 isn't even close to set in stone, so who knows what will be there at 10. All I know is these players are the story of the future and I'm waiting to turn the page.

Mindbender
04-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Would be ecstatic with: Luck, RG3, Kalil, Claiborne

Would be happy with: Floyd, Kirkpatrick, DeCastro, Keuchly, Glenn

Would be meh with: Tannehill, Coples, Richardson, Gilmore, Barron

Would be mad with: Honestly, it would take an off the wall pick to truly make me mad. I'm at a place where Nix and Chan have engendered alot of trust for me. So most of their picks as long as it's BPA or fills a need AND is not an off the wall pick (Mike Adams, Dontari Poe etc.) who is rated ALOT later would make me a happy camper.

baalworship
04-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Don't want Poz or Whitner.

SquishDaFish
04-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Tannehill or reiff

mjt328
04-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Personally, I wouldn't be a fan of Barron. Watching tape (and again, not youtube highlights with rap music, actual games), he tries for the ESPN highlight hit way too much, and that won't fly and I don't know if mentally that could be coached down. He's talented, don't get me wrong, but he reminds me of Meriweather.

I couldn't agree more.

If I saw even a glimpse of Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed, etc. when I watched Mark Barron, I would have no problem with them taking a shot.

I don't see anything special with Barron. He isn't a ballhawk that causes a lot of turnovers. He isn't a big hitter. He isn't even that great of a tackler (seems like he always leads with a shoulder pop instead of wrapping up).

The draft has to be a balancing act of TALENT vs. NEED.
To me, Barron doesn't fit either.

Night Train
04-23-2012, 11:09 AM
So basically, every guy the Bills are considering at #10 is WRONG.

:rofl:

SquishDaFish
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Would be ecstatic with: Luck, RG3, Kalil, Claiborne

Would be happy with: Floyd, Kirkpatrick, DeCastro, Keuchly, Glenn

Would be meh with: Tannehill, Coples, Richardson, Gilmore, Barron

Would be mad with: Honestly, it would take an off the wall pick to truly make me mad. I'm at a place where Nix and Chan have engendered alot of trust for me. So most of their picks as long as it's BPA or fills a need AND is not an off the wall pick (Mike Adams, Dontari Poe etc.) who is rated ALOT later would make me a happy camper.

I agree

Philagape
04-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Stevie Johnson Endzone Dance:
Kalil

Dick Jauron Clap:
Floyd, Blackmon, Kuechly, Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, DeCastro, Barron

Marge Simpson Groan:
Reiff, Martin, Glenn, Coples, Richardson

Fred Sanford Heart Attack:
Tannehill

ThunderGun
04-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Dick Jauron Clap:

:rofl:

Lexwhat
04-23-2012, 12:22 PM
What pick would make me mad at "10"? That's a simple answer -- A bust.

We have holes everywhere on this team. A good, quality player worthy of an early 1st round pick who stays with us for a long time is a good pick no matter what position he plays.

We should simply go for whoever Buddy Nix thinks is the best player available. I don't care if that's Floyd, Kirkpatrick, Gilmore, Barron, Coples, or Kuechly. When Nix stuck to his draft board 2 years ago and took CJ Spiller even though we didn't "need" a RB, I knew it was a good decision.

The 1st round is not the place to reach for a player to fill a need. Just find the best player and your team will get better.

Ed
04-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Nix and his staff know a lot more about football than I ever will, so I'll trust their judgement and just be excited about our new player. However, picking Tannehill would concern me.

stuckincincy
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
]Nix and his staff know a lot more about football than I ever will,[/B] so I'll trust their judgement and just be excited about our new player. However, picking Tannehill would concern me.

Don't be so sure...

mjt328
04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
We have holes everywhere on this team.

For the first time in a long time, I don't think we have many holes. In fact, I think we could conceivably fill every major hole in the draft and with some remaining pickups in free agency.

Consider that just LAST YEAR at this time (just prior to the draft), we had major holes at: Offensive Tackle, Wide Receiver, Tight End, Defensive End, Defensive Tackle, Every Linebacker Position and Cornerback.
Since then we have added Marcel Dareus (DT), Aaron Williams (CB), Kelvin Sheppard (LB), Nick Barnett (LB), Kirk Morrison (LB), Mario Williams (DE) and Mark Anderson (DE). Even Scott Chandler (TE) stepped up and became a pretty decent red zone threat.
The only decent player that we've really lost in that time span is Demetrius Bell.

To me, the only big holes that remain (not counting the ever controversial quarterback position) are at left tackle and wide receiver.

baalworship
04-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Just getting a player that is not a bust is not good enough for me. I always have believed in Buddy Nix as a scout and talent evaluator. The question is can he assemble a great TEAM?

