Mock and interesting thoughts on the draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

Mock and interesting thoughts on the draft...

Good read

Team Needs Merk Mock
    1 Indianapolis 43: IOL, CB, WR, QB QB: Andrew Luck
    2 Washington 34: QB, WR, IOL, ILB QB: Robert Griffin III
    3 Minnesota 43: LT, CB, WR, S OT: Matt Kalil
    4 Cleveland 43 QB, WR, RT, DE, CB RB: Trent Richardson
    5 Tampa Bay 43: CB, OLB, RT, WR, RB CB: Morris Claiborn
    6 St. Louis 43: OT, WR, OLB, FS WR: Justin Blackmon
    7 Jacksonville 43: WR, CB, DE, QB. FS CB: Stephon Gilmore
    8 Miami 43: RT, QB, OLB, DT QB: Ryan Tannehill
    9 Carolina 43: DT, CB, IOL S, WR DT: Fletcher Cox
    10 Buffalo 43: WR, OT, DE, OLB, CB S: Mark Barron
    11 Kansas City 34: IOL, QB, NT, CB, OT OG: David DeCastro
    12 Seattle 43: DE, IOL, DT, CB LB: Melvin Ingram
    13 Arizona 43, OT, WR, ILB, OLB WR: Michael Floyd
    14 Dallas 34: S, OLB, WR OT: Cordy Glenn
    15 Philadelphia 43: OT, ILB, OLB, S, CB LB: Luke Kuechly.......

-So I think it will be Mark “The Robber” Barron at 10. I think he’ll be the BPA when we go on the clock I really go back and forth between him and Floyd but I just keep coming back to the opinion that I think Nix and Gailey think they can steal a WR later in this draft. Barron is a complete S and IMO the smartest one to come from college since Ed Reed. Byrd is a FA and Wilson is 31 so you could argue need but that is still going to be a tough argument for a lot of Bills fans to swallow. One thing to consider is its pretty apparent the Bills are taking a page from the Giants in how to handle the Patriots and build a defense overall. The first most noticeable thing is the pass rush and the Bills took care of that in FA’cy the next thing that doesn’t get talked about as much is the fact that they have arguably the best S tandem in the league. Two players that can match up with both TE’s and WR’s and are ball hawks that also support the run well. Put Barron with Byrd and the Bills will in theory have a heck of a tandem.

-With Barron as my prediction, I will say if I was in charge Floyd would be my pick. I think he is worth the 10th pick and I think he fits exactly what Nix said they wanted in another starting WR. He ran a similar route tree in college that he would be asked to run here and was asked in college, specifically the last two years, what he would be asked to do here. That would make him very productive early in his career. I think he with Stevie and Nelson would make for a very good 3 WR set and give the Bills a lot of options with 4 WR sets with the other WR we have on the roster.

-That’s said the reason, the logic I use on the Bills passing on him is If there is one spot that is deep I think its WR and its why I think the Bills will wait on it because I think that they think they have an eye for that position and can steal some player in the middle rounds. Which can you blame them? The Bills two best WR’s are from the 7th round and an UDFA

-Barron vs Kuechly. Kuechly is another name that has been getting play to Buffalo’s spot. I think what it comes down to is that 1, I think the Bills value the S position more than they do the LB position(they are not alone on this either in the league) ....

Lot of good thoughts there and I agree with a lot of it.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Mock and interesting thoughts on the draft...

The Floyd Mafia here will hunt you down...
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

I think he forgot to remove something when he thought about drafting Floyd.

I think he with Stevie and Nelson would make for a very good 3 WR set and give the Bills a lot of options with 4 WR sets with the other WR we have on the roster.
      end of paragraph 2

Comment

• Raptor
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
        I think he forgot to remove something when he thought about drafting Floyd.

end of paragraph 2

I don't follow? In the 2nd paragraph he states that he would take Floyd and why you quoted was one of his reasons

Comment

• CleveSteve
          • Apr 2011

Also has the Browns drafting a RB in the first AND third rounds...

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

While I understand wanting to keep the depth of a position in the draft in mind....I don't think that should influence their decision on Floyd. Whether or not to draft Floyd should be based primarily on his merits. If he's better than everyone else on the board, why take a lesser prospect in the hopes that you'll still get a good WR later on?
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Raptor
              I don't follow? In the 2nd paragraph he states that he would take Floyd and why you quoted was one of his reasons
              Oops, my bad. Missed that part. I was expecting the whole thing to be about why to draft Barron. I skimmed it.

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

We have a Floyd clone on the roster, he just needs to stay on the field.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                  While I understand wanting to keep the depth of a position in the draft in mind....I don't think that should influence their decision on Floyd. Whether or not to draft Floyd should be based primarily on his merits. If he's better than everyone else on the board, why take a lesser prospect in the hopes that you'll still get a good WR later on?
                  Exactly. No team knows how a draft will play out. Players you expect to be there later won't be, and players will fall unexpectedly, creating bargains you didn't plan on but just can't pass up. No team can plan a whole draft in advance or assume what they'll do in later rounds.

I think one reasons so many fans think in terms of position only is that they simply don't know enough about all the potential players to evaluate them as individuals. I include myself in that too, but a team with a full-time scouting staff is fully capable of ranking hundreds of players on their own merits.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Raptor
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    We have a Floyd clone on the roster, he just needs to stay on the field.

Who? Easley?

btw if you want to follow the author on twitter he's @merk256 and the website on twitter is @NFLWaroom

Both are good for info

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

Who? Easley?

btw if you want to follow the author on twitter he's @merk256 and the website on twitter is @NFLWaroom

Both are good for info
                      Yes, similar size, Easley is faster. Sometimes you have to trust your past picks will develop. By all accounts Easley was doing just that with a very solid camp last year.

I like Glenn, Barron, or Kuechly at 10. Though I will admit that my "likes" are based solely on what I have read and heard over the last two months. i don't watch enough college ball to know.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

I dont see how Byrd being a FA next year has any impact on us getting Barron. Byrd will stay i can almost guarentee that
                        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by HAMMER
                          Yes, similar size, Easley is faster. Sometimes you have to trust your past picks will develop. By all accounts Easley was doing just that with a very solid camp last year.
                          Easley has been here two years and has yet to step foot on the field in a regular season game counting on him for anything at this point is a mistake

I like Glenn, Barron, or Kuechly at 10. Though I will admit that my "likes" are based solely on what I have read and heard over the last two months. i don't watch enough college ball to know.
                          I like Barron of those 3

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

Doesn't seem like they're interested in LB until later in the draft. No visit with Wagner or L.David, no Sean Spence, did have Carder in. We need a LB, but outside of taking Kuechly with the 10th pick, they probably won't entertain the idea of taking one until day 3.

Based on that, you're looking at DB, OT, WR with the first three picks, my best guess anyway.
                            Last edited by kingJofNYC; 04-24-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Easley has been here two years and has yet to step foot on the field in a regular season game counting on him for anything at this point is a mistake
                              1st year was a broken collarbone or something. He's fully recovered from that.
                              2nd year was a blood disorder. It's not an injury we should worry about.

I think he'll step up and be our #2 this year.

Here are my preferences:

1. Barron
                              2. Kuechly
                              3. Floyd/Blackmon
                              4. Trade down (if possible)
                              5. Gilmore/Kirkpatrick

I'd be pissed if we took Reiff at 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X