PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Buffalo Bills will pull a suprise at #10

Slim
04-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Draft Buzz - I just received a text from a trusted media source who's in New York City for the draft, and the buzz is the Buffalo Bills will pull the first surprise of the draft with their pick at No. 10, if the player they are targeting is still on the board when it's their time to pick in the first round. -Al Fronczak (3:17 p.m. ET)

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2012_NFL_Draft_News.html

Slim
04-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm Not too familiar with Fronczak or his credibility. I think he was the one who "broke" the Bryant Johnson signing a few years ago, however I could be wrong.

It's a good discussion piece though. Who would be a surprise(to people outside of Buffalo) at #10?

I'd say Tanehill, Glenn, or Ingram.

ddaryl
04-24-2012, 03:28 PM
A surprise at #10 but only if that pick is still on the board ?

If that pick is not still on the board at #10 then someone else pulled the surprise .

the 1st rd is going to be interesting this year

Hill, Barron, Glenn would all be higher then anyone would of expected

baalworship
04-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I already said the Bills are looking at 4 players.

Cordy Glenn, Michael Floyd, Stephon Gilmore, and Ryan Tannehill.

The only two surprises to those not following the Bills would be Cordy Glenn or Ryan Tannehill. Both have visited Buffalo.

Slim
04-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Needless to say I will be making another visit to Al's site to see if he updates his mock between now and 8pm Thursday.

Buffalogic
A surprise at #10 but only if that pick is still on the board ?

If that pick is not still on the board at #10 then someone else pulled the surprise .

the 1st rd is going to be interesting this year

Hill, Barron, Glenn would all be higher then anyone would of expectedThis is one of the hardest draft orders to pin down in recent memory. Even the top ten is a complete tossup at this point.

wmoz11
The only surprise of players that could possibly be gone before #10 would be Tannehill.

Slim
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
The Bill's going DT would be a surprise as well. A player like Brockers has generated some rumor buzz today.

stuckincincy
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
I already said the Bills are looking at 4 players.

Cordy Glenn, Michael Floyd, Stephon Gilmore, and Ryan Tannehill.

The only two surprises to those not following the Bills would be Cordy Glenn or Ryan Tannehill. Both have visited Buffalo.

Well, as SNL's Church Lady said - Wouldn't THAT be special?

better days
04-24-2012, 03:33 PM
The only surprise of players that could possibly be gone before #10 would be Tannehill.

Well, except the Fins could take him at #8. That is all they are talking about on Fins radio stations down here.

stuckincincy
04-24-2012, 03:35 PM
This is one of the hardest draft orders to pin down in recent memory. Even the top ten is a complete tossup at this point.

Welcome to the widespread world of collegiate embrace of spread offense football...

wmoz11
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Well, except the Fins could take him at #8. That is all they are talking about on Fins radio stations down here.

Huh? That's what I said. Surprises are generally guys that teams fall in love with and reach for. This report sounds like it's a guy that could easily go in the top-10. Like Tanehill to the Dolphins or anyone else. Not sure what you're refuting.

baalworship
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM

I am starting to think the Dolphins will not take him. Parcells passed on Matt Ryan. Why would Ireland, his buddy, like Tannehill if he hated Matt Ryan? Parcells uses a formula for evaluating quarterbacks that would make Tannehill undraftable.

Buddy Nix doesn't like one year wonders but would have drafted Cam. If the Dolphins pass on Tannehill all bets are off on who the Bills would draft.

Parcells quarterback draft formula:

If an NFL prospect scores at least a 26 on the Wonderlic test, starts at least 27 games in his college career and completes at least 60 percent of his passes, there's a good chance he will succeed at the NFL level.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/john_lopez/07/08/qb.rule/index.html

FlyingDutchman
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
For the love of god can we please stop trusting anything we hear from now until our pick on Thursday night?????? Nobody knows ANYTHING

better days
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
For the love of god can we please stop trusting anything we hear from now until our pick on Thursday night?????? Nobody knows ANYTHING

Well, I do know the Bills think Reiff is a RT NOT a LT, Nix said so.

justasportsfan
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM

If only we could keep tabs of who said what so we'd revisit all the "sources" when draft is over.

psubills62
04-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, hard to believe East Coast Sports News.

At the same time...if the Bills were going to pull a surprise, two guys I would like to see on our team are DeCastro and Kendall Wright. JMO.

Slim
04-24-2012, 03:49 PM

Who said we trusted them?

stuckincincy
04-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Parcells..