This is what Belichick does so well. He doesn't always get BPA but finds guys that fit together and work in what the Patriots will actually do. If Nix takes a middle linebacker that can't rush the passer or a strong safety that struggles in man coverage I will start to doubt his ability to assemble a great team and think he is just a good scout, not a GM.

CleveSteve
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
A safety or RB at 10. I'd smash the TV and beat the dog.

Just say "no" to Barron.

I'd much rather you punched a baby in the nuts than beat a dog.

kingJofNYC
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Coples

Runner up would be Barron, but it's not because Barron's a bad player, I just think safety isn't a position that we need to address that early.

Lexwhat
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
For the first time in a long time, I don't think we have many holes. In fact, I think we could conceivably fill every major hole in the draft and with some remaining pickups in free agency.

Consider that just LAST YEAR at this time (just prior to the draft), we had major holes at: Offensive Tackle, Wide Receiver, Tight End, Defensive End, Defensive Tackle, Every Linebacker Position and Cornerback.
Since then we have added Marcel Dareus (DT), Aaron Williams (CB), Kelvin Sheppard (LB), Nick Barnett (LB), Kirk Morrison (LB), Mario Williams (DE) and Mark Anderson (DE). Even Scott Chandler (TE) stepped up and became a pretty decent red zone threat.
The only decent player that we've really lost in that time span is Demetrius Bell.

To me, the only big holes that remain (not counting the ever controversial quarterback position) are at left tackle and wide receiver.

I think I didn't word my post as well as I should have. My point was that we should aim for an elite player that's actually worthy of the #10 pick, rather than trying to fill a need and over-valuing a particular player because of that.

When talking about the #10 pick, usually we leave out positions such as Center, Guard, and Tight End anyway. We definitely don't need a RB, and even if we did, no RB will be worth the #10 pick in this draft (Richardson will be long gone).

So, that leaves WR, LT, CB, LB, DE, DT, and Safety. Just FYI: I have NOT followed the prospects this year nor done any research on them. Therefore, I don't like/dislike anyone.

Left Tackle is a huge hole (and no depth) -- Yet it hardly seems like there is a LT worth the #10 pick. Unless Kalil falls to us, it's silly to draft a LT at the #10 spot.

For all the other positions (WR, CB, LB, DE, DT, Safety) -- It seems (according to scouting reports) like there would be a player "worthy" of the #10 pick.
I have no idea how Mark Barron will turn out, but if he turns out like Troy Polamalu, would you be mad to have him on our team? If Kuechly turns out to be like Urlacher, would he not make our team better? If Coples turns out like Pierre-Paul, what's there to complain about?

The point is simply that no player's job should be viewed as safe. There is such a high turnover of players from season to season due to injuries, age, regression, that (almost) no position should be "ignored" as being eligible for an upgrade. We had possibly the worst Defense in the league last year, and only adding 2 players (1 starter) in the off-season doesn't go very far.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
if the Bills take Tannehill at #10, i will bash this organization to no end until The Old Fart is gone.

YardRat
04-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Tannehill

PIZ
04-23-2012, 08:58 PM
You guys that are negative on Barron, need to do some research. He is no way the next Whitner. The Bills have not had a safety like Barron in forever. He will be a star and a leader on that defense. Play-maker and difference maker.

Kuechly or Barron should be the pick.

X-Era
04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
You guys that are negative on Barron, need to do some research. He is no way the next Whitner. The Bills have not had a safety like Barron in forever. He will be a star and a leader on that defense. Play-maker and difference maker.

Kuechly or Barron should be the pick.I'm a Barron fan... But I'd prefer to draft a different position. Would I hate it? No.

But it's also tough for me to "hate" adding a top even 20 player to our team. I mean that would seem to be adding a very good player regardless of position.

Beebe
04-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Riley Reiff,Mark Barron,Trent Richardson,Ryan Tannehill. no no no no.No not for the BILLS ok.

Michael82
04-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Tannehill would really piss me off! Richardson would make me mad, but I would be expecting one of our RBs to be traded immediately and then I wouldnt be that angry. He's going to be a stud.

TMu11
04-24-2012, 05:39 AM
Stevie Johnson Endzone Dance:
Kalil

Dick Jauron Clap:
Floyd, Blackmon, Kuechly, Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, DeCastro, Barron

Marge Simpson Groan:
Reiff, Martin, Glenn, Coples, Richardson

Fred Sanford Heart Attack:
Tannehill

This ^

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2012, 07:01 AM
riley reiff

baalworship
04-24-2012, 07:29 AM
A strong safety at 10 that is known as good at tackling but has questions about coverage doesn't remind you of Whitner?

Historian
04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
...or anybody on whom the moniker "high motor" has been used.