PDA

View Full Version : What I'm Hearing...

DraftBoy
04-25-2012, 06:05 PM
First off take this for what it's worth any info below is based on reports from people I trust, people I've spoken to on the phone, or things I've deducted and confirmed myself. If you don't believe me that's fine, I completely understand. But here are a few tidbits that Im hearing and believe;

-The Fletcher Cox buzz is absolutely legit, Top 10 talent on a number of teams boards. The hot rumor is St. Louis (also where I mocked him) but some people are saying a trade up could happen with a team like Philly would would need to jump into the Top 5.

-Mark Barron's hype is so out of control right now he's actually getting backlash from media types for it. There are reports of multiple teams ranking him in the Top 10.

-Now while many people have suggested the Bills interest may be a smoke screen nothing I've been told indicates that. We know Dallas likes him a lot at 14 but the Bills seem rather adamant about their interest and may not be doing that just to foster a trade down.

-Speaking of Buffalo this is growing concern from the organization about the defensive tackle position and specifically keeping Kyle Williams healthy and making sure Dareus gets plenty of rotations out so he doesn't wear down. There is thought that they could possibly kick KW outside on running downs and draft another DT early on. In fact I have been told by two people that the name Michael Brockers ranks highly on the Bills board. Now that all being said I don't think we are going with Brockers (unless he falls to Rd 2) and I dont think we are going DT at 10. However we may end up going DT early on (Day 2 maybe?) because of the concern about our lack of depth and keeping our most valuable players healthy.

-While everybody (myself included) is mocking Tannehill to Miami, don't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Jeff Ireland already blew off his HC once in regards to Matt Flynn, and should have zero issue ignoring his OC even if he wants Tannehill. Ross has made it clear Ireland is still running the draft. If it doesn't look for them to add a WR or CB at 8.

-Quinton Coples is out of the Top 10 for many teams and may drop out of the Top 20. His admittance to his loss of focus his senior years has made many teams question whether or not he can ever regain it.

-Janoris Jenkins is not a 1st Round pick, and could fall into the 3rd or 4th Round. Personally I find this buzz to be ridiculous but teams were not satisfied that he was completely honest in regards to drug use and were surprised to hear about him having four children by three different women.

-Nick Perry is a name to know, many see him as the best pure 43 DE in this draft.

-While Janoris Jenkins is unquestionably the top Small School player in terms of talent, the first one to get drafted may be Division II's Amini Silatolu. Interior OG who is as nasty as they come. Could go as high as 24 to Pittsburgh.

-Baylor WR Kendall Wright may fall out of Round 1. His times speed was not good and many teams have him ranked lower than many analysts traditionally thought.

-WR Alshon Jeffrey could be a hot trade up target at the end of Round 1, beginning of Round 2.

-Coby Fleener is getting a lot of 1st Round love, specifically with Houston.

-Melvin Ingram's stock is coming back down to earth some because nobody can seem to agree where he can play. Some teams have him out of Round 1, while others like him mid-round and yet others as top 10-15 prospect.

-The Ravens and at least two others teams have already made calls to a number of their top targeted UDFA's saying that they like them and want first shot at them should they go undrafted. They are trying to gain a competitive edge in the market, especially with the camp roster increase.

-Boise State RB Doug Martin could sneak into the end of Round 1, a couple of teams in the high 20's like him.

-Both Mike Adams and Jonathan Martin may find themselves sitting outside of Round 1 tonight which is a bit of shock given both were considered 1st Round locks not more than 6 weeks ago.

-Zach Brown reportedly is having stock issues and some consider him to no longer be a first round pick. Many people are starting to question his toughness on film.

That's all I got for now. If I get anything else Ill try and post it.

SquishDaFish
04-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Your one of the few that I trust to post stuff they hear. Thank you bro

stuckincincy
04-25-2012, 07:11 PM
-Boise State RB Doug Martin could sneak into the end of Round 1, a couple of teams in the high 20's like him.

NYG?

Slim
04-25-2012, 07:13 PM
-Mark Barron's hype is so out of control right now he's actually getting backlash from media types for it. There are reports of multiple teams ranking him in the Top 10.-

PFT posted an article that multiple teams have him as high as #6 on their draft boards.

Skooby
04-25-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm hearing the Bills have blown more smoke than a 6 alarm fire, we've traumatized a majority of the draft effectively.

X-Era
04-25-2012, 07:29 PM
I can't hate the Barron pick... But I really hope we go in another direction. I'm a Wilson fan and I'd like him to continue to start.

But, Barron can play no doubt about that. I'd lust like to fill a spot that's a more pressing need.

