PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Draft Talk

imbondz
04-24-2012, 12:04 PM
is torture. Post draft talk = fun.

:anvil:

ServoBillieves
04-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Post is fun? Whoever we draft there will be 30 "THE BILLS SELECTED..." threads in 3 seconds, followed by "WHY DIDN'T WE TAKE _______?!"

After the s***-storm clears up, it'll be enjoyable.

OpIv37
04-24-2012, 12:29 PM

Agreed. The draft is so boring, especially this year when the top two picks are already known.

It will literally be 45 minutes into the draft broadcast before anything interesting happens.

Ed
04-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Agreed. The draft is so boring, especially this year when the top two picks are already known.

It will literally be 45 minutes into the draft broadcast before anything interesting happens.
And of course you know the Colts and Redskins will use all 15 of their minutes to make the selection just to be attention whores.

OpIv37
04-24-2012, 12:37 PM
And of course you know the Colts and Redskins will use all 15 of their minutes to make the selection just to be attention whores.

So will the Vikings even though they already know that Luck and RGIII will be off the board and they'll have their pick out of everyone else.

The first 3 picks should take 10 minutes tops, but it'll drag on for 45. Which means it will be that much longer before we find out who the Bills pick.

Ed
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
So will the Vikings even though they already know that Luck and RGIII will be off the board and they'll have their pick out of everyone else.

The first 3 picks should take 10 minutes tops, but it'll drag on for 45. Which means it will be that much longer before we find out who the Bills pick.
I could see the Vikings using all their time if they're trying to work out some last minute trade offers.

stuckincincy
04-24-2012, 12:45 PM

No surprise there - the NFL has been a whorehouse for years and years.

Night Train
04-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Post is fun? Whoever we draft there will be 30 "THE BILLS SELECTED..." threads in 3 seconds, followed by "WHY DIDN'T WE TAKE _______?!"

After the s***-storm clears up, it'll be enjoyable.

Several will have WE BLEW IT typed and ready to post, while we're on the clock. :rolleyes: That's what happens when you become polarized with certain players and refused to be open minded. :trance:

There is no science involved. It's a calculated roll of the dice and various positions with depth concerns will be addressed.

I'll enjoy reading my draft guides after we select our choices. Exciting times.

Go Bills !

CleveSteve
04-24-2012, 12:58 PM

I would guess the NFL has something to do with drawing it out... selling commercials and whatnot.

Jeff1220
04-24-2012, 01:16 PM
I could see the Vikings using all their time if they're trying to work out some last minute trade offers.

I could see the Vikings taking too much time trying to work a trade, not getting their card in to the podium in time, and Cleveland taking their pick. Sound familiar?

ThunderGun
04-24-2012, 02:05 PM
I would guess the NFL has something to do with drawing it out... selling commercials and whatnot.

This.

The longer we watch, the more money ESPN, NFL Network and the NFL make off of advertising revenue.

Cali512
04-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I like Nix, he takes seconds to decide who he wants.

Joe Fo Sho
04-24-2012, 02:35 PM

They should use every minute given to them. Who knows if there is any last minute trade offers coming in. Not that the Colts and Redskins will receive any legitimate offers, but it's their job to do what's best for the team. They waited 6 months, they can wait 15 more minutes..

Captain gameboy
04-24-2012, 03:02 PM
And here, as always, we will be reading posts that will assert that surely hell has just risen to the earth's surface, only to collide with a freshly fallen sky with the cataclysmic point of intersection at the 50 yard line of RWS.
Ground zero of the end times.

Buddy will not have his GM, boiler plate "We got the guy we wanted," quote complete before "Reach," "Bad value," They don't know what they're doing," "What are they thinking," posts drown him out.

Then, after a time, things will calm down for a year or so when the true hindsighters will post the "This should have been our draft," post.

Same stuff. Different year.

OpIv37
04-24-2012, 03:08 PM
And here, as always, we will be reading posts that will assert that surely hell has just risen to the earth's surface, only to collide a fallen sky with the point of intersection at the 50 yard line of RWS.
Ground zero of the end times.

Buddy will not have his GM, boiler plate "We got the guy we wanted," quote complete before "Reach," "Bad value," They don't know what they're doing," "What are they thinking," posts drown him out.

Then, after a time, things will calm down for a year or so when the true hindsighters will post the "This should have been our draft," post.

Same stuff. Different year.

So wait a minute- people are overreacting for calling out the draft when it happens, but then they are hindsighters for pointing out that the draft actually turned out to be bad later? What?

The problem for the last decade has been that at least 8 of our last 10 drafts would have been better if we let the posters on this board pick them rather than relying on the "experts" in the Bills' FO.

Funny how you rarely if ever hear Giants, Colts, Steelers, or Patriots fans saying "this should have been our draft...."

OpIv37
04-24-2012, 03:10 PM
They should use every minute given to them. Who knows if there is any last minute trade offers coming in. Not that the Colts and Redskins will receive any legitimate offers, but it's their job to do what's best for the team. They waited 6 months, they can wait 15 more minutes..

I look at it this way: they had 6 months to prepare, why do they need an extra 15 minutes?

This is especially true in the case of the Vikings. EVERYONE knows who is going 1 and 2 and who will still be there on the board at 3. If teams really want someone that bad, then they have had 4 months to make the Vikings their best offer.

Case and point: the Skins wanted RGIII, they made the trade 6 weeks ago. They didn't wait until the Luck pick was in.

The Jokeman
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Or maybe they just wait for their time expire and let teams pick ahead of them like they did a few years ago to acquire Kevin Williams.

SABURZFAN
04-24-2012, 06:09 PM

until then, just sit back and enjoy the mock drafts by the resident booger eaters in this place. :movie:

YardRat
04-24-2012, 07:28 PM
I love this ****.

Pre-, during, and post-.

X-Era
04-24-2012, 07:30 PM
And of course you know the Colts and Redskins will use all 15 of their minutes to make the selection just to be attention whores.It's 10 minutes per pick so I'm not worried about that.