PDA

View Full Version : X-Era's Buffalo Bills Mock Draft V1.0

X-Era
04-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Heres my mock based on a combo of what I'd like to see and what seems to make sense:

1) Luke Kuechly- LB, BC
2) Josh Robinson- CB, Cen Fla
3) Brian Quick- WR, App St.
4a) Zebrie Sanders- OT, Fla St.
4b) Travis Lewis- OLB, Okl
5a) Tank Carder- LB, TCU
5b) DeQuan Menzie- CB, Ala
6) Michael Brewster- OC, Oh St
7a) Marquis Maze- WR, Ala
7b) Rishaw Johnson- OG, Cal (PA)

Notes:

1) I think Kuechly is the safest bet at 10 out of the possibilities. I love what he could bring to our LB corp as a leader and as far as his production goes. I'd love Floyd but I just don't think the Bills are that high on him.
2) Josh Robinson could end up being a fantastic pick. Very athletic with some good skills.
3) Brian Quick may go higher but I'd feel better taking him here. Love what he might bring as a complimentary receiver with athletcism.
4) Zebrie Sanders may be able to play LT in the NFL and since he played both RT and LT at Fla St he should be able to help early to be solid swing tackle depth. I like his athleticism at the LT spot.
5) Travis Lewis is the kind of smaller OLB that may really help us in pass coverage. But I think he's got underrated athleticism on the field and plays with good intensity.
6) Love the way Tank Carder plays. I'd love to add his intensity. Again, the change in scheme puts lot's of our current LB'ers like Batten and Moats out of position. At the very least Lewis and Carder could help push for backup spots and add to ST's.
7) Menzie and Brewster add backups to the mix at spots where we need more bodies.
8) Love what I think Maze can bring as a replacement for Parrish returning. He's a really solid looking football player who's attitude and approach to the game will win people over.
9) Johnson is your classic late round small school type player with a shot to make it in the NFL.

Don't Panic
04-23-2012, 07:58 PM
CB and WR depth is heavy through the 3rd and even 4th round. I hate to miss on a LT, but since there won't be one there I agree that Kuechly should be the pick.

Figster
04-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Heres my mock based on a combo of what I'd like to see and what seems to make sense:

1) Luke Kuechly- LB, BC
5a) Tank Carder- LB, TCU

Notes:

1) I think Kuechly is the safest bet at 10 out of the possibilities. I love what he could bring to our LB corp as a leader and as far as his production goes. I'd love Floyd but I just don't think the Bills are that high on him.
2) Josh Robinson could end up being a fantastic pick. Very athletic with some good skills.
3) Brian Quick may go higher but I'd feel better taking him here. Love what he might bring as a complimentary receiver with athletcism.
4) Zebrie Sanders may be able to play LT in the NFL and since he played both RT and LT at Fla St he should be able to help early to be solid swing tackle depth. I like his athleticism at the LT spot.
5) Travis Lewis is the kind of smaller OLB that may really help us in pass coverage. But I think he's got underrated athleticism on the field and plays with good intensity.
6) Love the way Tank Carder plays. I'd love to add his intensity. Again, the change in scheme puts lot's of our current LB'ers like Batten and Moats out of position. At the very least Lewis and Carder could help push for backup spots and add to ST's.
7) Menzie and Brewster add backups to the mix at spots where we need more bodies.
8) Love what I think Maze can bring as a replacement for Parrish returning. He's a really solid looking football player who's attitude and approach to the game will win people over.
9) Johnson is your classic late round small school type player with a shot to make it in the NFL.

Nice mock X-Era, but wheres our QB ?

we need :help!: at the QB position, hehe

alohabillsfan
04-23-2012, 08:05 PM
He is number 14

NOT THE DUDE...
04-23-2012, 08:10 PM
i like the mock but can we do better than those 1st 2 picks?

ServoBillieves
04-23-2012, 08:12 PM
And my attempt to stop these threads has failed... Note taken.

X-Era
04-23-2012, 08:51 PM
And my attempt to stop these threads has failed... Note taken.This is my first and probably only one.

BertSquirtgum
04-23-2012, 09:17 PM
One word. Terrible.

CleveSteve
04-23-2012, 10:10 PM
I like Lewis, Carder, Maze, and Menzie.

Zebrie Sanders is terrible. You don't want him at all. He was a mediocre RT at FSU and only moved to LT because Datko was injured. Datko is far superior. I never understood why Sanders used to be rated as a 2nd rounder.

If you want a good laugh, check out the video "Zebrie sanders falls asleep."

I have never seen Rishaw Johnson play. I don't know if he's a good OG. I did see him at the combine. Holy crap he looked like the least-natural "athlete" at the event. I don't want him on my practice squad.

Michael82
04-24-2012, 12:39 AM

1) Luke Kuechly- LB, BC
5a) Tank Carder- LB, TCU

Notes:

Interesting mock draft. But where's the QB? If they end this draft without getting a single QB, I will be very upset.

jamze132
04-24-2012, 04:52 AM
Maze won't be there in RD7 and how come you didn't take a QB?

elkhunter
04-24-2012, 04:57 AM
I could live with those picks

alohabillsfan
04-24-2012, 05:02 AM
Why is everyone obsessed with drafting a QB in the 3rd round and beyond. (Please research starting QB's and their draft positions)

Why do people start a new thread for their mock?

CleveSteve
04-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Why is everyone obsessed with drafting a QB in the 3rd round and beyond. (Please research starting QB's and their draft positions)

Well, let's look at the AFCE:

Tom Brady, 6th Round
Ryan Fitzpatrick, 7th Round
Matt Moore, UDFA
Mark Sanchize, 1st Round

(Which QB sucks the most?)

All Current Starting QBs drafted 3rd Round or Later
Tom Brady, 6th Round
Ryan Fitzpatrick, 7th Round
Matt Moore, UDFA
Matt Cassell, 7th round
Matt Flynn, 7th Round
Matt Hasselbeck, 6th Round
Matt Schaub, 3rd Round
Tony Romo, UDFA
Colt McCoy, 3rd Round

Sometimes teams are stuck starting terrible QBs because they drafted them in Round 1
Mark Sanchez
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Joe "Best in the NFL" Flacco
Alex Smith 2005-2010
Sam Bradford

ddaryl
04-24-2012, 08:38 AM
I like the 1st 2 picks.. After that who knows what will happen.

We need a groom-able QB

psubills62
04-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Not a fan of LB in the top 10 unless it's Patrick Willis or one of his children. And honestly, I don't think Nix values LB's earlier than the third round. I'd be shocked if he drafted Kuechly.

Ed
04-24-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't think there's much chance that we draft two interior linemen. Nix has already said that he likes our starters and depth on the inside of the OL. If we're going to draft three O-linemen, two of them better be OT's.

X-Era
04-28-2012, 05:36 PM
In the spirit of ruthlessly picking on alohabillsfan (in good taste of course). I'd like to bump my own mock which also features 2 correct selections. Right player but incorrect spot.