PDA

View Full Version : They are letting the Pats getting into their head

ghz in pittsburgh
04-25-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't think CB has inside info, but he is in better position than any of us, including those so-called medai/experts who have connections. Unless, of course, he's part of Bills grand scheme of tricking people into ...

The only logical reason I can think of the potential choice of Barron at #10 is the influence of Pats. I know the Giants went with 3 safeties ahainst the Pats almost 50% of the time not once, but twice last year. ( I think Rolle went inside the box on all of them). Bryan Scott is the guy for the Bills but he is really a marginal player, though he had a few moments in this S/LB mold, covering RB/TE out on a pass and provide running support in case of a run.

But Pats is only one team, even though they are in our division. Very few teams are in the makeup of the Pats. So are we going to spend a 10th overall pick just for that?

ddaryl
04-25-2012, 05:44 PM
it's a passing league. Covering RB's out of the backfield, TE's etc.. and also stay sturdy against the run goes beyond just Brady and the Pats.

nolimit
04-25-2012, 05:47 PM
From what I understand, barron isn't a great cover safety but better against the run

Cali512
04-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Like i said before, the only way i would take Barron is if he is guarenteed to be the next Ed Reed, Polamalu, or Dawkins. Anything less is a fail of a first pick

ghz in pittsburgh
04-25-2012, 06:16 PM
From what I understand, barron isn't a great cover safety but better against the run

According to Bills scouts, they consider Barron is good enough to cover some wide outs, though they admit he'll need help for elite receivers.

To me, instinct is the biggest asset you need to for safeties. A guy like Polamalu does not have CB speed, but always get to where the play is.

That's why I'm kind of sold on Kuechly. Yes he has not demonstrated he can shed blockers, but he knows where the balls goes and has speed to get there. That's a sign of a good player to me.

methos4ever
04-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Apparently the comparison from some have been to Sean Taylor. And like the above poster said, they see him and / or Gilmore as complete players at their positions. So, if they take them for BPA, I'm fine. But if it's out of some misguided fear of the Pats, I'll hate it as GHZ opined.

Skooby
04-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Whatever CB says now is suspect at best.

ddaryl
04-25-2012, 06:22 PM

He is better then average at covering TE's and RB's, and is stout against the run. Wouldn't run toe to toe with elite WR's but no safety does.

He's been compared to Ed Reed.

But who knows.. I can safely say this, nobody on any forum knows for sure. If the Billsl draft him then it's because the Bills felt he was the player best able to make this team better in the short term

Bert102176
04-25-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't think CB has inside info, but he is in better position than any of us, including those so-called medai/experts who have connections. Unless, of course, he's part of Bills grand scheme of tricking people into ...

The only logical reason I can think of the potential choice of Barron at #10 is the influence of Pats. I know the Giants went with 3 safeties ahainst the Pats almost 50% of the time not once, but twice last year. ( I think Rolle went inside the box on all of them). Bryan Scott is the guy for the Bills but he is really a marginal player, though he had a few moments in this S/LB mold, covering RB/TE out on a pass and provide running support in case of a run.

But Pats is only one team, even though they are in our division. Very few teams are in the makeup of the Pats. So are we going to spend a 10th overall pick just for that?

screw him this team needs either Kalil, Blackmon, Floyd or Keuchkly and in that order

alohabillsfan
04-25-2012, 06:47 PM
He will be a BUST!, Please Buffalo dont pick him!

Slim
04-25-2012, 06:56 PM
I think it has more to do with the fact that he's one of the top ten players in this draft. http://http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-many-teams-rank-barron-as-no-6-player-in-draft/

ghz in pittsburgh
04-26-2012, 08:36 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5815811

More from Chris Brown on wgr. The keyword now is "limitless" upside, as compared to Kuechly.

I admit I saw a number of 'Bama games but Barron did not stick out to me. I do like the fact that he's 6'2" and long, long arms, which probably provides the best matchups the Bills were ever able to put on those TEs.

Maybe like CB suggested, the Bills are tired of being killed by those TEs which in my memory, has been forever.

mikemac2001
04-26-2012, 08:48 AM
posted this in another thread why wouldnt the pats get into our head look at the stats last year.

They Kill us

Gronk
7 109 2 29 game 1
8 108 2 22 Game 2

Hernandez
Hurt game 1 i believe
7 138 1 44

OpIv37
04-26-2012, 08:51 AM
He is better then average at covering TE's and RB's, and is stout against the run. Wouldn't run toe to toe with elite WR's but no safety does.

He's been compared to Ed Reed.

But who knows.. I can safely say this, nobody on any forum knows for sure. If the Billsl draft him then it's because the Bills felt he was the player best able to make this team better in the short term

If the bolded part is true, then he's of no use to us against the Pats. Their TE's run like WR's, and a big reason that we can't beat the Pats is because we haven't had a S that can cover a WR since....well I really can't remember.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
If the bolded part is true, then he's of no use to us against the Pats. Their TE's run like WR's, and a big reason that we can't beat the Pats is because we haven't had a S that can cover a WR since....well I really can't remember.

Look it up their measurables, I don't believe Pats TEs run like Welker. They just run well for their size and Brady maximizes their usage of size.

I don't doubt that Barron is the best option against TEs. Too many people live the lives on scouting said the same thing. It is the narrow focus I'm questioning in - you don't draft a guy #10 for defending a particular type of guys.

OpIv37
04-26-2012, 09:01 AM

Also, CB does have inside info, in the sense that the guy says what he's told to say. He has traded his objectivity for access. And I'm not saying this to rip on CB. The point is this: If CB says the Bills are interested in Barron, then Nix WANTED him to say he's interested in Barron.

Maybe it's a smoke screen to try to get a team that wants Barron to trade ahead of them. Maybe he's really targeting Barron. Maybe it's to get the media talking about the Bills drafting Barron while he targets someone else. I really don't know. But, Nix wanted it out there for some reason.

mikemac2001
04-26-2012, 09:03 AM
I really hope we trade down to 14-17 range and get some extra picks and then snag the guy we really want (unless someone falls that we have to draft)