PDA

View Full Version : Still Can't Get Past thIs Statement By Nix

Night Train
04-25-2012, 05:28 AM
”You saw what happened to us the last two years when you get hit with injuries. We’ve got to put guys back there so there’s not much drop off. Somebody just steps up. We’re thin at offensive tackle, we’re thin at linebacker and we’re thin at defensive back. "

Regardless what happens in Round 1, I know where we'll be going in Rounds 2-7. That's why I won't burst a vessel over our Thursday pick, if I don't agree with it.

Signing Williams & Anderson was incredible and we'll improve even more this weekend. Big picture.

X-Era
04-25-2012, 05:32 AM
”You saw what happened to us the last two years when you get hit with injuries. We’ve got to put guys back there so there’s not much drop off. Somebody just steps up. We’re thin at offensive tackle, we’re thin at linebacker and we’re thin at defensive back. "

Regardless what happens in Round 1, I know where we'll be going in Rounds 2-7. That's why I won't burst a vessel over our Thursday pick, if I don't agree with it.

Signing Williams & Anderson was incredible and we'll improve even more this weekend. Big picture.It's tough though to read the tea leaves.

He was also asked if Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon is there at 10, would he pull the trigger... He said "I think one of them will be there. I'll leave it at that"

Night Train
04-25-2012, 05:34 AM
My point is, at least he sees that those other positions need help.

It's not all about Round 1.

X-Era
04-25-2012, 05:40 AM
My point is, at least he sees that those other positions need help.

It's not all about Round 1.Totally agree. I actually think they expect to get X number of starters out of the draft. I don't know there cut off is but I'm guessing third round. To me that means they expect any player taken before the 4th round to be a starter for them from day one.

If that's the case, you could predict what they may still need to get from FA after the draft.

An example might be LT. If they don't go LT in rounds 1 or 2 I think we could see us go after one in FA by assuming we can't get a day one starter after round 3. I realize Hairston flies in the face of this. But, I'd take it one step further and say if we don't take one in round 1 we may need to go to FA since the drop off is so large.

CB, WR, and LB seem different to me than LT as far as your ability to get a day one starter out of the 1st round from this years draft.

methos4ever
04-25-2012, 05:42 AM
Totally agree. I actually think they expect to get X number of starters out of the draft. I don't know there cut off is but I'm guessing third round. To me that means they expect any player taken before the 4th round is expected to be a starter for them from day one.

If that's the case, you could predict what they may still need to get from FA after the draft.

An example might be LT. If they don't go LT in rounds 1 or 2 I think we could see us go after one in FA by assuming we can't get a day one starter after round 3. I realize Hairston flies in the face of this. But, I'd take it one step further and say if we don't take one in round 1 we may need to go to FA since the drop off is so large.

CB, WR, and LB seem different to me than LT as far as your ability to get a day one starter out of the 1st round from this years draft.
Especially if health-wise they think they can get a year out of a McNeil for example as either a challenger for Hairston or a temporary starter.

X-Era
04-25-2012, 05:46 AM
Especially if health-wise they think they can get a year out of a McNeil for example as either a challenger for Hairston or a temporary starter.Exactly. I think it's very fluid.

I wouldn't be surprised if a guy we talked about at 10 is still there at 41. Martin may be an example.

methos4ever
04-25-2012, 05:54 AM
Exactly. I think it's very fluid.

I wouldn't be surprised if a guy we talked about at 10 is still there at 41. Martin may be an example.
It's hard to just be okay with a dude like Barron, (especially when people think he's the answer to eliminate Gronk when he isn't the best man coverage guy) but I trust Buddy and there are 9 other picks plus FA (either the guys out there or the guys that'll be cut).

Night Train
04-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Barron seems to be an in the box safety and a fit for only a few NFL D's. I don't see the coverage ability.

better days
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Exactly. I think it's very fluid.

Well, Nix said yesterday that players some people had the Bills taking at #10 in mock drafts had a 4th rnd grade on the Bills board.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
please dont compare barron to whitner...

dude is a sec beast...

Lone Stranger
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Well, Nix said yesterday that players some people had the Bills taking at #10 in mock drafts had a 4th rnd grade on the Bills board.

I am shocked that Nix would admit that he looks at mock drafts.

better days
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
I am shocked that Nix would admit that he looks at mock drafts.

He said he enjoyed looking at them. Said they were fun. He called them FANTASY Football & said people should not take them seriously.

MattyNH
04-25-2012, 09:27 AM
I will burst some vessels if they draft an RB!

The Jokeman
04-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Especially if health-wise they think they can get a year out of a McNeil for example as either a challenger for Hairston or a temporary starter.
McNeil is broken and don't think he can be fixed otherwise I'd think he'd be on an NFL roster by now.