" I've made a career out of hiring on with teams with decent talent in place before I got there. I left before it hit the fan. I also retired three times, and got a lucrative gig as an NFL talking head on television. Call me if you have some $ for me."

psubills62
If only we could keep tabs of who said what so we'd revisit all the "sources" when draft is over.
Next year a thread should be started and pinned, and if people want to discuss various predictions from it, they can fork a thread.

ThunderGun
If we are to believe this rumor (huge IF), then that means we are targeting a guy who:

A) Could very well be gone before the #10 pick (hence, the "if he is still there" comment), but
B) Isn't a guy that people would expect us to be interested in.

Tannehill? Richardson? Maybe Cox?

IDK, there is no point in even listening to any rumors like this that come out this week. No way of knowing what is legit and what is just smokescreen.

It needs to be Thursday. I can't keep up the illusion of working for another 2 days.

mayotm
I'll get very nervous if Richardson is somehow sitting there at 10. He would be the BPA at 10, but the Bills obviously do not need another RB. I really hope the Browns or Bucs grab him early.

ublinkwescore
04-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Dear god, please tell me that we havent reverted back to our old ways of screwing our drafts up. I don't want to be surprised unless its steven hill. After a big trade down..

stuckincincy
04-24-2012, 04:04 PM
I'll get very nervous if Richardson is somehow sitting there at 10. He would be the BPA at 10, but the Bills obviously do not need another RB. I really hope the Browns or Bucs grab him early.

If somehow Richardson was there, they would grab him and peddle off Spiller for a 4th or something. Spiller has a contract that precedes the new rookie scale AFAIK.

Spiller's a decent player, but when you try to get your #1 pick rb some playing time as a wide out, something smells.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I can recall only once when they DIDN'T pull a surprise, and that was last year when they had a top-3 pick. If they're lower than top-5, they generally don't make common-sense moves.

stuckincincy
04-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, hard to believe East Coast Sports News.

Heh - you go back a few years, eh?

Ed
04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
If this is true my guess would be Glenn. I think the Dolphins not drafting Tannehill would be the bigger surprise in the top 10.

Maybe it could be someone with freakish athleticism like Hill or Zach Brown.

acehole
04-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Next year a thread should be started and pinned, and if people want to discuss various predictions from it, they can fork a thread.

I am for that...I might :buddies: get credit...

Cali512
04-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Is it possible that we can gather up whoevers rumors were right and lock the thread somewhere on here? That way next year and offseason we know who has been correct?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2012, 04:30 PM
my guess is brockers. he has tons of pass rush potential and great production vs the run

Michael82
04-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Tannehill is the one player that I really dont want at 10. I hope the Dolphins take him because I think he's going to be a bust.

SABURZFAN
04-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Tannehill is the one player that I really dont want at 10. I hope the Dolphins take him because I think he's going to be a bust.

i think the Fish go with Coples.

Michael82
04-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Dear god, please tell me that we havent reverted back to our old ways of screwing our drafts up. I don't want to be surprised unless its steven hill. After a big trade down..

I wouldn't mind Hill at all. I would prefer to see them trade down and then get him or maybe even trade up with the 2nd round pick to get him. But either way, look at his measurables and his athleticism. I think he's going to be a beast!

jdbillsfan
04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
If we are to believe this rumor (huge IF), then that means we are targeting a guy who:

A) Could very well be gone before the #10 pick (hence, the "if he is still there" comment), but
B) Isn't a guy that people would expect us to be interested in.

Tannehill? Richardson? Maybe Cox?

IDK, there is no point in even listening to any rumors like this that come out this week. No way of knowing what is legit and what is just smokescreen.

It needs to be Thursday. I can't keep up the illusion of working for another 2 days.

I think the if he is there comment is there just as a qualifier. If it is a surprise, I would guess more likely to be someone projected to go lower.

Potential targets?

Stephen Hill
Zach Brown
Bobby Massie

Obviously could be way off. Who knows.....

High end surprises could be someone like Coples or Barron. Not really positions of need, but BPA.

I think they want someone who can play this year, so probably not Tannehill.

Cali512
04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
I wouldn't mind Hill at all. I would prefer to see them trade down and then get him or maybe even trade up with the 2nd round pick to get him. But either way, look at his measurables and his athleticism. I think he's going to be a beast!

As much as i dont want him because i think production is the number one thing you should look for early on, I think hes a freak. He defintly could turn into that Randy Moss style WR with his speed and jumping ability. Hes either going to be a revolutionizing WR whos top in the NFL..or hell become just another late 1st round WR who didnt make it.

