PDA

View Full Version : I feel physically ill

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Good news is we'll get to see Floyd torch Gilmore this year.

SaviorEdwards
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Michael Floyd was never on our board.

Ingtar33
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM

Only if the Cards get a better O-line and QB. waste of a draft pick. The Cards problem is O-line and QB, not WR. He'll get the chance to catch 40 badly thrown passes from the duck and chuck artistry of Kolb or 40 badly thrown skip passes from the "arm" of John Skelton. Until the cards straighten out those two problems, no one in the league will fear the Floyd/Fitz combo.

sqad5
04-26-2012, 08:27 PM
No the good news is we will get 6 sacks that game cause there qb and line is terrible

Cali512
04-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Gilmore was a higher rated CB than Floyd was WR, so i dont see why you think this? Honestly Gilmore is a good hitter, and jump ball CB, and Floyd is a jump ball WR. So id see it even!

feldspar
04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
People look at position rather than quality of player.

PTI
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Only if the Cards get a better O-line and QB. waste of a draft pick. The Cards problem is O-line and QB, not WR. He'll get the chance to catch 40 badly thrown passes from the duck and chuck artistry of Kolb or 40 badly thrown skip passes from the "arm" of John Skelton. Until the cards straighten out those two problems, no one in the league will fear the Floyd/Fitz combo.

Best 1-2 QB combo in the division. They will contend for the division.

X-Era
04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I think that's it. The alcohol issue and possibly bad interviews. Rumors swirled that his interviews were bad

Cali512
04-26-2012, 08:32 PM
He needs to play safety! He doesnt play or seem like a CB at all! If we put him at safety, with his hitting and ballhawking ability, hed be a great SS

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 08:32 PM
What WR's in our division are worthy of drafting a CB at 10 to cover?

We have a pathetic offense and need playmakers

Slim
04-26-2012, 08:33 PM

We have 9 more picks....

justasportsfan
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Floyd can't catch the ball when the qb is on his back.

Ingtar33
04-26-2012, 08:35 PM

I can think of one... Wes Welker. Shut him down and that pats offense starts to look pretty manageable. Or did anyone other then a pats fan(or possibly a ******ed fin fan or two) enjoy watching him catch 20 passes against us 2x a year?

mayotm
04-26-2012, 08:35 PM
He needs to play safety! He doesnt play or seem like a CB at all! If we put him at safety, with his hitting and ballhawking ability, hed be a great SS
No.

Cali512
04-26-2012, 08:36 PM

Spiller, Johnson, Jackson, Chandler are all good playmakers. I think we still like Easily, and the Aiken guy came on in preseason and practice. I think we like our unknowns, but i wont rule out one in the 2nd.

Meathead
04-26-2012, 08:37 PM
because qbs tackle wrs all the time

Meathead
04-26-2012, 08:38 PM
relax they will definitely be taking a wr and ot in the first few rounds absolutely no doubt

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 08:39 PM
2003 offense here we come...can't wait.:up:

kingJofNYC
Not bringing in Floyd was a dead give away, you guys set yourselves up if you thought he was going to the be the pick. Just look at all the guys they brought it in, and yet Floyd was nowhere.

Cali512
No.

Dude, he cant cover short passes for ****. He hits like a truck, he has great ball skills and can go up with any WR. Nothing about him screams CB.

Prov401
04-26-2012, 08:40 PM

Why haven't I heard any analyst discourage the pick? Maybe because he was a good pick.

Of all the players that we had an opportunity to draft tonight, I can't see any other player that I would have been ecstatic about over Gilmore. I would have been all for trading down. However, that's not always possible. You need another team to work with you on that.

Gilmore or Floyd were the only players left appropriate for the Bills, with how this draft turned out.

Cali512
04-26-2012, 08:41 PM

You are a very unlikable person arent you?

justasportsfan
04-26-2012, 08:41 PM
It's not a sexy pick but the homer in me says the jets beat the Pats mostly getting to Brady via coverage sacks.

Skooby
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Why haven't I heard any analyst discourage the pick? Maybe because he was a good pick.

