Regardless of what you think about Gilmore, he'll be a good one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Regardless of what you think about Gilmore, he'll be a good one...

He'll be a good one because our D-line is going to make our secondary look legendary. They will probably make McToast look good this year!
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Regardless of what you think about Gilmore, he'll be a good one...

he just wasn't the sexy pick. You can never have enough quality CB's in this passing league

What I found funny is all the people overly concerned that we would reach for Barron or Kuechly, and we never even had a shot at those 2 without trading up.
    Last edited by ddaryl; 04-27-2012, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
      He'll be a good one because our D-line is going to make our secondary look legendary. They will probably make McToast look good this year!
      McToast will likely be on the bench unless he's cut before training camp as have to think in the pecking order he is at best #5 on our list of CBs but Justin Rodgers makes less money and might offer more upside and was drafted by this regime. All a good reason to show Leodis the door and added to the long list of poor 1st Round draft picks of the past.
      Last edited by The Jokeman; 04-27-2012, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Listening to Gilmore on WGR. Love his attitude. Said he loves hearing how the fans are great like a college atmosphere. Said he was very emotional about being drafted which is why he didn't smile. Very happy to be here.
        I think with plenty of OTs and WRs available for round 2 the Bills will have two very good players through the first two rounds.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman
          McToast will likely be on the bench unless he's cut before training camp as have to think in the pecking order he is at best #5 on our list of CBs but Justin Rodgers makes less money and might offer more upside and was drafting by this regime. All a good rest to show Leodis the door and added to the long list of poor 1st Round draft picks of the past.
          Leodis is going to get every opportunity in camp to make this team. He has to bring it or he won't make the 53.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by don137
            Listening to Gilmore on WGR. Love his attitude. Said he loves hearing how the fans are great like a college atmosphere. Said he was very emotional about being drafted which is why he didn't smile. Very happy to be here.
            I think with plenty of OTs and WRs available for round 2 the Bills will have two very good players through the first two rounds.
            Agree about his attitude and ethic. I thought this video was a nice example of his persona. Many people are too hyper-critical of TV reaction shots, etc.

Feature on South Carolina Gamecocks cornerback Stephon Gilmore from The Steve Spurrier Show

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

What I do like about Gilmore is his size. He's big for a corner, roughly the same size as Nate Clements give or take a couple of pounds.

Can he be the next Clements? remains to be seen, but he has a lot of upside. He loves to hit people. I'm not as disappointed in the pick as others because lets be honest, Kuechly and Barron are great prospects but not worth surrendering draft picks for. The Bills are set up for a pretty productive day 2 because they didn't decide to trade up, and actually reach on a guy that probably wouldn't have been that much better of a pick than Gilmore. I think he's going to be a good fit here when all is said and done. JMO
              Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

I like that Gilmore isnt afraid to lay into anyone.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                  I like that Gilmore isnt afraid to lay into anyone.
                  You have just pitched one into the wheelhouse...
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

I think that every TE / WR will hear footsteps over the middle, that's something we've drastically been lacking.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

Interesting thing I read about Gilmore: apparently he also had experience as a wildcat QB while at SC. Not that we don't have enough wildcat QBs on the roster already, but it makes the third-string QB competition that much tighter...

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

With 4.4 speed I wonder if they can send him on a surprise go route from time to time ...
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

good cb's can also make the DL look good. Kelsay could benefit from coverage sacks.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• baalworship
                            • May 2003

I'll take a good corner over a linebacker that doesn't rush the passer or a good safety any day of the week.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                              With 4.4 speed I wonder if they can send him on a surprise go route from time to time ...
                              Spiller, Version 2.0?
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X