PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown on WGR now: Mark Barron Once In A Generation Player

baalworship
04-26-2012, 09:37 AM
:trance:

Dying_-2-_Live
04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
We are trying to get the pats to move up

baalworship
04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
The question is why is the Bills lead propagandist pushing Barron so much?

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 09:42 AM

No doubt...NE is completely fooled... :tip:

ddaryl
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Funny because he is a Safety people don't want him. Nobody wants to be Donte'd again I guess... I think lots of fans are married to sexy positions and not reality.

Barron would not be a bad pick up at all...

oldno711
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
or are they talking him so fans don't explode when they make the pick???

(i honestly don't believe that will be the pick...just playing devil's advocate here)

Philagape
04-26-2012, 09:46 AM
He said the Bills could trade up for Barron. Nothing against Barron, but I dunno if I'd like that. Trade up for Kalil only.

Buffalo Thriller
04-26-2012, 09:46 AM
This is the 1st time in a while when I have no guess as to who were taking.

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 09:47 AM

Can't see them budging - with the new CBA and rookie cap, 1st rounders are cut-rate compared to past years. Same for the other 2 clubs with 2 picks - CLE and CIN.

billsburgh
04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
If he's comparable to Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, I'd have no problem with the pick.

baalworship
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
If he's comparable to Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, I'd have no problem with the pick.

That's a big if. It's the reason why people are against the position. If he doesn't turn into an absolute star and is just good it will be seen as a wasted pick.

BTW, Donte Whitner was not terrible, just good.

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 09:53 AM
I'd call Donte average not good.

SabreEleven
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
and he looks even worse being draft at #13.

baalworship
04-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Good players are average NFL starters.

DrGraves
04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Idk I'm sure he is a great player but what do you do with Byrd and Wilson?

The Jokeman
I think the Cleveland Browns said the same thing about Eric Turner once too. Yet personally I think it's a mistake and a big one at that.

Cali512
The only thing i could see is us getting him, then popping back into the first. Alot of the players that the bills are "targeting" theyd either move back to the 18-25 picks, or trade back into the first for the player. So if we get Barron, i would not be surprised by us doing what we can to get back in the 1st to get Hill/Glenn

The Jokeman
04-26-2012, 09:59 AM
He said the Bills could trade up for Barron. Nothing against Barron, but I dunno if I'd like that. Trade up for Kalil only.
I agree 100% with this post.

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 10:01 AM
With all the NFL rule changes the past several seasons that feature the pass game, perhaps the traditional safety positions are doomed to the trash heap, and so, go get corner backs that have decent run stop skills.

The college game is dripping with spread offenses. So perhaps the safety crop isn't there like years past.

JCBills
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Can't see them budging - with the new CBA and rookie cap, 1st rounders are cut-rate compared to past years. Same for the other 2 clubs with 2 picks - CLE and CIN.

Actually I think without the major contracts, they would be more inclined to move around.

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Good players are average NFL starters.

Good compared to a college safety who can't play in the NFL. Average compared to the typical NFL safety.
wilson is better then donte imo.

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Actually I think without the major contracts, they would be more inclined to move around.

Yep - I've heard that viewpoint, too.

CleveSteve
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
I think the Cleveland Browns said the same thing about Eric Turner once too. Yet personally I think it's a mistake and a big one at that.

Eric Turner was amazing. Too bad about the intestinal cancer. Man, I'm basically as old as he was when he died.

baalworship
04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Good compared to a college safety who can't play in the NFL. Average compared to the typical NFL safety.
wilson is better then donte imo.

The point I was trying to make is that a good corner, left tackle, or #2 WR would all be better than a good safety.

The only way you take a safety is if you are convinced he is a top 5 player in the NFL. That's a lot of pressure.

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 10:14 AM
The point I was trying to make is that a good corner, left tackle, or #2 WR would all be better than a good safety.

The only way you take a safety is if you are convinced he is a top 5 player in the NFL. That's a lot of pressure.

Agree 100 %. I don't even like taking rb or wr's in the top-10 picks.
If you're that high in the draft there is a reason and it's usually because your lines stink and you don't have a qb. In today's league I'm all for a top cb now to.

mikemac2001
04-26-2012, 10:17 AM

Ya but if he can slow down a TOP TE who is just as dangerous as a number 1 WR then it is very important to the Defense

the only way we are going to win the AFC east is aiming for the top

JETS and PATS

both have solid TE's

if he can create problems for them and let our front 4 cause havoc our CB's dont have to be as good, also we would have better field position and wouldnt have to score as much

i am excited i am not saying draft barron but let it play out before we all get upset.

maybe we are trying to lure the pats/philly/cowboys to move up we snag extra picks or the guy we really want.

i prefer the trade down if our guy isnt there snag a WR/CB combo with extra picks

baalworship
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't want Mark Barron but I reserve the right to be angry if another teams jumps in front of us and takes him if he was the top player we were targeting.

Mahdi
04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
If the Bills do in fact draft Barron it's due to his versatility. He would be an every down player.

Safety in the base defense, linebacker in the nickel and dime packages. Basically he is a younger, better, faster Bryan Scott. Plus he is good in coverage downfield.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-26-2012, 10:25 AM
as long as they take a top sec player in rd 1, then i dont care...

Mahdi
04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Just thinking about this more, the Bills were torched by EVERY TE we played against last year. All of them either scored or had a big day yardage wise.

I am now 100% convinced we draft Barron unless Kalil or Blackmon fall to us.

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
If the Bills do in fact draft Barron it's due to his versatility. He would be an every down player.

Safety in the base defense, linebacker in the nickel and dime packages. Basically he is a younger, better, faster Bryan Scott. Plus he is good in coverage downfield.

