PDA

View Full Version : Jets trade up to #3?

mjt328
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
I just heard on ESPN that the Jets are considering a trade up to get Trent Richardson. Obviously, to do that would probably require a move to #3 with the Vikings.

This would have a major impact on Buffalo's draft. First of all, it would add a potientally elite running back to the division. Second, it could force a player to fall like Kalil or Blackmon.

In this scenario, we would likely be looking at:

3 - NY Jets - Richardson
4 - Cleveland - Blackmon or Tannehill
5 - St. Louis - Kalil, Blackmon or Cox
6 - Tampa - Claiborne

ThunderGun
04-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I doubt they move up that high, but if they did, this is how I it going down:

3 - NYJ - Richardson
4 - CLE - Claiborne
5 - STL - Blackmon
6 - Tampa - Kalil

So I don't think Blackmon or Kalil will fall very far.

CleveSteve
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I think it would be pretty clear...

3 NYJ Richardson
4 CLE Blackmon
5 TB Claiborne
6 STL Kalil

Bangarang
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't think it would alter the way Nix approaches our 1st pick at all.

Extremebillsfan247
04-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm hearing that it's very unlikely unless Richardson slips out of the top 5. The Jets would have to give up too much to get him otherwise and have a bunch of needs they intend to address in this draft if possible.

stuckincincy
04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
I just heard on ESPN that the Jets are considering a trade up to get Trent Richardson. Obviously, to do that would probably require a move to #3 with the Vikings.

This would have a major impact on Buffalo's draft. First of all, it would add a potientally elite running back to the division. Second, it could force a player to fall like Kalil or Blackmon.

In this scenario, we would likely be looking at:

3 - NY Jets - Richardson
4 - Cleveland - Blackmon or Tannehill
5 - St. Louis - Kalil, Blackmon or Cox
6 - Tampa - Claiborne

It's not obvious...why deal with MIN? They for sure aren't in the rb market (unless their senseless act of putting Peterson back on the field - and him agreeing to it - has backfired big time and nobody's talking.), whereas CLE has a better likelihood of having an eye on Richardson.

Copping a term from young folks.., "I call BS!!!" :D:

Cali512
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
The Jets would be stupid to do this. Revis and Cromartie cant cover forever, and the Jets have no passrush. They also have no WR, and if i remember correctly, isnt there RB supposed to be really good? Greene? I hope this happens, it would be hilarious

Bert102176
04-25-2012, 04:56 PM
I doubt they move up that high, but if they did, this is how I it going down:

3 - NYJ - Richardson
4 - CLE - Claiborne
5 - STL - Blackmon
6 - Tampa - Kalil

So I don't think Blackmon or Kalil will fall very far.

Tampa has a young LT they won't take Kalil

FlyingDutchman
04-25-2012, 04:59 PM
This would be stupid IMO...Shonn Greene wasn't that bad, they just had no clue how to use him and got away from smash mouth football which was supposed to be the Jets way

Skooby
04-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Isn't Tebow a good enough RB?

CleveSteve
04-25-2012, 05:08 PM
you guys know tampa (and not STL) is picking 5, right? And that if Richardson is gone, they're a lock to take Claiborne?

Cali512
04-25-2012, 05:11 PM
you guys know tampa (and not STL) is picking 5, right? And that if Richardson is gone, they're a lock to take Claiborne?

And if both are gone, there getting Blackmon. So no matter what i dont see any of them getting Kalil

better days
04-25-2012, 05:37 PM
It's not obvious...why deal with MIN? They for sure aren't in the rb market (unless their senseless act of putting Peterson back on the field - and him agreeing to it - has backfired big time and nobody's talking.), whereas CLE has a better likelihood of having an eye on Richardson.

Copping a term from young folks.., "I call BS!!!" :D:

That is the reason to move to 3, AHEAD of Cleveland.

more cowbell
04-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Anything to grab the headlines for these idiots...this was reported on ESPN too? Shocker.

better days
04-25-2012, 05:39 PM
Tampa has a young LT they won't take Kalil

If Clayborne is off the board & Kalil falls to the Bucs, I think they would be more than happy to trade down.

FlyingDutchman
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Surprised they're not moving up to 3 for a tight end

stuckincincy
04-25-2012, 05:52 PM
That is the reason to move to 3, AHEAD of Cleveland.

I see your point - but why not deal with CLE, then?

Bert102176
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't think it would alter the way Nix approaches our 1st pick at all.

Why would it alter our pic any team has a list of players they are looking at, at each pick if they don't they shouldn't have their jobs

Bert102176
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM

thank you

Bert102176
04-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Surprised they're not moving up to 3 for a tight end

What are you taking? I need some with my back injury I could use something other then the stuff the doctors have me on

stuckincincy
04-25-2012, 06:30 PM
What are you taking? I need some with my back injury I could use something other then the stuff the doctors have me on

Try Milwaukee Ice - cheap, yet effective!

Skooby
04-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Try Milwaukee Ice - cheap, yet effective!

Old Milw, it makes you spew mud. We use to call it old mud.

TigerJ
04-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Where are the Jets slated to pick? Isn't it around 16? That would be a very costly trade for them. They wouldn't have many other decent picks left in the draft. I'm sure the Vikings could do some damage in the draft with 13 or 14 picks, or maybe get a first next year as part of the trade.

feldspar
04-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Rex Ryan has been in New York for 3 years. In his first TWO YEARS COMBINED, he had only seven draft picks...THREE out of those seven picks were running backs, even though he already had Thomas Jones...then he brought in LaDainian Tomlinson. He picked another RB in the draft again last year.

Here is a guy that really wants to play the ground-and-pound style of football.

Mr. Pink
04-26-2012, 02:15 AM

If Cleveland stands pat at 4, they're taking Claiborne. Take it to the bank. Richardson won't be a Brown as the WCO can pretty much plug in any back and get the desired results from week to week. Hell, if that Ogobanye <sp> guy had some nice games in limited action.

I could see Cleveland trading their 4th to NY and stockpiling more picks so the Jets can get Richardson though, like they did last year with Atlanta and Julio Jones.

TMu11
04-26-2012, 05:15 AM
The Jets would be stupid to do this. Revis and Cromartie cant cover forever, and the Jets have no passrush. They also have no WR, and if i remember correctly, isnt there RB supposed to be really good? Greene? I hope this happens, it would be hilarious

You obviously forgot that they picked up Maybin. All the passrush an NFL team needs

ServoBillieves
04-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Rex Ryan has been in New York for 3 years. In his first TWO YEARS COMBINED, he had only seven draft picks...THREE out of those seven picks were running backs, even though he already had Thomas Jones...then he brought in LaDainian Tomlinson. He picked another RB in the draft again last year.

Here is a guy that really wants to play the ground-and-pound style of football.

Running is hard on players feet. Rex likes to mix work and pleasure.

That being said, I would laugh hilariously if they did this. Didn't they already trade away pretty much a whole draft for that Sanchize who's doing so well for them?

BleedinGreenNC
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Running is hard on players feet. Rex likes to mix work and pleasure.

That being said, I would laugh hilariously if they did this. Didn't they already trade away pretty much a whole draft for that Sanchize who's doing so well for them?

I dont want them to do this, but we didnt trade away an entire draft for Sanchez, and they have 2 AFCCG appearances to show for it. I want them to stay put or trade back, we need to address the pass rush immediately.

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2012, 08:39 AM

Was a joke buddy...just poking fun at the Jets odd picks of the past

HAMMER
04-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Now the Bills looking to move up to #3.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/18841860/report-bills-have-legitimate-interest-in-trading-up-to-no-3-for-matt-kalil