PDA

View Full Version : If Kalil fell to us at #10, we could ask a King's ransom

Skooby
04-24-2012, 06:58 AM
I think if Kalil fell to us, we could talk someone into a few firsts, a second & a 4th for him. I am not as sold on him as most & think that even though he is the most ready LT in the draft, he's not a sure starter.

Take the 3 early picks over the next few years instead of just one, odds will be better to find us more talent.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2012, 06:59 AM
or the Bills could draft him and be set at LT for the next ten years.

HAMMER
04-24-2012, 07:00 AM
It's really early to be hitting the pipe man, get real, a few firsts?

Skooby
04-24-2012, 07:05 AM
It's really early to be hitting the pipe man, get real, a few firsts?

It's all based on draft boards for the later teams, they might think he's the second coming & be willing to push hard to get him.

P.S. It's never to early to hit the pipe (or lay it).

Extremebillsfan247
04-24-2012, 07:11 AM
I think if Kalil fell to us, we could talk someone into a few firsts, a second & a 4th for him. I am not as sold on him as most & think that even though he is the most ready LT in the draft, he's not a sure starter.

Take the 3 early picks over the next few years instead of just one, odds will be better to find us more talent.You don't pass on a prospect with that kind of talent at 10 for more draft picks. If Kalil is there, the Bills are taking him. I'd bet the house on it.

ddaryl
04-24-2012, 07:15 AM
don't you think another team behind us would pull that trigger, and try to move ahead of us.

and why would we do something so stupid as to pass on him

Skooby
04-24-2012, 07:19 AM
don't you think another team ahead of us would pull that trigger.

and why would we do something so stupid as to pass on him

They didn't get ahead of us by being that smart, it's also based on their needs.

Ginger Vitis
04-24-2012, 07:26 AM
even though he is the most ready LT in the draft, he's not a sure starter.

Skooby logic at its finest

SquishDaFish
04-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Come on skoobs.

Skooby
04-24-2012, 07:53 AM
. If Kalil is there, the Bills are taking him. I'd bet the house on it.

Don't take out a mortgage. What if was Indy that wanted Kalil ?? Would you take their next year's first / 2nd & this year's 2nd ?? How would you like a better than average shot at next year's first pick ?? Would that have some value that you couldn't pass on, besides our own ?

Like I said, I'm not sold on Kalil & if he falls there is a reason behind it. Other teams who didn't expect him to fall might of not did all their homework for him & would be willing to reach big time. Think about Buffalo not bringing in Luck because they didn't expect him to be available, it's really the same premise.

THRILLHO
04-24-2012, 08:01 AM
If he falls to ten how could we get what the Rams got for the second over all pick? For a non qb? How does that make any sense?

Also, forget all that: We need a tackle. He is the best available. He would also be the BPA at ten. He might be the BPA if he makes it to pick five. Nothing about your "scenario" makes any sense.

stuckincincy
04-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Don't take out a mortgage. What if was Indy that wanted Kalil ?? Would you take their next year's first & this year's 1st / 2nd ?? How would you like a better than average shot at next year's first pick ?? Would that have some value that you couldn't pass on, besides our own ?

Like I said, I'm not sold on Kalil & if he falls there is a reason behind it. Other teams who didn't expect him to fall might of not did all their homework for him & would be willing to reach big time. Think about Buffalo not bringing in Luck because they didn't expect him to be available, it's really the same premise.

So...then BUF would have the overall #1 pick this year. Pretty steep price to pay for fan darling Floyd, eh?

Skooby
04-24-2012, 08:07 AM
If he falls to ten how could we get what the Rams got for the second over all pick? For a non qb? How does that make any sense?

Also, forget all that: We need a tackle. He is the best available. He would also be the BPA at ten. He might be the BPA if he makes it to pick five. Nothing about your "scenario" makes any sense.

We need NFL starters & the more chances we have at getting starters, the more likely we will get one.

I'll use a buffettism here: If someone really wants to buy something, you sell it to them. If they really want to sell it, you buy it.

Skooby
04-24-2012, 08:09 AM
So...then BUF would have the overall #1 pick this year. Pretty steep price to pay for fan darling Floyd, eh?

Yeah I fixed that, so sorry about that.

ThunderGun
04-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Nobody wants to give up multiple early picks for an OT. Besides, if people did actually want him bad enough to trade up for him, they'd move up to 3.

Beebe's Kid
04-24-2012, 11:11 AM
There is always that king's ransom paid for somebody who's stock is plummeting on draft day...this is brilliant.

alnilla
04-24-2012, 01:58 PM
What about the 6 other teams ahead of us??? He's dropping for a reason and its not because he is sooooo gooooood. Only people we could ask for a randsom is Luck or RGIII. Last time i check we are drafting number 10 not 1 or 2.

Forward_Lateral
04-24-2012, 03:08 PM
If Kalil fell to the Bills at 10, and they traded that pick, or didn't select him, I would officially quit watching NFL football. That would never, EVER happen, unless Andrew Luck and/or RGIII fell to 10 as well.

Take your mouth off of the pipe.