Of all the players that we had an opportunity to draft tonight, I can't see any other player that I would have been ecstatic about over Gilmore. I would have been all for trading down. However, that's not always possible. You need another team to work with you on that.

Gilmore or Floyd were the only players left appropriate for the Bills, with how this draft turned out.

The annnouncers were beaming about him, so I would jump off the bridge yet.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
You are a very unlikable person arent you?

When anything Bills is on TV, yes. You can't help but be mad.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 08:44 PM

Sometimes I don't think you people understand. You are NOT GOING TO COMPETE IN TODAY'S NFL IF YOU CAN'T SCORE POINTS.

Ingtar33
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
It's not a sexy pick but the homer in me says the jets beat the Pats mostly getting to Brady via coverage sacks.

they took away Welker, and bumped the TE's, disrupting the timing. The Giants mostly took away Welker too, and had the injury to Grad to thank for neutralizing half the TE threat; while their passrush made up for what their secondary lacked.

simply put when watching the Bills in 2011 vs the pats i don't see how anyone could come to the conclusion there was ANYONE on our roster who could cover Welker. If you want to actually compete with the Pats in 2012 you have to change that somehow.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 08:46 PM
they took away Welker, and bumped the TE's, disrupting the timing. The Giants mostly took away Welker too, and had the injury to Grad to thank for neutralizing half the TE threat; while their passrush made up for what their secondary lacked.

simply put when watching the Bills in 2011 vs the pats i don't see how anyone could come to the conclusion there was ANYONE on our roster who could cover Welker. If you want to actually compete with the Pats in 2012 you have to change that somehow.

Brady's still going to hang 30 on us like he always does.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM

Put down the crackpipe. I wanted Floyd more than anyone but am VERY HAPPY with the pick of Gilmore

Slim
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM

So you like the pick Ing?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
not a sexy pick but im ok with it mostly cause i was expecting CB

YardRat
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM

You don't fight fire with fire, you fight it with water. Beat Brady while he's on the field, not on the bench, and that means defense.

slowpokemcgee
04-26-2012, 08:51 PM

The same team we have now put up 30 on them as well. Or is Bell the reason we won that game?

Bulldog
04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Pretty sure this draft is said to be deep at the WR position. So why would the Bills jump on one at 10 when they can grab one in the 2nd or 3rd round? I love the pick.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Ok. So you improve the defense, but its "OMG HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO SCORE?!". If we took O, it would be "OMG HOW ARE WE GOING TO STOP THE PATRIOTS?!". Just admit you dont know anything until week 1. Welcome to Buffalo Stephon.

thenry20
04-26-2012, 08:53 PM
I can think of one... Wes Welker. Shut him down and that pats offense starts to look pretty manageable. Or did anyone other then a pats fan(or possibly a ******ed fin fan or two) enjoy watching him catch 20 passes against us 2x a year?

Did you watch the games last year? No really.

He had over 200 yards receiving in week 3 and we still won. Dude, it's their TE's we have to worry abou--they're the ones scoring TD's. t. Their WR corps doesn't scare me.

Ingtar33
04-26-2012, 08:55 PM
So you like the pick Ing?

Floyd would have been a fun pick, but considering how bad this defense has been for so long and with Luke off the board, yes i like this pick; he's not perfect, but we have to make an attempt at covering Welker. Since no one on the roster can do that, that meant we needed to draft someone who might be able to.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 08:56 PM
The same team we have now put up 30 on them as well. Or is Bell the reason we won that game?

Really dude? You're going to hinge your hope on a flukish game where Brady was throwing picks left and right?

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Put down the crackpipe. I wanted Floyd more than anyone but am VERY HAPPY with the pick of Gilmore
I don't smoke crack. I'm white.

Seriously though, when we're struggling to score even 13 points a game midway through the season again I'll bump this thread. Then I'll be called an ******* and predictable homers will say predictable ***** like "I bet you're happy that the Bills are losing as long as you're right!" Same crap every every year.

mayotm
04-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Dude, he cant cover short passes for ****. He hits like a truck, he has great ball skills and can go up with any WR. Nothing about him screams CB.No.

