PDA

View Full Version : Barron is a smoke screen?

Lefty2985
04-24-2012, 11:00 PM
He wasn't thought of as someone going in the top 10 but sot after. So you get someone to trade up in front of you to draft him to help the guy you really want to slid due to the "surprise" pick

Bangarang
04-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I can't wait for Thursday night. All this speculation is exhausting.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2012, 11:49 PM
I have this weird feeling its going to be brockers..

Cali512
04-24-2012, 11:53 PM
I have this weird feeling its going to be brockers..

The Bills said they have 10 players, regardless of need or position, that they believe are just the best. They will take the 10th player, and i seriously doubt Brockers would be on it.

Think about it

Luck
RG3
Kalil
Claiborne
Blackmon
Richardson
Fletcher
Luke
DeCastro
Barron

I dont see how you can take any of these guys away for Brockers. Along with Floyd, Gilmore, Ingram, Coples. I dont see how Brockers makes the top 10 list on anyones team

SquishDaFish
04-25-2012, 02:33 AM
When will people learn?!?! Dont listen to **** week of the draft. Man we are high on this guy we are high on this guy. NOTHING is true that you hear the week of the fn draft. We dont need 40 threads saying we are high on this guy. No we are high on this guy. No this one is a smokescreen.

:lmao: Fn clowns lol

camelcowboy
04-25-2012, 03:10 AM
All this Baron talk maybe to try to force a team to trade ahead of you to take Baron. If Baron becomes a top 9 pick the player the bills really wants has a better chance of being on the board at 10.

gonzo1105
04-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Is it really that hard to believe were interested in Barron. Buddy loves SEC players especially from lsu and alabama. Barron has been projected to go from 14-18 this whole time and the Bills really can't trade down to get him. Wilson is an average safety who played well last year granted but at 31 should not be expected to repeat that year after year. I really believe that Barron will be the pick and these are some of the reasons behind it.

Philagape
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
Chris Brown has Barron in his mock.
Which means the Bills want the world to know it.
He's their mouthpiece, or in this case their dog whistle.

mayotm
04-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Is it really that hard to believe were interested in Barron. Buddy loves SEC players especially from lsu and alabama. Barron has been projected to go from 14-18 this whole time and the Bills really can't trade down to get him. Wilson is an average safety who played well last year granted but at 31 should not be expected to repeat that year after year. I really believe that Barron will be the pick and these are some of the reasons behind it.I think your assessment on Wilson is spot on. He was having a good season last year, but overall is pretty average. He's a great story, great locker room guy and great in the community. At times, I think some of us fans confuse great guys with being great players. That stated, I still don't want Barron at 10 since Wilson is serviceable. However, I won't be as upset as some if that's the direction the Bills go. It would tell me that the Bills believe he is a significant upgrade over Wilson.

better days
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Both Mike Mayock & Mel Kiper have said in the last couple days that Barron could be a top 10 pick.

TigerJ
04-25-2012, 08:31 AM
I think that Buffalo believes that by planting rumors about Mark Barron, everyone with think it's a smoke screen, thus enabling them to mask their real intentions of taking him, or not.

FlyingDutchman
04-25-2012, 08:32 AM
The fact that theres a rumor that the Bills are high on the loser Tannehill should be a giant red flag that everything being heard right now is complete BS

better days
04-25-2012, 08:42 AM
I just read an article in the NY POST that said Barron would be a great pick for the Jets. The Jets VP of college scouting said he was very good in coverage & he has 12 Ints for his career.

He looks like a player to me & if the Bills don't draft him, I hope NOBODY else in the AFC East does either.

Jeff1220
04-25-2012, 09:14 AM
I read somewhere that San Diego wants Barron badly. Could this be Buddy Nix knowing how AJ Smith operates and trying to get him to trade a ransom to move up for the player he covets?

oldno711
04-25-2012, 09:20 AM
He wasn't thought of as someone going in the top 10 but sot after. So you get someone to trade up in front of you to draft him to help the guy you really want to slid due to the "surprise" pick

that's funny...i was just logging in to post the same thing after reading several reports this morning.

i know it's been stated a thousand times, but it really is all about leverage this close to the draft...which makes me believe the bills are trying to get the teams below us (cowboys, jets, eagles, chargers, bengals), some of whom have coveted barron all along, to bite on a trade up.

IF this is the case, it also tells us that nix feels whoever they want could be had a little lower........which would change our perception of who they are really considering at 10

alohabillsfan
04-25-2012, 09:26 AM
For the love of God, someone please trade up with the Bills and take Barron. If the Bills pick him then I wont buy the NFL ticket and that will save me $200.00!

Just what the Bills need a safety that cant cover!

oldno711
04-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Reports: S Barron on Bills radar at 10th pick (http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7497/mark-barron)

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms that the feeling around the league is Alabama S Mark Barron is a strong consideration for the Bills at No. 10.

Profootballtalk.com posted an item late Tuesday stating Buffalo is "extremely interested" in Barron, and Schefter retweeted it on Twitter, adding it "Matches what is being said around the league." WGR 550 Buffalo's initial report claimed that Barron has emerged as the favorite to be the 10th pick in the draft. This is either an elaborate smokescreen to entice the Cowboys to trade up, or mock drafters need to adjust Barron into the top ten.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/194978250987028480)
Apr 24 - 10:48 PM

The Beef
04-25-2012, 10:18 AM
you gotta do something to match up with gronk/hernandez.

not my favorite pick, but if barron can be a game changer i won't be mad.

mayotm
04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
you gotta do something to match up with gronk/hernandez.

not my favorite pick, but if barron can be a game changer i won't be mad.
I agree. I'd prefer the Bills don't take a safety at 10, but don't think it's as illogical as some are making it out to be. For whatever it's worth, Mayock has him rated as the 7th best prospect in the draft. Whatever happens Thursday, there will be many differing opinions. When you think about it, it's pretty silly to overreact (positively or negatively) to any of the picks until they play.

baalworship
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Chris Brown has Barron in his mock.
Which means the Bills want the world to know it.
He's their mouthpiece, or in this case their dog whistle.

The great thing about Chris Brown is I don't think he has ever called the Bills pick. His job is to deflect as he works for the Bills. If Brown says Barron I am hopeful that we have a better plan in place.

Philagape
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
The great thing about Chris Brown is I don't think he has ever called the Bills pick. His job is to deflect as he works for the Bills. If Brown says Barron I am hopeful that we have a better plan in place.

The only correct call I found recently was Dareus. In 09 he had Everette Brown over Maybin.

baalworship
04-25-2012, 11:27 AM
The only correct call I found recently was Dareus. In 09 he had Everette Brown over Maybin.

Last year only worked because everyone in the world knew the first two picks the day before the draft.

The Beef
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
i hope we go alabama in round 1, but i want donta hightower. of the 4 guys kirkpatrick, barron, upshaw i expect donta to be the best player.

just big and nasty at the SAM spot. not going to give you what kuechly does in coverage, but i think he will be a guy that offenses have to account for stopping the run and getting to the qb.