YardRat
04-25-2012, 07:33 PM
I've got Tannehill going to Cleveland at #22, and still think Jenkins will be grabbed by NE with their second first unless they wheel and deal out of it.

Don't Panic
04-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Barron had better be damn good if we take him at #10. Call that the Donte Whitner effect...

I would jump all over Wright in the 2nd if he's there. I love what he brings to the table, no matter what he ran....

Someone will bite on Jenkins before the 2nd round ends...

gonzo1105
04-25-2012, 08:06 PM
I want either Barron or Cox I know both wont be very popular but these two are studs even if they aren't at huge needs

Lone Stranger
04-25-2012, 08:09 PM
I am having trouble comprehending the DT issue. We have Troup, Carrington, Heard and Spencer Johnson around. Are they a total waste?

Don't Panic
04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
I am having trouble comprehending the DT issue. We have Troup, Carrington, Heard and Spencer Johnson around. Are they a total waste?

No, they're tremendous depth! I still don't know when Troup is going to get on the field if the hybrid is dead...

I am warming to Cox if he falls, especially if what DB said is true, which has merit to it given the wear that Dareus and KWill can and will undergo.

Cali512
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Could you see us getting Cox if he slips to buffalo?

k-oneputt
04-25-2012, 08:27 PM

Well if they are looking dt early that's all you need to know about the "wonder boys".

That 2010 draft will give us Spiller and not much else, and we didn't even need Spiller. Go fiqure.

Bangarang
04-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Can't wait to see Cox battling Wood and Levitre in practice. Maybe we can bring back Wang and complete this meat party.

Cali512
04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Can't wait to see Cox battling Wood and Levitre in practice. Maybe we can bring back Wang and complete this meat party.

I hope we can protect Fitz from the giant Cox coming his way

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
-Speaking of Buffalo this is growing concern from the organization about the defensive tackle position and specifically keeping Kyle Williams healthy and making sure Dareus gets plenty of rotations out so he doesn't wear down. There is thought that they could possibly kick KW outside on running downs and draft another DT early on. In fact I have been told by two people that the name Michael Brockers ranks highly on the Bills board. Now that all being said I don't think we are going with Brockers (unless he falls to Rd 2) and I dont think we are going DT at 10. However we may end up going DT early on (Day 2 maybe?) because of the concern about our lack of depth and keeping our most valuable players healthy.

Guess Troupe and Johnson are crap?

thenry20
04-26-2012, 01:36 AM
To the OP: could you please differentiate what you believe and your trusted sources believe. I am confused.

thenry20
04-26-2012, 01:42 AM

Remember Pat Williams? He used to be a nobody like these guys. Except he did something when he was given playing time. I'm not seeing those other guys need to show Pro Bowl potential but they haven't impressed me when I've seen games the past two years.

YardRat
04-26-2012, 05:35 AM

Carrington and Johnson have been bounced around too much to get an opportunity to show what they can do. Heard has been an adequate back-up and IMO has shown improvement. Troup needs to stay healthy and start producing.

We don't need two consecutive top 10 picks on the interior of the defensive line.

DraftBoy
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Could you see us getting Cox if he slips to buffalo?

I dont think so, like I said above Im not really buying this. I could see a Round 2 or 3 DT but not Round 1.

DraftBoy
04-26-2012, 07:16 AM

Well Troup can't stay healthy, Carrington is a converted DE, Heard is really a better 34 NT than 43 DT, and Johnson is adequate but nothing special.

DraftBoy
04-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Guess Troupe and Johnson are crap?

We still dont know much of anything about Troup's back. Johnson is what he's always been a marginal backup.

DraftBoy
04-26-2012, 07:18 AM
To the OP: could you please differentiate what you believe and your trusted sources believe. I am confused.

All of the above falls under the category unless you see me say "I dont believe this".

DraftBoy
04-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Carrington and Johnson have been bounced around too much to get an opportunity to show what they can do. Heard has been an adequate back-up and IMO has shown improvement. Troup needs to stay healthy and start producing.

We don't need two consecutive top 10 picks on the interior of the defensive line.

Agreed.

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Why is Carrington being moved to dt instead of playing a 4-3 de ??????
He played a 4-3 de in college.
Why don't they see what he can do there ?

Because they know he is not good enough at end so they are trying him inside.
Another bad draft pick.

MattyNH
04-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Good info, I believe it is mostly legit based on the content.

Devin
04-26-2012, 07:55 AM
One of the few sources I believe with this info, nice post DB.

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Batten. I guess he's getting a shot at d-end. Maybe we get something out of him there because he wasn't a lber.
What's Moats doing ? Staying at lb ? I'd put him back at de to and see if he can pass rush.