• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Bills and Qb Kirk Cousins

Take it for what it's worth.
    I heard a interview with him today on Sirius.
    They asked what team has been the most interested and he said by far the Buffalo Bills.
    He said Chan Gailey is 1 of the best to get QB's to show there strengths.
    Bills told him they need a guy to sit and learn from Fitz.
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: Bills and Qb Kirk Cousins

probably rd 2... hmmm... well i dont hate the pick, he showed great sings at state but was down other days...

i dont mind it.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Learn from Fitz, the living legend.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

I don't mind him... But I'd rather have Weeden or even Foles.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by X-Era
          I don't mind him... But I'd rather have Weeden or even Foles.

Ya because that makes sense. When Fitz retires/leaves, we really want his backup to be the same age.
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512
            Ya because that makes sense. When Fitz retires/leaves, we really want his backup to be the same age.

Hahahah burn.
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Fitz could leave as early as next year with rumors of an opt out clause and Gailey going into his lame duck year...

Put it this way, if your convinced Fitz is finishing his career as our starter, we have no need for an heir apparent any time soon.
              Last edited by X-Era; 04-23-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

Weeden would be an idiotic pick anytime before the 4 th round at his age.
                "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
                  Weeden would be an idiotic pick anytime before the 4 th round at his age.
                  And he could be available there because of it.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Fitz could leave as early as next year with rumors of an opt out clause and Gailey going into his lame duck year...

Put it this way, if your convinced Fitz is finishing his career as our starter, we have no need for an heir apparent any time soon.

I would much rather have a young 21 year old QB, that when Fitz retires (34-36) his backup will only be 26-28. Now if we have Weeden, even if Fitz stalls in 2 years, Weeden will always be the same age. Also if Gailey and Fitz our gone, what coach in there right mind would be excited by the sophmore QB whos already 30?
                    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

I would much rather have a young 21 year old QB, that when Fitz retires (34-36) his backup will only be 26-28. Now if we have Weeden, even if Fitz stalls in 2 years, Weeden will always be the same age. Also if Gailey and Fitz our gone, what coach in there right mind would be excited by the sophmore QB whos already 30?
                      Why draft a QB in any of the 1st 3 rounds of this years draft if you plan to sit him for 5-7 years?

If Gailey is gone the new HC will likely want his own hand picked QB anyways. So drafting a QB in that early of a round means they must want a legit developmental prospect and a guy they can develop in the near future.

But even if Weeden is the new starter in a year we couldn't get 5-7 years out of him? How many QB's have we had start for 5-7 years on this team in the past several decades? 1?

No, it's not ideal. Yes, I'd rather the prospect be 21. But a prospect with Weeden's skills and only 21 years old goes in the 1st round IMO. Look, I feel Weeden is one of the better prospects as far as NFL readiness, plays in a very similar offense, and may be able to start in a year or two. I think he needs less development than Osweiler or Tannehill.

If we draft a QB in rounds 1-3 I want a legit developmental prospect who could be a viable starter option in a year or two... not 3 or 4 years... or to me it isn't worth it.
                      Last edited by X-Era; 04-23-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

And he could be available there because of it.

I dont get it tho. Honestly stats wise, production, and everything cept age, Weedan should actually be were Tannehill is. I think Weeden has to play now, and should be takin higher than where he is because of it. Tannehill will have to wait for a few years, so i dont get why hes a top 10 pick? Am i missing something or isnt the first 3 rounds supposed to be for players that will play? Let alone a QB who shouldnt see the field for 3-5 years. If Weeden was 21 hed be a 1st round pick, if Tannehill was 29, he probably wouldnt of entered the draft.

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Why draft a QB in any of the 1st 3 rounds of this years draft if you plan to sit him for 5-7 years?

If Gailey is gone the new HC will likely want his own hand picked QB anyways.

But even if Weeden is the new starter in a year we couldn't get 5-7 years out of him? How many QB's have we had start for 5-7 years on this team in the past several decades? 1?

Im using bills logic. Bills like Fitz, so what im saying is if our idea is to have the QB sit, why would we want Weeden? If the staff came out and said we want a starter for next year, that we can take past the 2nd, id say yes to Weeden. But thats the furthest thing from there approach.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                            • Jun 2009

If Fitz goes down I'd rather have Weeden this year then Tannehill, Cousins and whoever else we currently have under contract playing qb.

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                              If Fitz goes down I'd rather have Weeden this year then Tannehill, Cousins and whoever else we currently have under contract playing qb.

This is the only possible reason id take him. If we really dont feel strong about his ribs and want someone just in case that is old and mature enough to start.

Comment

Working...
                              X