PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Look for Brandon Weeden at 41 if he is there

BillsWin
04-26-2012, 02:52 PM
I have heard from people close to the Weeden family that the Bills have flown to Oklahoma at least 3 times to work out or interview Weeden and have assured the quarterback that he is on their radar in the second round.

Slim
04-26-2012, 02:53 PM
This wouldn't get me excited. He's the same age as Fitz.

Buffalogic
04-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Cleveland has pick 37... He ain't getting past the Browns at 22 or 37...move along

better days
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I have heard from people close to the Weeden family that the Bills have flown to Oklahoma at least 3 times to work out or interview Weeden and have assured the quarterback that he is on their radar in the second round.

I think the 2nd rnd is too high for him.

wmoz11
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I'd projectile vomit.

CleveSteve
04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Cleveland has pick 37... He ain't getting past the Browns at 22 or 37...move along

I beg to differ...

I thought Chan was supposed to like mobile QBs... not guys who trip on the 45 yard line.

HAMMER
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
You guys are nuts, he is a stud, would be a great pick IMO.

W1DER1GHT
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
He will go in round 1 to someone.

THRILLHO
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Let's hope this remains a rumor.

Buddo
04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
At least we are getting some new rumours. I'm getting pretty bored with all the 1st round stuff tbh. ;)

I tend to agree that he won't slip by the Browns though.

JCBills
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM

An old stud. Pass.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-26-2012, 03:23 PM
He can still play for 8 years... thats a long time

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2012, 03:27 PM
He is very talented. I would not hate this. If he was 25 it would be tannehill who?

Ed
04-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't know how I would feel about this. I'd rather address some other positions first, but the age isn't really much of an issue for me. He could still play for a while and maturity is a good thing for a qb.

That is interesting that they've spent so much time scouting him though.

TrEd FTW
04-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Dude's got an AARP card.

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2012, 03:47 PM
I want Russell Wilson in the 4th.

Philagape
04-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Is this guy good enough that if he was 22, he'd be like top-five? That he'd be good enough to quickly overtake Fitz? Those are the only acceptable circumstances to draft him.
In other words, he better be a 29-year-old Andrew Luck.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2012, 04:02 PM
I wouldnt mind it

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
He is so old.

X-Era
04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Outside of Luck and RG3 hes the guy id like the most.

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 04:24 PM
He is so old.

IF you are lucky - you will die young. :biggrin:

Ed
04-26-2012, 04:27 PM
The trade down rumors seem to be heating up a little, so if we do end up with an extra 2nd rounder, I'd be a lot more open to Weeden in the 2nd.

better days
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
He can still play for 8 years... thats a long time

He may not be good enough to play for one year let alone eight.

baalworship
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Nightmare Draft:

10: Luke Kuechley
41: Brandon Weeden

I honestly would lose interest in watching the other rounds.

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2012, 04:30 PM
IF you are lucky - you will die young. :biggrin:

I don't want to make it past 60

stuckincincy
04-26-2012, 04:35 PM

I don't blame you. I'm a wreck.

YardRat
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM
I hope not. The NFL game is hard enough for young guys to catch on to while they are going through their physical prime, let alone for a guy that's at it or past it.

k-oneputt
04-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Nightmare Draft:

10: Luke Kuechley
41: Brandon Weeden

I honestly would lose interest in watching the other rounds.

C'mon you know better then that.
and I don't want Kuechley either.
I don't think they will take Weeden at 41, but he would be a nice fallback if Fitz went down. He would be perfect in our offense.

CleveSteve
04-26-2012, 04:45 PM
He's almost at 41 already.

I keed... I keed...

acehole
04-26-2012, 05:19 PM

I heard this also. Instant back up insurance without controversy.

The Jokeman
04-26-2012, 05:21 PM
and Cam Newton was a stud for the Panthers last year and look where they're picking. I'm sorry Weeden's age to me moves him down my draft boards to 3rd Round pick at best.

PTI
04-26-2012, 05:32 PM
This wouldn't get me excited. He's the same age as Fitz.

What if Andy Dalton was the same as Fitz? You do realize Fitz has never even broke the top 20 after 7 years in the NFL, right? Why anyone believes this will change now boggles my mind.

Over the past 4 seasons, he has the 18th most starts of any QB.

Cali512
04-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they probably were there to see who you were throwing to Brandon!

Cali512
04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
What if Andy Dalton was the same as Fitz? You do realize Fitz has never even broke the top 20 after 7 years in the NFL, right? Why anyone believes this will change now boggles my mind.

Over the past 4 seasons, he has the 18th most starts of any QB.

Fitz has done more than any QB has since Bleadsoe or even Flutie. He showed the ability to lead the team. Hes the only QB in years that has kept us in a game with the Patriots, and in fact dominated and won (he had 380 yds and like 3 TD passes). Hes kept us in games vs Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Giants. He actually gets the ball out quickly, and usually he makes the right read. His accuracy needs to be touched up on, but that has alot to do with his fundamentals which our new QB coach Lee, said hed work on. I believe in Fitz, all he has to do is not **** it up. Our team should be good without Fitz needing to be great

X-Era
04-26-2012, 05:48 PM
A commentator last night said that the age issue should not be an issue since you can probably get 5 years out of him as a starter.

That man? Bill Polian.

And yes... I agree.

Jan Reimers
04-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Age is just a number. Take it from a man with a BIG number. But what I do best - drink - I can do a lot better than many of you young pups. Weeden would be fine.