YardRat
04-26-2012, 09:05 PM

Seriously though, when we're struggling to score even 13 points a game midway through the season again I'll bump this thread. Then I'll be called an ******* and predictable homers will say predictable ***** like "I bet you're happy that the Bills are losing as long as you're right!" Same crap every every year.

If you bookmark it in your favorites it will be easier to find.

Looking forward to it.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 09:09 PM
If you bookmark it in your favorites it will be easier to find.

Looking forward to it.

Already have. Sadly, I'm right about the Bills every year. Wish to God I wasn't

justasportsfan
04-26-2012, 09:10 PM

just like Buddy said, this is a qb driven league. Even with Mario on the roster, teams could go maximum protect vs. our OL with Te's,.We still need cb's who can shut down their wr's and give our Dl more time to get to the qb.

mayotm
04-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Already have. Sadly, I'm right about the Bills every year. Wish to God I wasn't
Your brilliance must be a real curse.

justasportsfan
04-26-2012, 09:15 PM

bills were scoring 23 ppg last year with a horrid D. Don't you think we could score more if the D kept giving fitz the ball back?

SquishDaFish
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM

LOL you racist bastard hahaha. You gotta be black or brown to smoke crack according to you?? Your unreal man LOL

Philagape
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
The offense was doing pretty well until Fitz's injury. It will go as he goes, Floyd or no Floyd.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
LOL you racist bastard hahaha. You gotta be black or brown to smoke crack according to you?? Your unreal man LOL

lol I just said that to get a rise out of you, scro.

Real talk, we're *****ed unless we get Hill or Jeffery...not some 3rd or 4th round hand-me down WR

SquishDaFish
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Your nuts LOL

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Your nuts LOL

We all go a little crazy sometimes.

I'm just glad the Bills tried something they haven't done the last several years and reached for a DB. That's refreshing.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2012, 09:26 PM
They didnt reach jesus. Once Luke was taken he was best available left except Jenkins(If it wasnt for his off field ****)

Beebe's Kid
04-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Did you watch the games last year? No really.

He had over 200 yards receiving in week 3 and we still won. Dude, it's their TE's we have to worry abou--they're the ones scoring TD's. t. Their WR corps doesn't scare me.

When you get hit by a train, it is not the caboose that kills you.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 09:33 PM
They didnt reach jesus.

Yeah, and that's very believable given this team's history.

ZacGriffi~82
04-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Holy ****, you can not like the BPA over positional need, but to say we reached is idiotic.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Holy ****, you can not like the BPA over positional need, but to say we reached is idiotic.
...you think.

What's worse is that now that NE and NYJ have grabbed pass-rushers, we're forced to blow a pick on the O-Line, and further ignore the problems at WR.

justasportsfan
04-26-2012, 09:57 PM
"The way the offenses spread you out, first of all you’ve got to be big enough to match up with detached tight ends, especially in our division,” said Nix. “But what they’ll do too and the same thing we do is spread you out with five receivers and then run the football and you’ve got to have a guy that can tackle and this guy is very physical as a corner.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-go-with-CB-Gilmore-at-10/e4577261-4e74-4136-9ea9-f915156512f4

ThunderGun
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I wanted Floyd. Badly. But there isn't anything to dislike anout the Gilmore pick.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I wanted Floyd. Badly. But there isn't anything to dislike anout the Gilmore pick.
What I dislike is that it wasn't Floyd.

JohnnyGold
04-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Really dude? You're going to hinge your hope on a flukish game where Brady was throwing picks left and right?

its like... we win that game.

we go up 21- 0 in the second meeting til we bench stevie.

buddy is (and he makes no secret about it) building this team to beat the pats and win the division.

yet it has to be "flukish" when our game plan works and we win a game against new england?

OpIv37
04-26-2012, 10:31 PM
How do you know?

OpIv37
04-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Gilmore was a higher rated CB than Floyd was WR, so i dont see why you think this? Honestly Gilmore is a good hitter, and jump ball CB, and Floyd is a jump ball WR. So id see it even!
What does that even mean? You can't compare two dissimilar things.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 10:34 PM

buddy is (and he makes no secret about it) building this team to beat the pats and win the division.

yet it has to be "flukish" when our game plan works and we win a game against new england?
No brah, I'm sure we'll get a bunch of passes deflected right into our CB's hands again. There was nothing fluke about that performance at all. Brady has games like that all the time.

