PDA

View Full Version : Mark Barron is drafted, Byrd to CB?

Cali512
04-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I know i know it sounds crazy. But with all the hype leading up with Barron, and us apparently "making a surprise" thursday, and the player apparently is good enough to possibly not be there. Now the only thing im wondering, for the people that do see this happening (im rollin with anything), then where does this leave us? Surely they wont bench Wilson whos one of our captains and leaders, along with being our NFL PA representative. I cant see Byrd leaving the safety position with his 9 rookie INTs, along with a more all around season last year. So where does this leave us?

Buffalogic
04-24-2012, 03:47 PM
How about they both play on the field together at the same time??

mikemac2001
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Bad idea

would rather use a 3 safety D at times with barron in the box as a LB and Byrd and Wilson at the back end.

i dont mind drafting barron but that would leave us with

byrd wilson barron scott and searcy at safety

Cali512
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
How about they both play on the field together at the same time??

Wilson? What would happen to him? Id be pissed if we let him go. Itd be like replacing Jackson with Spiller, Wilson deserves to be here!

Cali512
04-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Bad idea

would rather use a 3 safety D at times with barron in the box as a LB and Byrd and Wilson at the back end.

i dont mind drafting barron but that would leave us with

byrd wilson barron scott and searcy at safety

Not really an idea, i was just confused how we would play with 3 safetys. If we play with 3 safetys then we really just need to keep A-Will and J-Rogers. Mcgee, and Florence would be irrelevant to us

mikemac2001
04-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Wilson? What would happen to him? Id be pissed if we let him go. Itd be like replacing Jackson with Spiller, Wilson deserves to be here!

3 Safety D similar to how we used scott last year.

Cali512
04-24-2012, 04:03 PM
3 Safety D similar to how we used scott last year.

Ya but im pretty sure wed wanna use scott like we did last year. Scott was PERFECT for what he was used for. Barron, Wilson, and Byrd for some reasons or another would not work like that.

Raptor
04-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Keep Byrd where he is Barron at SS and Wilson takes over Scotts role

Cali512
04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Keep Byrd where he is Barron at SS and Wilson takes over Scotts role

I dont care if hes played safety for the last 6 years. Something bothers me about having a former WR taking the OLB/S role.

Buffalogic
04-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Wilson's time is numbered. He's old. We need to replace him now while there is quality talent avaible. The pick has to be WR, CB, or SAF based on need and talent available at those positions.

YardRat
04-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Byrd would absolutely blow at cb.

Cali512
04-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Byrd would absolutely blow at cb.

He wasnt a safety till he came here, not defending the idea of him playing CB, im just saying

YardRat
04-24-2012, 05:08 PM
He wasnt a safety till he came here, not defending the idea of him playing CB, im just saying

He's never been anything but a safety at this level. If he could play corner against the big boys, that's where he'd be.

Cali512
04-24-2012, 05:14 PM
He's never been anything but a safety at this level. If he could play corner against the big boys, that's where he'd be.

He was still rated a 2nd round pick CB. I think he could if he wanted too, but i still like him at safety

baalworship
04-24-2012, 05:23 PM
I know i know it sounds crazy. But with all the hype leading up with Barron, and us apparently "making a surprise" thursday, and the player apparently is good enough to possibly not be there. Now the only thing im wondering, for the people that do see this happening (im rollin with anything), then where does this leave us? Surely they wont bench Wilson whos one of our captains and leaders, along with being our NFL PA representative. I cant see Byrd leaving the safety position with his 9 rookie INTs, along with a more all around season last year. So where does this leave us?

It's crazy.

more cowbell
04-24-2012, 05:40 PM
No

The Jokeman
04-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Nix mentions that he feels we're as deep at safety as any position on the field. So I'm not sure he feels we have the need as mention. I think the pick is coming down to Glenn, Floyd and Gilmore based on comments. When commenting specifially Gilmore he mentioned that there being 10 good guys on the board and that one is set to fall to us. He also mentioned Floyd being very good but seems to dicate that WR not as much of a need. He did mention a need for OT because we only have three on the roster with Baker coming off injury. He said that Glenn presents value and can play LT, RT and G. Based on that I think he grades more as a depth guy than a top 10 pick which narrows it down to Floyd and Gilmore and Nix has mentioned from the start of the offseason needing help at secondary and being we didn't look at anyone else besides Routt think Gilmore might be the guy.

http://www.wedg.com/goout.asp?u=/article.asp?id=2439720[/QUOTE]

ServoBillieves
04-24-2012, 06:01 PM
The entirety of this thread is hilarious. I'm just smirking reading here.

ZacGriffi~82
04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Byrd was arguably our best player on D last year. No way we move him.

Barron would be an odd pick as we also have Searcy behind Wilson. /shrug.

Luisito23
04-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Barron would be an odd pick.

Not odd, just stupid.

alohabillsfan
04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
What a moronic post!

Cali512
04-24-2012, 07:51 PM
What a moronic post!

Dude i never said anything about it being the right move. All im asking is what happens if we get Barron. Im not saying wow we needa get Barron and move Byrd to CB. No read the post, im asking what we would do with Wilson, Byrd, and Barron

Extremebillsfan247
04-25-2012, 12:11 AM
I know i know it sounds crazy. But with all the hype leading up with Barron, and us apparently "making a surprise" thursday, and the player apparently is good enough to possibly not be there. Now the only thing im wondering, for the people that do see this happening (im rollin with anything), then where does this leave us? Surely they wont bench Wilson whos one of our captains and leaders, along with being our NFL PA representative. I cant see Byrd leaving the safety position with his 9 rookie INTs, along with a more all around season last year. So where does this leave us? It's why some people have an issue with seeing the Bills take a Safety at 10. Barron is a really good prospect, but it isn't a position where the Bills are hurting right now. In my opinion it's still down to 3 prospects for the Bills at 10, Martin, Floyd, and Kirkpatrick. They need corners far more than they need safties. If the Bills get the sense that Gilmore could be there in the 2nd, it narrows that list for 10 down significantly where I see them either going receiver, or grabbing that LT.

Hairston is still young enough where switching him to RT wouldn't hurt his development as an eventual starter. Then again, the OT they draft could easily be moved to the right side while Hairston mans the left. Either way it potentially sets the Bills up on the edges for the next 6 to 10 years, or longer. That's why it makes sense to me that going OT at 10 is a great option. But, I'm in the minority with that thought process.

Mr Bills
04-25-2012, 12:50 AM
It would only make sense if Byrd can turn into a near shut down #1 corner. But there is 0 percent chance of that happening. You do realize they moved him to Safety in the first place was because he wasn't projected to be more than a nickleback in the NFL. While he does have good instincts and ball hawking ability to play CB, he is simply too slow/not athletic enough to play against #1s or 2s in the NFL.

Buddo
04-25-2012, 04:25 AM
The reason Byrd was a 2nd round selection, was that he was projected to be a quality safety in the NFL, all along.
Iirc, when he was drafted, it was a very 'wtf?' moment, until Mayock said pretty much straight away, which was then confirmed by the FO, that he would be moved to safety. As a CB, he wasn't even the best left in the draft, with maybe 3 or 4 guys rated higher at CB than him, again, iirc.

SaviorEdwards
04-25-2012, 04:36 AM
Yikes...Byrd would get absolutely smoked at CB.

TigerJ
04-25-2012, 08:25 AM
I think it is Wilson who is the odd man out if Buffalo drafts Barron. Even though Byrd played CB in college, I don't think they see him as a CB in the pros.