YardRat
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I think Tannehill could be the 'dropper' this year, all the way down to Cleveland's second pick.

Tannehill would not only surprise me, but piss me off royally.

I've mentioned before, don't be shocked if they take Richardson if he's sitting there, but he may not be a Bill for long.

Michael82
04-24-2012, 04:41 PM

He makes me nervous being there because I believe the Bills would jump on him immediately and then hopefully they would trade either Freddie or Spiller right after making the pick....

kingJofNYC
04-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Shea McClellin

Listen to the Bills scout. (http://wgr550.com/pages/12022322.php?pid=235227) He's the only guy who would really be a surprise, to me anyway. From a 2nd round guy all the way up to 10.

Tannehill, Brockers, Glenn, et al are known commodities, they're expected to go in the first but McClellin going in the first and going really high would shock everyone, just like Alualu.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Shea McClellin

Listen to the Bills scout. (http://wgr550.com/pages/12022322.php?pid=235227) He's the only guy who would really be a surprise, to me anyway. From a 2nd round guy all the way up to 10.

Tannehill, Brockers, Glenn, et al are known commodities, they're expected to go in the first but McClellin going in the first and going really high would shock everyone, just like Alualu.

jesus christ... ugh...

Cali512
04-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Shea McClellin

He has Patriots written all over him. I think we could possibly look to trade down, get Glenn, then trade up and get Hill. I think thats the surprise

PromoTheRobot
04-24-2012, 05:16 PM
I just got a blockbuster tip that the Bills will draft someone they like. Surprise!

PTR

kingJofNYC
04-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Anything is possible, can't wait until it's over with.

baalworship
04-24-2012, 05:22 PM
I just got a blockbuster tip that the Bills will draft someone they like. Surprise!

PTR

I heard they will take someone that is a top ten player on their board!

:yle:

JCBills
04-24-2012, 05:23 PM
I think Tannehill could be the 'dropper' this year, all the way down to Cleveland's second pick.

Tannehill would not only surprise me, but piss me off royally.

I've mentioned before, don't be shocked if they take Richardson if he's sitting there, but he may not be a Bill for long.

That wouldn't be a drop, it would be more like him going around where he was projected before the media decided to make him a top 10 pick.

Ginger Vitis
04-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Joe Buscaglia of WGR is reporting the Bills have narrowed there choices to Mark Barron and Stephan Gilmore

JCBills
04-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Anything is possible, can't wait until it's over with.

Seriously. I hate day one. Its so drawn out, and I hate giving up the night.

Get me to day 2, where the meat is at. Much more exciting to me, same with day 3.

Turf
04-24-2012, 05:25 PM
The last thing we need to compete this year is a rookie QB at #10. Makes no sense. To many glaring holes elsewhere.

jdbillsfan
04-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Shea McClellin

That is interesting. Mayock has McClellin as his #1 OLB and ranked #14 overall.

Cali512
04-24-2012, 05:30 PM
That is interesting. Mayock has McClellin as his #1 OLB and ranked #14 overall.

But hes a DE tho right? A OLB in 3-4, 4-3 DE. Unless ive been wrong this whole time?

baalworship
04-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Barron scares the crap out of me. A strong safety at 10th overall better be close to Polamalu.

jdbillsfan
04-24-2012, 05:31 PM
"We love him and he loves us" - Matt Hand on Shea McClellin

Ginger Vitis
04-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Joe Buscaglia is also reporting there is interest in Luke Keuchly.. Keuchly would be the 3rd option if Barron and Gilmore are off the board by the 10th pick

kingJofNYC
04-24-2012, 05:43 PM
McClellin would be used like Von Miller, SAM backer on early downs, 2pt/3pt edge rusher on passing downs.

Doubt it's the pick, but that would be the only shock to me. At this point we can't say Barron would be a shock, because many are linking the Bills to him.

Nix did make an interesting comment on Friday with Shredd and Ragan. They asked about Barron, Nix said we have plenty of depth at safety and wished we had that kind of depth at other positions. Feels Searcy will be a good player, Byrd is a good player, and Wilson is good for our team and a good leader. But his last comment on the topic was depth doesn't matter because if he's the BPA then he's the BPA.

baalworship
04-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Joe Buscaglia is also reporting there is interest in Luke Keuchly.. Keuchly would be the 3rd option if Barron and Gilmore are off the board by the 10th pick

But he also said that Kuechly would only get selected if Gilmore and Barron were both gone. Which is very unlikely.