PTI
04-26-2012, 10:38 PM

It was a complete fluke. Brady has thrown 4 INTs 5 times in his career. Two of those times are the last 2 times the Bills actually beat the Patriots, you really want to plan on only beating the Patriots when Brady throws picks I guess. Not a good plan. I am OK with Gilmore, but the Bills could have used Floyd right there. The Bills offense was mediocre at best, lots of late garbage yards and points in losses too.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2012, 10:44 PM
What a douchy thread.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Best 1-2 QB combo in the division. They will contend for the division.
Of course you would like a couple complete bums like Kolb and Skelton but hate relentlessly on Fitz. So stupid.

Trust I don't love Fitz but he is much better than those ****bags. Get a grip already.

Saratoga Slim
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Sometimes I don't think you people understand. You are NOT GOING TO COMPETE IN TODAY'S NFL IF YOU CAN'T SCORE POINTS.

And if a better defense gives your offense more possessions, you'll score more points.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 10:49 PM
What a douchy thread.

The truth hurts. We passed on the most impactful player available

psubills62
04-26-2012, 10:53 PM

Welcome back, Ingtar. Glad to have you around for draft discussion.

PTI
04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Of course you would like a couple complete bums like Kolb and Skelton but hate relentlessly on Fitz. So stupid.

Trust I don't love Fitz but he is much better than those ****bags. Get a grip already.

You consistently prove you know very little about what really is happening. Kold was better than Fitz last year, but did not play as much. Kolb has been more successful early in his career then Fitz was, and has better number and better pedigree. Skelton was like 6-2 as a starter, and had 4 4th quarter comebacks for wins (including OT), and has proved to be more clutch already then Fitz could dream of.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
The truth hurts. We passed on the most impactful player available
There is no truth. You dont know anymore than anyone else. Let me guess you will be like OP and root against this guy so you can say you told us so? Excuse me while I go puke....

ServoBillieves
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
No brah, I'm sure we'll get a bunch of passes deflected right into our CB's hands again. There was nothing fluke about that performance at all. Brady has games like that all the time.

How 2 dimensional can you get? So... these players that put their damn hands up at the line to deflect passes are fluke plays? Last time I checked, that's called PLAYING THE POSITION. If you can't get to the passer, then you stick your ****ing hands up in the air and bat the ball down or deflect for a shorter gain on luck or a LB or coverage S that can snag it and put it in the O's hands.

George Wilson's INT was a fluke when he was double teaming NE's best player? McKelvin didn't for once have a great read? And I would love to see your ass react within fractions of a second as Florence did to #1 catch the ball, #2 read the offensive-turned-defensive players to where your best route was to the endzone and #3 sprint to the edge and score.

Please, PLEASE give me validation as to how you are logical in that sense. If You want luck, tattoo a horseshoe on your ass and cut off a rabbit's foot, then I'll believe that luck is better than talent. Otherwise, shut up and don't pretend you know what professional's know about football.

PTI
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
And if a better defense gives your offense more possessions, you'll score more points.

The only thing that gets you more points is a better offense.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 11:01 PM
There is no truth. You dont know anymore than anyone else. Let me guess you will be like OP and root against this guy so you can say you told us so? Excuse me while I go puke....

Where have I heard this before?:lol: oh dets right, earlier in this thread:

{pats self on back}

ServoBillieves
04-26-2012, 11:02 PM
The only thing that gets you more points is a better offense.

And a healthy Fred Jackson, an emerging CJ Spiller, a promising young O-Line, a solid TE, and weapons at WR don't fit that mold. Yep. Makes a TON of sense. If you can explain how the Bills offense works and how YOU could better utilize what you have I would love to know what money you could make taking over for an NFL Offensive Coordinator.

If not, then put in your resume and can't wait to see when you get signed. Best of luck!

