X-Era
04-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Via V-text.

clumping platelets
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
their

clumping platelets
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
This is why I consider DeCastro at #10..............they will both be UFAs after the season

better days
04-23-2012, 03:32 PM
This is why I consider DeCastro at #10..............they will both be UFAs after the season

And Wood is often injured. I would much rather DeCastro than Reiff or Martin at #10.

JCBills
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Or you stick with what you developed and sign one to a long term deal. Urbik was very good at G and filled in well at C. Rinehart was just as effective. The team needs tackles.

better days
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Or you stick with what you developed and sign one to a long term deal. Urbik was very good at G and filled in well at C. Rinehart was just as effective. The team needs tackles.

I agree & hopefully the Bills can get an OT later in rnd 1 or in rnd 2.

jamze132
04-23-2012, 04:00 PM
No. Can't go G at #10. I understand your thought process on this but there are more immediate needs that can be filled.

better days
04-23-2012, 04:05 PM
No. Can't go G at #10. I understand your thought process on this but there are more immediate needs that can be filled.

The question is how good are the players to fill those needs. DeCastro is being talked about as the next Steve Hutchinson. NOBODY is saying ANY OT, or WR will be an elite player like that.

Rnds 2-7 can be used to fill those needs unless a player has elite potential, I don't think he should be picked at #10 myself.

stuckincincy
04-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Via V-text.

Smart - Any NFL paycheck is better than pay for serving or cooking chicken tenders.

Buddo
04-23-2012, 04:13 PM
I'd be prepared to bet that one of them has a 'proper' deal by the end of TC, that isn't going to be overly expensive.
Continuity is a good thing for the O-Line, and with these two definitely here for the season, we will be well set at Guard and Center, both starting and backup.
What we really need is two OTs, and pretty much badly. We currently have no depth at all.

JCBills
04-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Smart - Any NFL paycheck is better than pay for serving or cooking chicken tenders.

A lot of teams would probably love to have either of them. With their play last season, they probably won't have a hard time if they hit the open market next season.

stuckincincy
04-23-2012, 04:39 PM
A lot of teams would probably love to have either of them. With their play last season, they probably won't have a hard time if they hit the open market next season.

Right - teams pound the door down for players on a 6 -10 team with a philosophy of passing as quick as can be.

JCBills
04-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Right - teams pound the door down for players on a 6 -10 team with a philosophy of passing as quick as can be.

A lot of teams utilize quick-passing attacks for a lot of their offense. Yeah, they throw the deep ball more, but it isn't like we're the deformed cousin of an NFL offense.

Teams know running the ball is still very important, both grade out well in that area metrically and can be seen in games if you don't like numbers. Credit the offense if you like, but neither surrendered a sack while at OG. Rinehart allowed 2 hits and 8 hurries, Urbik just 2 hurries. That takes more than a quick release.

The offense wasn't the weak point of the team.

YardRat
04-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Steve Hutchinson didn't do dick for Minnesota...one of the worst FA signings ever.

MattyNH
04-23-2012, 07:44 PM
These guys are good values for this upcoming season. I wonder if/when they consider extending one of them?

clumping platelets
04-23-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd be prepared to bet that one of them has a 'proper' deal by the end of TC, that isn't going to be overly expensive.
Continuity is a good thing for the O-Line, and with these two definitely here for the season, we will be well set at Guard and Center, both starting and backup.
What we really need is two OTs, and pretty much badly. We currently have no depth at all.

Well...I wouldn't too much on this.....once a player signs the RFA tender, they may not be able to sign an extension until after the season. The system is different for FP's

clumping platelets
04-23-2012, 10:35 PM
The question is how good are the players to fill those needs. DeCastro is being talked about as the next Steve Hutchinson. NOBODY is saying ANY OT, or WR will be an elite player like that.

Rnds 2-7 can be used to fill those needs unless a player has elite potential, I don't think he should be picked at #10 myself.

WR depth in this draft is very good. Decent CB's can be had in a later rds as well. OT depth sucks but we aren't getting Kalil and I have no interest in Martin b/c he's far too much of a finesse player.

bigbub2352
04-23-2012, 10:37 PM
both solid hoped we can ink them both long term next yr

better days
04-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Steve Hutchinson didn't do dick for Minnesota...one of the worst FA signings ever.

Well, if the Saints did not have a bounty on Favre & anyone that watched that game can see they did in retrospect, he would have been part of a Vikings Super Bowl team.