So

Gilmore
Barron
Kuechly

Ugh. 2 of the 3 are the only 2 players I didn't want at 10. I don't want Barron or Kuechly. For the record I was against Aaron Maybin as the only player I didn't want and the Bills drafted him that year. Being a Bills fan can be painful.

YardRat
04-24-2012, 05:44 PM
That wouldn't be a drop, it would be more like him going around where he was projected before the media decided to make him a top 10 pick.

If Miami doesn't take him and teams continue to pass on him through the teens, just watch and see what the conversation is about.

Skooby
04-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Cousins?? That'd be a suprise, to the whole world. It has to be someone that hasn't showed up in anyone's early mocks, if this is true.

Patti120
04-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Mike Lombardi on Path to the Draft just said that he has it from a good source that if Tannehill is there at 10 we will probably be the pick. RUH ROH!!

Luisito23
04-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Mike Lombardi on Path to the Draft just said that he has it from a good source that if Tannehill is there at 10 we will probably be the pick. RUH ROH!!

If that's the case, then come on Dolphins and please be your idiotic selves, and take him before us...:negrep:

alohabillsfan
04-24-2012, 07:18 PM
God I hope its a punter!

Prov401
04-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I really don't see Tannehill being the pick. The whole team and upper management are fully behind Fitz. I'm not saying Fitz is the long term franchise QB this team is looking for, but judging by our off-season, and our re-signings, we are in a win-now mode. Picking a QB who will certainly ride the bench for at least a year, won't help us win now. I just can't see him being the pick. However, crazier things have happened.

Judging by Nix's past, CB and WR are the positions to watch. I'm betting Kirkpatrick or Gilmore.

TigerJ
04-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I saw an equivalent thread on the official Bills board. In reaction, I posted the names of 22 different prospects that I remember seeing predicted as the Bills first round pick. If "surprise" is defined as someone that nobody predicted, I don't think a surprise is possible.

EDS
04-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Donta Hightower at 10, you heard it here first. : )

TigerJ
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Who else can we predict at #10 so it won't be a surprise? Coby Fleener? Nix's suggestion Buffalo probably won't pick a TE in the entire draft is a smoke screen.

dannyek71
04-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Wow. I would be SHOCKED if the Bills reached for once. That has worked out so well in the past.

Mahdi
04-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I was going to say the same thing.

Bills want to be strong up the middle and Hightower is a perfect fit at MLB.

I think the Bills are deciding or decided between 3 players. Barron, Hightower or Floyd.

Kendall Wright as a real surprise possibly as well. I don't think CB is a consideration because there is depth at that position in the 2nd round.

I really like Trumaine Johnson in the second round. Would be our Tight End kryptonite.

Bulldog
04-25-2012, 09:31 AM

I would hate that. I hope you're wrong.

TedMock
04-25-2012, 09:34 AM
I saw an equivalent thread on the official Bills board. In reaction, I posted the names of 22 different prospects that I remember seeing predicted as the Bills first round pick. If "surprise" is defined as someone that nobody predicted, I don't think a surprise is possible.

I don't see any "surprises" either. There are at least 8-10 non-offensive lineman that you can make an argument for. None would shock us.

JCBills
04-25-2012, 09:34 AM
If Miami doesn't take him and teams continue to pass on him through the teens, just watch and see what the conversation is about.

Yeah, the conversation by the media, who propped him up there to begin with, so they have things like this to talk about.

JCBills
04-25-2012, 09:36 AM

I think the Bills are deciding or decided between 3 players. Barron, Hightower or Floyd.

Kendall Wright as a real surprise possibly as well. I don't think CB is a consideration because there is depth at that position in the 2nd round.

I really like Trumaine Johnson in the second round. Would be our Tight End kryptonite.

Any reason as to why you think they have narrowed their sights to 3? Especially a year after taking the MLB they loved at the Senior Bowl.

Linebackers aren't that important in Wanny's scheme. Nix doesn't usually take LBs early. Doesn't add up.

FlyingDutchman
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM

Hightower is more of a 3-4 linebacker, and isn't really meant for any type of coverage....

Jan Reimers
04-25-2012, 10:40 AM
I hate surprises. I've been surprised by Maybin, McKelvin, Flowers, Whitner and a bunch of others, going back 50+ years.

Could we just take the BPA at 10 and not some guy we could just as easily get in the 2nd round?