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 11:05 PM
How 2 dimensional can you get? So... these players that put their damn hands up at the line to deflect passes are fluke plays? Last time I checked, that's called PLAYING THE POSITION. If you can't get to the passer, then you stick your ****ing hands up in the air and bat the ball down or deflect for a shorter gain on luck or a LB or coverage S that can snag it and put it in the O's hands.

George Wilson's INT was a fluke when he was double teaming NE's best player? McKelvin didn't for once have a great read? And I would love to see your ass react within fractions of a second as Florence did to #1 catch the ball, #2 read the offensive-turned-defensive players to where your best route was to the endzone and #3 sprint to the edge and score.

Please, PLEASE give me validation as to how you are logical in that sense. If You want luck, tattoo a horseshoe on your ass and cut off a rabbit's foot, then I'll believe that luck is better than talent. Otherwise, shut up and don't pretend you know what professional's know about football.

Once in a coon's age Brady plays that poorly. Are you really expecting lightning to strike twice (at both bills games)?

THATHURMANATOR
You consistently prove you know very little about what really is happening. Kold was better than Fitz last year, but did not play as much. Kolb has been more successful early in his career then Fitz was, and has better number and better pedigree. Skelton was like 6-2 as a starter, and had 4 4th quarter comebacks for wins (including OT), and has proved to be more clutch already then Fitz could dream of.

IT IS KOLB NOT KOLD I KNOW THAT AT LEAST.

Kolb was never successful at any time of his career. He was a 9td 9int guy in Philly and is the same in AZ. He was injury prone in Philly and is injury prone in AZ

Point is Kolb was 3-6 as a starter with 57.7 comp %. Only 9 Tds with better receivers to throw to. He is concussed and he is just not really that good at all.

Skelton has an even worse comp % at 54.9%. He was 5-2

Fitz 62% comp%. More yards more wins, more TDs than them combined, with WORSE Wideouts.

Fitz is average at best but you sound like a complete fool by talking so much **** about him in one breath but then sucking Kolb and Skelton's dick in another. Do you not realize this?

THATHURMANATOR
Where have I heard this before?:lol: oh dets right, earlier in this thread:

{pats self on back}
Yeah hilarious...

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2012, 11:08 PM

AMEN! Hope PTI doesn't tell you how stupid you are...

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Yeah hilarious...
yeah, find a new gimmick when the pitchfork optimist mob finally disbands. We'd love to have you back in reality

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2012, 11:10 PM
yeah, find a new gimmick when the pitchfork optimist mob finally disbands. We'd love to have you back in reality
I am a Bills fan I am not in any of this *** optimist negativist stupid ****.

I would have been happy with Floyd too. We need a WR in the next round or two.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah hilarious...

Dude it's annoying dealing with infants isn't it? you could make the best point in the world and they will toss a third tier, pointless stat at you.

"Kordell Stewart had better numbers against the Bengals in one game and you think that Fitzpatrick can compare to him?!"

The rest of this thread will be lost in oblivion soon, and I accept it falling in to the abyss. I also love the fact that most of the words I just typed are illegible by BoD and PTI.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Dude it's annoying dealing with infants isn't it? you could make the best point in the world and they will toss a third tier, pointless stat at you.

"Kordell Stewart had better numbers against the Bengals in one game and you think that Fitzpatrick can compare to him?!"

The rest of this thread will be lost in oblivion soon, and I accept it falling in to the abyss. I also love the fact that most of the words I just typed are illegible by BoD and PTI.
Yeah, we get it dude. You clearly like one particular brand of football and I like the other. Just because I'm right it doesn't make you a bad person. It just makes you wrong.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah, we get it dude. You clearly like one particular brand of football and I like the other. Just because I'm right it doesn't make you a bad person. It just makes you wrong.
Your brand of football is ****.

You are wrong.

MJones83
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm glad we passed on Floyed. Gilmore was a guy I wanted for a while now although I was hoping to trade down a couple picks to get him. The next guy I like and can't believe made it to the second round and wouldn't be upset if we trade up a couple picks to take him is Stephen Hill. 6'4'', 215lbs and has the frame to add a little more without losing speed. Runs a 4.36 40, benches 225 14 times, has a 39.5 vertical, and has a 11'1'' broad jump. This guy is gifted athleticly and could develop in to the burner we need opposite of Stevie. All the negetives I read about, like his raw rout running, are coachable.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Your brand of football is ****.