Bert102176
04-26-2012, 05:55 PM

screw that BS

Captain gameboy
04-26-2012, 06:07 PM

I don't want you to either.

PTI
04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Fitz has done more than any QB has since Bleadsoe or even Flutie. He showed the ability to lead the team. Hes the only QB in years that has kept us in a game with the Patriots, and in fact dominated and won (he had 380 yds and like 3 TD passes). Hes kept us in games vs Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Giants. He actually gets the ball out quickly, and usually he makes the right read. His accuracy needs to be touched up on, but that has alot to do with his fundamentals which our new QB coach Lee, said hed work on. I believe in Fitz, all he has to do is not **** it up. Our team should be good without Fitz needing to be great

Not even close compared to his counterparts, you have no idea what you are talking about when you compare Fitz to anyone other than his counterparts with the rule changes in place. Try again.

The team better good because Fitz isn't close to being good let alone great.

thenry20
04-26-2012, 08:38 PM

He played well but our troubles began when we lost the heart & soul of our O. Freddy. That cannot happen again. Hell, losing Stevie would decimate this team as well.

TigerJ
04-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Kirk Cousins has also said that Buffalo has shown more interest in him than any other team. Weeden in the second and Cousins in the third? No, it's not going to happen that way. I do think that Buffalo's interest in multiple QBs is evidence that they are feeling it as a need.

Buffalogic
04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Cleveland has pick 37... He ain't getting past the Browns at 22 or 37...move alongGood call, me

BidsJr
04-26-2012, 09:15 PM
He Gone.

BloFan4Life
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Dodged a bullet big time. By the time this guy develops he will be over 30. Just not good value.

CleveSteve
04-27-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm so disgusted. Only the Browns could screw up this boatload of picks this much.

thenry20
04-27-2012, 04:04 AM

You hit the nail on the head there guy!

The Jokeman
04-27-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm so disgusted. Only the Browns could screw up this boatload of picks this much.
Well you can be happy they have less picks now thanks to the Richardson trade. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it unless they worried the Vikings where going to move the pick to Tampa.

CleveSteve
04-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Well you can be happy they have less picks now thanks to the Richardson trade. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it unless they worried the Vikings where going to move the pick to Tampa.

They were going to move the pick to Tampa. I don't understand why, though, you (the Browns) don't stay at 4 and get your blue chip player (whether it be Richardson or Blackmon) and save your trade ammo to maneuver and snag value players who aren't no-brainer picks.

Then on top of it to draft a QB at 22 who has never taken a snap from under center in his life into a system that you say "takes two years to learn" after just suffering through the last two years with the previous guy learning, and still not have anyone to throw the ball to, after you just passed on the guy that made that QB look great to the tune of four draft choices.

Oh well, at least I can still point and laugh at Seattle for drafting Bruce Irvin at 15... I think.

The Jokeman
04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
They were going to move the pick to Tampa. I don't understand why, though, you (the Browns) don't stay at 4 and get your blue chip player (whether it be Richardson or Blackmon) and save your trade ammo to maneuver and snag value players who aren't no-brainer picks.

Then on top of it to draft a QB at 22 who has never taken a snap from under center in his life into a system that you say "takes two years to learn" after just suffering through the last two years with the previous guy learning, and still not have anyone to throw the ball to, after you just passed on the guy that made that QB look great to the tune of four draft choices.

Oh well, at least I can still point and laugh at Seattle for drafting Bruce Irvin at 15... I think.
Yeah Seattle's pick of Irvin was the WTF? moment of the draft. The Browns needed Richardson in the worst way. Blackmon could be another Torry Holt but not sure he could do so with McCoy tossing him the rock. Richardson at least gives them a legitimate guy on offense that the opposition has to worry about from day. Whereas Blackmon could be contained. I guess they didn't give up a whole lot considering how low the picks they gave up were but again I'm not sure Minny was ever looking away from Kalil. In terms of Tampa I don't know what they were thinking. In terms of Weeden I think they're hoping he pulls off an Andy Dalton move but I agree he's a big time question mark.

stuckincincy
04-27-2012, 08:30 AM

Deep hand-off to Richardson from the shotgun? :scratch:

psubills62
04-27-2012, 08:39 AM

I think it says a lot about how they viewed Richardson relative to the other draftees.

ZAZusmc03
04-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Browns GM said about Weeden "you don't take him if he isn't going to start". Goodbye colt.

k-oneputt
04-27-2012, 09:57 AM
He'll be starting.
Mccoy is an NFL backup at best.

THRILLHO
04-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Browns GM said about Weeden "you don't take him if he isn't going to start". Goodbye colt.

Colt is about to be traded to GB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/27/report-browns-talking-colt-mccoy-trade-with-packers/

If all it took was a 6th or 7th I wouldnt mind trading for him. Id rather that then draft anyone.

ZAZusmc03
04-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Colt is about to be traded to GB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/27/report-browns-talking-colt-mccoy-trade-with-packers/

If all it took was a 6th or 7th I wouldnt mind trading for him. Id rather that then draft anyone.

I don't think a 6th or 7th would be bad at all for Colt. I think he would be much more suitable as a backup than Thigpen. Especially for the offense we run.

stuckincincy
04-27-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't think a 6th or 7th would be bad at all for Colt. I think he would be much more suitable as a backup than Thigpen. Especially for the offense we run.

I'd be...concussed.

And you have to look at your team's salary structure. It's not just a free day of shopping at the corner soda fountain...