PDA

View Full Version : Rob Rang - Buffalo's "BSing" with Kuechly/Barron

kingJofNYC
04-25-2012, 08:31 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/18831356/draft-buzz----asu-had-2-players-test-positive-buffalo-bluffing-sd-trying-to-trade-up-for-barron

In other interesting news, the Buffalo Bills are attempting to drum up interest in their No. 10 overall pick by leaking information that they're considering taking a defensive player (Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly and Alabama safety Mark Barron).

Sources, however, indicate that this is "total BS" and that the club will be taking an offensive player if unable to trade out.

While the team would appear to need help at offensive tackle, I've been told their two top-rated offensive tackles are Southern California's Matt Kalil and Stanford's Jonathan Martin. Should Kalil somehow fall to them, the Bills, I'm told you snatch him up. They aren't in love with the idea of taking Martin at 10, though they will strongly consider him should they trade down. I'm also told that the Bills are also "very high" on Notre Dame wideout Michael Floyd and will strongly consider him if unable to move out of the No. 10 overall pick.

One of the teams that has contacted the Bills and others about trading up is the San Diego Chargers. The team is specifically targeting Barron, I'm told, and feel that there is very little chance that the All-American will slip past the Dallas Cowboys, owners of the No. 14 overall pick.

elltrain22
04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
this board is insane w/ rumors. I like rumors and all, but w/ all this and that you hear, who knows what the hell to believe.

Skooby
04-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the BS.

Bangarang
04-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Way to go out on a limb with that article. It's like they took a bunch of random rumors and obvious facts, mashed them all together and created a "No **** Sherlock" article.

In other breaking news, the Colts are in need of a QB and may look to draft one with the 1St overall pick.

Cali512
04-25-2012, 08:52 PM
This is as much of a "bs" rumor as the ones hes refering too!

Romes
04-25-2012, 09:12 PM
This is getting very interesting now...

Oaf
04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
I feel like this is true more than anything I've read recently.

Mike13
04-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Dont you just love NFL Draft Eve?

baalworship
04-25-2012, 10:00 PM
They lost me at interested in Jonathan Martin. I don't see it. Buddy doesn't like finesse o-linemen. He likes power players.

TigerJ
04-25-2012, 10:18 PM
I feel like this is true more than anything I've read recently.I can't be sure that it's true, but at least it seems to make a little sense of all that's been happening with the speculation first about Gilmore and Kuechly and later about Barron.

One thing's for sure, like everyone else I'm ready for the crap to end and for the real even to happen.

Meathead
04-25-2012, 10:24 PM
cmon bolts! give us that extra second rounder! bills can still get a starting ot at 18 so get r done

Ed
04-25-2012, 10:30 PM
I feel like this is true more than anything I've read recently.
I agree. This seems like the most legit and likely scenario. I feel strongly that the Bills first choice all along has been to hopefully trade down. I would love a sweet deal from SD like when they traded up to get Eric Weddle. Make it happen Buddy!

Slim
04-25-2012, 10:31 PM
cmon bolts! give us that extra second rounder! bills can still get a starting ot at 18 so get r done

This would have me doing cartwheels. It would make Friday SOOOO much fun.

Bert102176
04-26-2012, 12:42 AM
screw tradeing get Kalil, Blackmon or Floyd

Bert102176
04-26-2012, 12:43 AM
screw tradeing get Kalil, Blackmon or Floyd

anyone else in the 1rst and you screwed up the Bills draft

thenry20
04-26-2012, 01:17 AM
I agree. This seems like the most legit and likely scenario. I feel strongly that the Bills first choice all along has been to hopefully trade down. I would love a sweet deal from SD like when they traded up to get Eric Weddle. Make it happen Buddy!

I wish people would stop posting this unless they have a player or slot in mind. It would make for more interesting reading and I woud sure take their opinions more seriously.

So bro, who do think we should take then?

Romes
04-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Or....is this report BS because the news leaked of the Bills actual interest in Barron and now the Bills are leaking that its a smoke screen so that their actual interest isn't noted and a team like the Cowboys doesn't jump infront of them. :dizzy:

methos4ever
04-26-2012, 04:19 AM
I love, despite the fact all of these articles are dealing with rumors, some of these authors act as if the have the scoop on the "truth" such as Rang above. How do you really know it's a smokescreen? If they really take one of the defenders, some of them will just fall back on the trite "Buffalo's always good for a surprise" meme.

Ed
04-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I wish people would stop posting this unless they have a player or slot in mind. It would make for more interesting reading and I woud sure take their opinions more seriously.

So bro, who do think we should take then?
I don't know who we should take bro because I don't pretend to be a wannabe scout and I have no inside info on who would be willing to trade up. But I think with the depth in this draft that the Bills would love to have an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

If we did trade down in the 15-20 range we could get an extra pick and still get a player like Kirpatrick or Glenn. I'd be happy with that and maybe the Bills would too.

psubills62
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
I'd want a little more than their 2nd rounder - JMO.

Philagape
04-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Wendy: "But isn't it a secret?"
Otto: "You have no idea how secret."
Wendy: "Why are you telling everyone?"
Otto: "It's a smoke screen?"
Wendy: "What?"
Otto: "Double Bluff... Look, you obviously don't know anything about intelligence work lady... It's an XK Red 27 technique."

-- A Fish Called Wanda

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
I'd want a little more than their 2nd rounder - JMO.

Same here - I'd like to see SD wheel 'n deal a high 3rd round pick with somebody else to spice up that 2nd.