You are wrong.

Cool! enjoy the annual offensive ineptitude as the struggle to hit double digits!

Mr. Pink
04-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Since the OP was throwing a ***** fit over not taking a WR...

There are still at least 2, count em TWO, quality WRs available tomorrow. Stephen Hill and Ruben Randle.

The dropoff in this draft at CB past Kirkpatrick is much greater than the drop off from Floyd to Hill.

It's not a surprising pick, too bad we couldn't have pulled the trigger like the 'Boys to get in position to take Morris Claiborne instead but I won't hate on Gilmore being the choice.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2012, 11:39 PM

#1) I am not a 'dude'. #2) What are you basing your comments on? #3) How can you pull an "I am right" when you have no clue what you're talking about? Logical answer in your next post or else I will laugh til I cry at how stupid you are.

BillsOverDolphins
04-26-2012, 11:43 PM
#1) I am not a 'dude'. #2) What are you basing your comments on? #3) How can you pull an "I am right" when you have no clue what you're talking about? Logical answer in your next post or else I will laugh til I cry at how stupid you are.
You shoulda let me know you were a broad....i woulda sweet-talked ya first

OpIv37
04-26-2012, 11:53 PM
I have NEVER in my life rooted against any player on the Bills EVER. The team is more important than any individual player, and definitely more important than my message board bragging rights. Don't hold it against me because you're bitter that my "negativity" usually turns out to be reality.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2012, 11:57 PM
You shoulda let me know you were a broad....i woulda sweet-talked ya first

The beauty of your response is that anyone with intelligence sees that you skipped over the logical points I made and could only focus on the first one. I can see you sitting there sweating over a keyboard thinking of that "uber cool!" comeback to it, and I must applaud you.

I am male, I am engaged, and my personal life has nothing to do with your pathetic take on the NFL draft or what the Bills did.

Please go back to the basement of your mother's house with your D&D Friends and think of "UBER WAYS!" to "PWN" your friends. I mean, America is about freedom of speech but I feel that certain people should talk through soap and vinegar in their mouths.

If, with most of our picks being successful while not being our first draft choices, and still not knowing our potential nine other picks, you are correct that this draft was a complete failure, then may God have mercy on my soul. Otherwise, I'll stick by that fact that overreacting makes you a complete moron.

kingJofNYC
04-27-2012, 12:06 AM
I think we go with a OT or front 7 player early tomorrow. Hope for Marvin Jones in the 3rd, maybe move up to get him. Who knows? I'm a fan of Gilmore, but he has to work on the double moves.

Plays a lot of off man coverage, has to react quickly and sometimes bites. He's very good off man though, which is hard to do.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2012, 12:19 AM

you mad dude?

ServoBillieves
04-27-2012, 01:51 AM
you mad dude?

You over abusing over-done meme's dude?

This just proves how sad the board has gotten. Hombre can't come up with a legitimate defense and has to post the most pathetic response in the world wide web. Bills fans deserve better, not these infantile "ZOMG WE DIDN'T GET WHO I WANTED" posts because their mocks were wrong.

We don't care.

Stephon Gilmore is a Buffalo Bill.

Cry in your journal if you don't like it, or embrace the fact we have 4 young corners, a PB Safety, and aside from injuries one of the best other safeties you can get with George Wilson.

bluerosekiller
04-27-2012, 03:14 AM
OK, I'll admit it. I uttered a big groan when the dude announced that they'd picked Gilmore. I wanted Floyd & was convinced that that's who they'd choose at #10. But, it didn't work out that way.
So, after a couple of moments of bewilderment, I took the time to look Gilmore over & came away liking what I saw.
Was he the "sexy pick" that Floyd would have been?
Hell no. Not by any means, but at the end of the day, he could very well prove to be a very strong asset to the team. Perhaps he'll wind up being the addition to it that will turn out making The Bill's secondary & perhaps, the entire defense as a whole into an elite unit.
Let's hope that that turns out to be the case.