The Jokeman
04-25-2012, 11:17 AM
I hate surprises. I've been surprised by Maybin, McKelvin, Flowers, Whitner and a bunch of others, going back 50+ years.

Could we just take the BPA at 10 and not some guy we could just as easily get in the 2nd round?
That's part of the problem with this draft. There is non consensus of who the BPA at pick 10 is. As after the first six guys, Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Richardson, Clairborne and Blackmon there's a bunch of other guys who can be debated where they fall.

Mahdi
04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Any reason as to why you think they have narrowed their sights to 3? Especially a year after taking the MLB they loved at the Senior Bowl.

Linebackers aren't that important in Wanny's scheme. Nix doesn't usually take LBs early. Doesn't add up.
I'm just adding up what I think Nix likes. Size, speed, production over 2, preferably 3 years in college. Add into that what we need and I think those 3 make the most sense.

Barron - 6'1 213, long arms, big hands, very athletic and instinctive, big time leadership and work ethic. Brings attitude to the defense.

Hightower - 6'4 265, also long arms, can run well for a big man, good blitzer, can cover although its not his best asset, brings power and aggression to the defense which we need badly.

Floyd - 6'3 220, 33" arms and big hands, goes over the middle, great run after catch, huge red zone threat which we don't have. Big receiving radius for Fitz.

I throw in Kendall Wright because he is a big time playmaker and I think he upgrades our offense in a big way with his explosiveness and ability to play in the slot and on the outside. HUGE production in college over 3 seasons.

Mahdi
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Hightower is more of a 3-4 linebacker, and isn't really meant for any type of coverage....
Dareus was in the same defense. What he ran in college makes no difference.

Patrick Willis was in a 3-4 at Ole Miss too and I'm pretty sure he would shine in any defense in the NFL.

Hightower has elite instincts and brings unusual size and speed as well.

JCBills
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
I'm just adding up what I think Nix likes. Size, speed, production over 2, preferably 3 years in college. Add into that what we need and I think those 3 make the most sense.

Barron - 6'1 213, long arms, big hands, very athletic and instinctive, big time leadership and work ethic. Brings attitude to the defense.

Hightower - 6'4 265, also long arms, can run well for a big man, good blitzer, can cover although its not his best asset, brings power and aggression to the defense which we need badly.

Floyd - 6'3 220, 33" arms and big hands, goes over the middle, great run after catch, huge red zone threat which we don't have. Big receiving radius for Fitz.

I throw in Kendall Wright because he is a big time playmaker and I think he upgrades our offense in a big way with his explosiveness and ability to play in the slot and on the outside. HUGE production in college over 3 seasons.

The other two I get, but Hightower?

Can't cover, big time pile-jumper. They have their MLB in Sheppard. Not worth the #10 pick either.

Especially if you're trying to go with what Nix likes, LB in the 1st makes zero sense. He likes them in the mid rounds, earliest I can see them taking one is 2nd round.

Lexwhat
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I think all these rumors are nonsense. No one knows who's gonna pick who.

If the Bills indeed were to surprise, I think Fletcher Cox is a candidate. The Bills may want to improve their pass rushing even more, and Cox can certainly do that. One injury to one of the "Big 3" (Mario Williams / Kyle Williams / Marcel Dareus) and we're almost no better than we were last year. Other needs (LB, CB, LT, WR) can certainly be addressed with the other 9 picks we have.

And as I said in another thread, Quinton Coples may also be targeted if the Bills think highly of his skills.

JCBills
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I think all these rumors are nonsense. No one knows who's gonna pick who.

If the Bills indeed were to surprise, I think Fletcher Cox is a candidate. The Bills may want to improve their pass rushing even more, and Cox can certainly do that. One injury to one of the "Big 3" (Mario Williams / Kyle Williams / Marcel Dareus) and we're almost no better than we were last year. Other needs (LB, CB, LT, WR) can certainly be addressed with the other 9 picks we have.

And as I said in another thread, Quinton Coples may also be targeted if the Bills think highly of his skills.

Let's hope not.

chernobylwraiths
04-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Surprise, the Bills trade this years top two picks and next year's number one for Luck!!!

Bulldog
04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Dareus was in the same defense. What he ran in college makes no difference.

Patrick Willis was in a 3-4 at Ole Miss too and I'm pretty sure he would shine in any defense in the NFL.

Hightower has elite instincts and brings unusual size and speed as well.