I think BUF would be in conflict if Cox (doubtful) or Brockers were there. Kevin Williams coming back in top form is still up in the air, AFAIK.

Oaf
04-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Funny because he is a Safety people don't want him. Nobody wants to be Donte'd again I guess... I think lots of fans are married to sexy positions and not reality.

How would it not be a bad pickup?

You saw what happened to Spiller. Lynch, a perfectly good starter is given away to Seattle, we already knew Fred Jackson was great, and we failed the use the EIGHTH pick in the draft to fill, you know, a hole, which there are plenty of on this team.

Oaf
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Barron is not a Reed/Polamalu type prospect. I will be pretty pissed if we draft this guy at 10.

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Barron is not a Reed/Polamalu type prospect. I will be pretty pissed if we draft this guy at 10.

Me too. But perhaps he has a night job playing LT. :whistling

acehole
04-26-2012, 10:39 AM

This for Dallas consumption...we don't want to move that far down.

We will trade down pick up Cordy Glenn or S Hill.

They love these two players.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Byrd - Barron - McGee - McKelvin... hmm... double big mac?!

Devin
04-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Id be thrilled if we took Barron, kid will be a hell of an nfl safety.

mikemac2001
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Byrd - Barron - McGee - McKelvin... hmm... double big mac?!

Byrd Wilson
Mckelvin Williams

Barnett Shepperd Barron
Williams Dareus Williams Anderson

I see it something like this with maybe Mcgee in instead of one of the CB's (depending on how they play)

Then add CB's In Nickle or Dime and Remove Barron on sure running plays.

Extremebillsfan247
04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Idk I'm sure he is a great player but what do you do with Byrd and Wilson?He would eventually replace Wilson. Wilson is 31 years old. I see the Bills eventually decreasing his role from starter to depth player whether they take Barron or not.

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Byrd Wilson
Mckelvin Williams

Barnett Shepperd Barron

I see it something like this with maybe Mcgee in instead of one of the CB's (depending on how they play)

Why the hell would you remove Barron on running plays ....

Mahdi
04-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Byrd Wilson
Mckelvin Williams

Barnett Shepperd Barron

I think it will be Barron at safety with Byrd on running downs. On passing downs Barron moves into the box to play nickel LB or dime LB.

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
I would love that pick.

mikemac2001
04-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Why the hell would you remove Barron on running plays ....

Im saying like 4th and inches 3rd and inches

obvious passing downs i would run a different D was just showing a base d

5 dline 2 big lbs and him at SS

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Im saying like 4th and inches 3rd and inches

obvious passing downs i would run a different D was just showing a base d

5 dline 2 big lbs and him at SS

If Barron is the pick I will guarantee you he is not coming off the field on any down, especially a running down.

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
If Barron is the pick I will guarantee you he is not coming off the field on any down, especially a running down.

Kinda like Maybin was supposed to be?

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Kinda like Maybin was supposed to be?

What does that stupid statement supposed to mean ?
Barron is better in the run then the pass.

And any player could bust, but I would say he has a better chance of not busting then Maybin.

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 02:00 PM
What does that stupid statement supposed to mean ?
Barron is better in the run then the pass.

And any player could bust, but I would say he has a better chance of not busting then Maybin.

Well - I don't really want to expend a #1 on a safety that is better against the run then the pass. Do you, in this pass-crazy age?

The sales pitch on Maybin was...he can rush the passer, stop the run, get his agile hide out in coverage, etc. Pretty heady stuff.

My take on Barron is that he's a smart player, a hard worker. But I do wonder if the SS position is a thing of the past.

Fair enough?

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Well - I don't really want to expend a #1 on a safety that is better against the run then the pass. Do you, in this pass-crazy age?

The sales pitch on Maybin was...he can rush the passer, stop the run, get his agile hide out in coverage, etc. Pretty heady stuff.

My take on Barron is that he's a smart player, a hard worker. But I do wonder if the SS position is a thing of the past.

Fair enough?

Actually the safety position is coming back compared to the lb position due to today's NFL.
As I've already stated I'd rather take the top cb over the safety.
With Barron he is better coming up against the run then coverage. Not that he's bad in coverage, because he is the real deal imo. And he's a leader.
If drafted he's not coming off the field.

Buffalogic
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM
It's really not that difficult. Old George Wilson will be a backup if Barron is drafted. I really don't understand why people overrate Wilson soooo much

mikemac2001
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM

I AGREE!!!

i was stating that the formations will switch he wouldnt be in the same spot each down

mixxum
04-26-2012, 03:24 PM
No, Noo, Nooo, Noooo, Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT WANT BARRON.

Geez

Philagape
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
It's really not that difficult. Old George Wilson will be a backup if Barron is drafted. I really don't understand why people overrate Wilson soooo much

And, he could still play on passing downs, still doing what he does best.

SABURZFAN
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM
i'll believe patmoran before i believe anything from Chris Brown.

baalworship
04-26-2012, 04:39 PM
This for Dallas consumption...we don't want to move that far down.

We will trade down pick up Cordy Glenn or S Hill.

They love these two players.

So do I. If we drop back we can try to use the extra pick and get both.

Cordy Glenn and Stephen Hill ='s Awesome.

YardRat
04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
If there is a guy available that you truly believe is going to be the next Ronnie Lott, you take him regardless of where you are slotted.

The question is...is that what you believe?

mayotm
04-26-2012, 05:22 PM
It's really not that difficult. Old George Wilson will be a backup if Barron is drafted. I really don't understand why people overrate Wilson soooo muchIt's the Lee Evans Syndrome. Many people confuse being a great guy with being a great player.