Besides, every one has pretty much agreed that this particular crop of wideouts runs very deep. With much talent available supposedly available throughout each & every round. So, hopefully they'll be able to acquire a dangerous weapon for the offense in the next round or two.

Night Train
04-27-2012, 04:58 AM
The classic " They didn't pick my guy ( My precious ! ) " .

So I'll trash any other pick and pretend I'm not dumber than a bag of hammers.

Happens EVERY SINGLE DRAFT.

ThunderGun
04-27-2012, 07:40 AM
What I dislike is that it wasn't Floyd.

Like I said, I wanted Floyd too. More than anybody (other than Luck, RGIII, Kalil, Blackmon). But Gilmore was probably my #2 choice at 10.

At least they didn't overdraft Kirkpatrick, like half of the people here wanted them to.

alohabillsfan
04-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Servo, go to ignor. And put the moron from Miami on it!

Skooby
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
First pick 6 or sack for Gilmore during the regular season will change everyone's mind here. Gilmore on a corner-blitz behind Mario will put the fear of god into opposing QB's hearts.

Let's chill out & see who we get over the next few rounds.

ZAZusmc03
04-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Stephon Gilmore didn't have a sports science done on him, maybe that's why people are stomping their feet and crying the pick wasn't Floyd. Logic need not apply, just throw hissy-fits instead of looking at what the guy we picked has to offer. Well done.

/endthread

OpIv37
04-27-2012, 08:04 AM
First pick 6 or sack for Gilmore during the regular season will change everyone's mind here. Gilmore on a corner-blitz behind Mario will put the fear of god into opposing QB's hearts.

Let's chill out & see who we get over the next few rounds.

Corner blitzes are nice but we need corners who can cover.

Honestly, I don't personally know enough about Gilmore to compliment or criticize the pick too much. I do know that CB is a need for the team, and I do know that we need CB's who can cover, specifically against teams like the Pats. So, hopefully Gilmore's that guy, because if we took him for blitzing ability, we're in trouble.

My biggest complaint is that we still haven't done anything about WR. If Floyd isn't the guy, so be it- just tell me who is. We are running out of time and opportunities to fill that spot. LT is a glaring hole as well, but I'll give them a pass on that because there wasn't anyone available worthy of 10.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Cool! enjoy the annual offensive ineptitude as the struggle to hit double digits!
No I don't enjoy it.

YOU DO. YOU LOVIE IT.. IT MAKES ME SICK.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
No I don't enjoy it.

YOU DO. YOU LOVIE IT.. IT MAKES ME SICK.
That doesn't make any sense.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 09:50 AM
you mad dude?
YES WE ARE PISSED BRO

k-oneputt
04-27-2012, 09:52 AM
People look at position rather than quality of player.

Half the people *****ing have never even seen the kid play.
except youtube.

ublinkwescore
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
...you think.

What's worse is that now that NE and NYJ have grabbed pass-rushers, we're forced to blow a pick on the O-Line, and further ignore the problems at WR.
WR is blurred between need and luxury pick.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 10:17 AM
That doesn't make any sense.
It makes perfect sense. WTF!

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 07:00 PM
That stomach virus has mysteriously reappeared.

mightysimi
04-27-2012, 07:36 PM
What if Floyd has 12 catches for 95 yards for the season? Does this all go away?

mikemac2001
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM

so you go and complain in your earlier thread shutup the draft was fine

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 07:44 PM
What if Floyd has 12 catches for 95 yards for the season? Does this all go away?

Yeah sure.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
so you go and complain in your earlier thread shutup the draft was fine
Did you want me to start a new one, scro?

mightysimi
04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah sure.

Because if there is one thing we know, 1st round picks never suck in their first year. Completely ridiculous scenario.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 07:51 PM
Who gives a ****?

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Because if there is one thing we know, 1st round picks never suck in their first year. Completely ridiculous scenario.

On the contrary, I expect Gilmore to get torched regularly.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I love being the bad guy

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I love being the bad guy
DO YOU?

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
DO YOU?
DON'T I?

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I think you do

Mr. Pink
04-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Happy now...you got a WR!