I've watched a bunch of film from Youtube on Hightower and I'm not all that impressed. While his instincts looks great, I don't know if he's got the speed to transition to the NFL. Add in that fact that he wrecked his knee (MCL, ACL, Torn Miniscus) in 2009, and I think I'd pass at 10. Also, he's only 6'2, not 6'4. Not a big deal in my book, just pointing that out.

jamze132
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM

What is it with you and guys with big hands. LOL

Bill Cody
04-25-2012, 12:32 PM
the buzz is the Buffalo Bills will pull the first surprise of the draft with their pick at No. 10

We won't draft a bust??

stuckincincy
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
We won't draft a bust??

Ralph's bronze HOF bust?

:cas:

The Jokeman
04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Ralph's bronze HOF bust?

:cas:
Well Gregg Williams' moobs are out of the question.

Jan Reimers
04-25-2012, 01:25 PM
That's part of the problem with this draft. There is non consensus of who the BPA at pick 10 is. As after the first six guys, Luck, Griffin, Kalil, Richardson, Clairborne and Blackmon there's a bunch of other guys who can be debated where they fall.
This draft looks pretty much like all of the others I have witnessed. There are always a handful of "can't miss" guys at the top, but when you get to 10 (or before), opinions amongst the professional talent evaluators begin to seriously diverge.

I just don't want our surprise to be a one hit wonder like Maybin or Flowers, or a workout warrior with little production, or a guy with a serious injury like McGahee.

stuckincincy
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
This draft looks pretty much like all of the others I have witnessed. There are always a handful of "can't miss" guys at the top, but when you get to 10 (or before), opinions amongst the professional talent evaluators begin to seriously diverge.

I just don't want our surprise to be a one hit wonder like Maybin or Flowers, or a workout warrior with little production, or a guy with a serious injury like McGahee.

Janoris Jenkins...would certainly spice up the night. :jig:

Extremebillsfan247
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
A trade down to 14. :biggrin:

stuckincincy
04-25-2012, 01:43 PM
A trade down to 14. :biggrin:

A trade up to 9. :biggrin:

Mahdi
04-25-2012, 01:48 PM
What is it with you and guys with big hands. LOL
Makes a big difference for football players. WR catches better (Hakeem Nicks), you grab easier and block easier and shove easier. Your hands are the contact point for many football movements so the bigger they are the more control you will have whether it's an opponent you're contacting or the ball.

jamze132
04-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Makes a big difference for football players. WR catches better (Hakeem Nicks), you grab easier and block easier and shove easier. Your hands are the contact point for many football movements so the bigger they are the more control you will have whether it's an opponent you're contacting or the ball.
LOL, I know I was just making a joke.

Slim
04-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Bills-Bucs Trade? - I reported yesterday that the Bucs and Vikings could complete a draft day trade which would enable the Bucs to move ahead of the Browns for Alabama HB Trent Richardson, and while that deal could still be completed, another potential deal is in the works.
If the Vikings take CB Morris Claiborne at No. 3, and the Browns select HB Trent Richardson at No. 4, the Bucs will want to move down and out of their pick at No. 5, since their top two targets will have already come off the board, which opens the door for an on the clock deal between the Bills and Bucs. The Bills would send the Bucs pick No. 10 in the first round, along with their second round pick No. 41 to move up for USC OT Matt Kalil, the player the Bills covet in the draft. The Bucs would move down to No.10, and still have a good shot at taking Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, a player the Bucs are targeting in the draft. An agreement between the two teams may have already been reached, with the trade being completed on the clock, if Matt Kalil slips to the Bucs pick at No. 5. -Al Fronczak (10:33 a.m. ET)

User Manuel
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Buffalo is going to pull a Vikings and pass until around 17...because (wait for it)

Ralph is cheap...... (sorry, i was in withdrawel)

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Given the way this draft is panning out before hand, I don't think theres any way I WON'T be surprised....

Buffalogic
04-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Blackmon is going to fall to us

DrGraves
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM
As long as the suprise isn't -- lets pick aaron maybin over brian orakpo!

TerrellOwensSharpie8
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Blackmon is going to fall to us

no way!!

Skooby
04-26-2012, 03:34 PM
They skip the first round entirely trying to secure a tradeback, suprise!!

TerrellOwensSharpie8
04-26-2012, 03:42 PM
They skip the first round entirely trying to secure a tradeback, suprise!!

what's the latest?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-26-2012, 03:54 PM
BROCKERS!!!!!!

Oaf
04-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Rumor: CONFIRMED

MDP on ignore