PDA

View Full Version : BZFFL #1 - Week 1 Recap!!!

lordofgun
09-10-2002, 09:29 AM
<h1>BZFFL#1 Week 1 Recap</h1>
<h3>Aero soars over competition as division rivals clash</h3>
<p><b>Aero Planes (Aero II) - 108<br>Clumping Platelets – 84</b><p>The Aero Planes (1-0) went into Sunday against the “League Favorite” and promptly removed all humping and spanking from Clumping Platelets’ (0-1) day. Aero had a huge performance from Priest Holmes, who led the way with 37 points. 14 from your TE doesn’t hurt either as Aero’s draft day gamble paid off. Clumping had some nice performances too as Eddie George rebounded from a terrible season to score 21, while Rich Gannon added 19 of his own. In the end, it was not enough for CP as they needed the Steelers D to come up big. It didn’t happen. Aero showed what their high-powered team can do, and cemented themselves a tie for first in the West.<p><b>Yonkers Platypi Trappers (BF1) – 94<br>Hart Attack (Don137) – 96</b><p>The team that picked nearly all Bills players almost shocked the world. However, just like the kickoff returns that saddled the Bills with a loss, the Yonkers Platypi Trappers (0-1) came up just short as well. Travis Henry had the performance of a lifetime for the Trappers with 3 TDs in a 32 point performance, and Eric Moulds added 17. Hart Attack (1-0) had impressive outings from receivers David Boston and Rod Gardner as they both scored 19. They were able to overcome a sub-par Marshall Faulk day, who “only” scored 16. Hart Attack may be the best team in the East.<p><b>Rochester Rampage (Mike32282) – 78<br>Ferdilizers (CalBillsFan) – 82</b><p>Ferdilizers (1-0) rode an amazing day by Marty Booker (25 pts.) to a nail-biting win over the Fat Pansi…errr…Rochester Rampage (0-1). Fred Taylor, a comeback player of the year candidate every year, may just win that award this year with a 17 point performance to start the season strong, and help the Ferds to the win. Brett Favre led the way for the Rampage with 23.<p>Before the game, the Rampage owner was said to be cocky and arrogant. After the game, he gestured to the crowd, yelled “Bite me!” and promptly tossed a quarter at some broad.<p><b>Earthquake Zone (Earthquake Enyart) – 83<br>Ebenezer – 93</b><p>Two 21-point performances from Donovan McNabb and Ladanian Tomlinson proved tough to beat as Ebenezer (1-0) knocked off BZFFL#1’s version of Al Davis. Earthquake Zone (0-1) must be kicking themselves for starting Jim Miller, who scored 10 fewer points than Tom Brady, and could have forced a tie-game. Had this game been closer, Warrick Dunn’s 19 points on the Bench for Ebenezer would have hurt.<p><b>Lake Eerie Monsters (SB43) – 96<br>TacklingDummyRJ – 81</b><p>Another of the league’s more formidable teams, Lake Eerie Monsters (1-0), showed off with a dominating performance over TacklingDummyRJ (0-1). 26 points from Payton Manning along with double-digits from 3 of 4 WRs and RBs propelled the monsters to this easy victory. A nice 30-point performance from Charlie Garner wasn’t enough for the Dummies.<p><b>The Mean Sharks (lordofgun) – 65<br>The Route 20A Cows (Philagape) – 85</b><p>Speaking of domination, this game isn’t even worth writing about. 23 points from Ricky Williams, followed by 22 from Steve McNair, and 15 from their kicker was the kicker as The Route 20A Cows (1-0) dismantled The Mean Sharks (0-1). The Sharks’ leading scorer was Daunte Culpepper with 15.<p><b>WEEK 2 Game of the week:</b> Hart Attack vs. The Route 20A Cows – These two powerhouses duke it out for sole possession of first place in the East.<p><b>Worst game of the year:</b> The Mean Sharks vs. Yonkers Platypi Trappers. It’s all Bills vs. all stiffs in what should be a yawner for everyone.

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Everyone laughed at me when I took Brady. I couldn't start him. Plus I love Jim Miller.

Nice job LOG. You write better than you draft. But that ain't saying much.

lordofgun
09-10-2002, 03:05 PM
:lol:

I usually draft better. That draft outright sucked. Just for that comment, I willl be forced to destroy you...even with my sorry team.

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

I usually draft better. That draft outright sucked. Just for that comment, I willl be forced to destroy you...even with my sorry team.
If I'm Al Davis, you're Kay Stephenson. I went to a game in one of the dark eras of BB football when Oakland (maybe LA?) came into town. We got to the game early, and saw Al Davis right in the center of the field, in a tee shirt, arms crossed, like he owned the place. Our man Kay tried to go out to the middle of the field show him up, and Al looked at him like Clint Eastwood. Kay crumbled like a cookie, and so will you.

lordofgun
09-10-2002, 03:18 PM
If I'm Kay Stevenson, you're Rich Kotite! Before the game is over you'll be crying like a baby just like Kotite did in his last game. I'll put you out of your misery just like the Bills did to that miserable wretch of a coach.

lordofgun
09-10-2002, 03:19 PM
BTW, I disapproved of your last post. Only once though.

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2002, 03:21 PM

LtBillsFan66
09-10-2002, 05:21 PM
lmao

The team that picked nearly all Bills players almost shocked the world.

clumping platelets
09-10-2002, 05:53 PM
Priest Holmes :spank: clump

don137
09-10-2002, 07:49 PM
I would of gladly lost to the Yonkers Platypi Trappers. If I lose to a team that had all Bills players then the Bills did well offensively and I would gladly accept that.

Nice recap LOG!!

clumping platelets
09-10-2002, 11:52 PM

don137
09-11-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

I feel your pain Clump. I went against Holmes in two leagues. Luckily I had Travis Henry in one of the leagues so I won and got high points for the week. Cha-Ching!!

lordofgun
09-11-2002, 11:57 AM
I had Holmes in my other league!!! I love him.

casdhf
09-11-2002, 04:09 PM
who's on te mean sharks anyways?

standingbuffalo43
09-12-2002, 11:23 PM
BF1...

almost only counts in horseshoes & hand grenades...not the BZFFL#1!!!

as you can all see, I've assumed my rightful place atop the division...

get on the bandwagon now people!
...or get run over

Lake Eerie Monsters (1-0)