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Virtually the same guy as Hill too.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Happy now...you got a WR!

No, I've never heard of him...and we unnecessarily traded up to get him.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Virtually the same guy as Hill too.
7/10 trolljob

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah but you don't know anything about any of these guys

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah but you don't know anything about any of these guys
oh, and you do?

ServoBillieves
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM

Look, I feel bad for the mentally handicapped, but when they're allowed to post here, I just feel even worse when they think their opinion is important or relevant.

SHUT THE **** UP.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 08:49 PM
oh, and you do?
No Which is why I don't pass judgement like an idiot.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Look, I feel bad for the mentally handicapped, but when they're allowed to post here, I just feel even worse when they think their opinion is important or relevant.

SHUT THE **** UP.

No, YOU stfu. Just cause you happily accept everything that's going on it doesn't make you better. It makes you simple.

FACT: We passed on the most impactful player at #10 (Floyd)
FACT: We drafted a guard in the 2nd round
FACT: We traded up for a guy that was not going off the board anytime soon

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
No Which is why I don't pass judgement like an idiot.
Yeah, well I pass judgment and those judgments are almost always right.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah, well I pass judgment and those judgments are almost always right.
You are wrong 87% of the time. That is terrible

Marvelous
04-27-2012, 09:02 PM
I just wanted to say how grateful & fortunate I feel that I'm not some Noob who confuses Madden Franchise with real GM. BUt as much as I loved our 1st two picks I am depressed & feel the same way thread starter fealt about Floyd. IT's not that neither of my draft guides have this WR TJ Graham listed, it's that we selected a WR & a WR who's quality attribute is speed. Just because many think we need a speed-demon opposite Stevie,doesn't mean it's a fact! Because I 100% feel we need a clutch WR for stability & move chains etc..
---but unlike the lesser experiences fans who covet & crave sexy picks &/or big name players, I know we really needed LB depth and another CB & Lineman. I know it's not popular, but it's a fact that our secondary is probably the worst I've seen us ever have dated to 1988. I dunno Buddy Bix! I thought I did, but why would a smart old school football mind draft such a boom/bust player with the last pick we have of decent quality(3rd round).

"Floyd @ 10 ". good god!
-that doesn't work as a solution to the problems this roster faces. I'm sorry to TheZoners who had to even hear this juvenile P. O. V.....

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM
You are wrong 87% of the time. That is terrible
link?

Mr. Pink
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM

Oh because you've never heard of him he must not be any good, got it!

You are right on the trading up part to get him though, most likely.

He does fit a need though for the team, a burner at WR who can spread the field.

mayotm
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Hey BillsOverDolphins, any chance your physical illness is terminal?

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
link?
Too many to post...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-27-2012, 09:44 PM
lol
like step in front of a truck will ya :)
Lighten up its just a stupid draft
its not like we're lining these guys up to take a shot at heart surgery fer cryin out loud

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Oh, if you wanna go the personal route then tell your wife she broke her vegan diet when she swallowed my load

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh, if you wanna go the personal route then tell your wife she broke her vegan diet when she swallowed my load
Your loads are vegan dummy

mayotm
04-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Oh, if you wanna go the personal route then tell your wife she broke her vegan diet when she swallowed my loadPathetic.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Your loads are vegan dummy
Ok, b...I'll take your word for it:roflmao:

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Pathetic.
Yeah, wishing death upon people is.

You can dish it but you can't take it. No worries, scro...mental weakness can do that to people.

mayotm
04-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah, wishing death upon people is.

You can dish it but you can't take it. No worries, scro...mental weakness can do that to people.Pathetic.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Pathetic.
Pathetic.

Night Train
04-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Pathetic.

Conclusion - My cat has more football acumen than you.

Welcome to the world of Ignore

Find a cricket site.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 10:25 PM
Conclusion - My cat has more football acumen than you.

Welcome to the world of Ignore

Find a cricket site.

Good move, that way when I'm proven right again you won't have to face the truth.

Meathead
04-27-2012, 11:27 PM
relax they will definitely be taking a wr and ot in the first few rounds absolutely no doubt
:up: