PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 and 3 Mock

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 09:03 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/04/re-mock-day-2-round-2-3/

With Day 1 in the books, its time to pick up the pieces and look forward to Day 2 tonight with a re-mock. We go through all picks in Rounds 2 and 3 tell you who we think we will see get taken.

psubills62
04-27-2012, 09:06 AM
This is JMO, but I don't think Buffalo is touching Jeffery with a 12 foot pole, even if they wore gloves.

dannyek71
04-27-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm so sick of mock drafts.

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
This is JMO, but I don't think Buffalo is touching Jeffery with a 12 foot pole, even if they wore gloves.

I've heard that and the question I want to examine is why? He's a phenomenal talent, he has some focus issues, but given how bad his QB was that's to somewhat be expected.

He has every tool the Bills are looking for in a QB and the weight and character concerns are overblown based on people I've spoken to.

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM

This is my last one till Monday, I promise. :biggrin:

Skooby
04-27-2012, 09:13 AM

Ditto.

psubills62
04-27-2012, 09:17 AM
I've heard that and the question I want to examine is why? He's a phenomenal talent, he has some focus issues, but given how bad his QB was that's to somewhat be expected.

He has every tool the Bills are looking for in a QB and the weight and character concerns are overblown based on people I've spoken to.
Well, if they're drafting him to play QB...then definitely not. :up:

That said, and it's fine that there's a reason for the concerns about not giving full effort. I just believe those are the kinds of guys Buffalo always tend to avoid, whether there's a reason or not. Not giving full effort is a big issue.

I agree he's talented and if the Bills draft him, I have no problem with that, as I really want to upgrade our WR. I simply don't think the Bills will want him.

PTI
04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Would be great to get another talented WR, but I don't think it will be Jeffrey. I think they could go WR though. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they took Janoris Jenkins.

I think they trade back in to the 2nd round and take a QB.

WIth all the trades the new mocks are dart throwing. Just more crazy trading will happen today.

X-Era
04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
I'd rather go Martin then Fuller. And I'd be good with taking Broyles as our Parrish replacement and then getting a big WR later.

Truth be known I think Fuller might be there in the 4th.

I've always liked his game. Just didn't have that great of a senior season.

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 09:35 AM
I'd rather go Martin then Fuller. And I'd be good with taking Broyles as our Parrish replacement and then getting a big WR later.

Truth be known I think Fuller might be there in the 4th.

I've always liked his game. Just didn't have that great of a senior season.

I don't have the Bills taking Fuller...? That's the Dolphins pick.

ZAZusmc03
04-27-2012, 09:36 AM
What about Childs in the 3rd or 4th? Whats the likelyhood of that?

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 09:37 AM

Certainly possible but he had a very poor senior year due to health issues. He may finally be healthy now but nobody is quite sure.

ZAZusmc03
04-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Certainly possible but he had a very poor senior year due to health issues. He may finally be healthy now but nobody is quite sure.

I knew there was health issues, but didn't he have a decent showing at the combine or pro day? I think he could be a solid choice later in the draft if we don't decide to address the WR position early.

The Jokeman
04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
3rd is way too high. 4th still seems high too. I'd think 6th Round.

ZAZusmc03
04-27-2012, 09:44 AM
3rd is way too high. 4th still seems high too. I'd think 6th Round.

I assumed that would probably be too high, I wouldn't be upset at all if we got him in the 5th or 6th. I think he has everything we want at WR, but the injury concerns allow us to use a flyer in a later round. Just trying to throw a name out there that hasnt been talked about because of his down year.

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 09:46 AM
I knew there was health issues, but didn't he have a decent showing at the combine or pro day? I think he could be a solid choice later in the draft if we don't decide to address the WR position early.

Yea but you can't put too much into that.

dannyek71
04-27-2012, 10:14 AM
This is not to pick on you DB, but what % correct where all the "experts" right with picking the player, team and position they'd be taken in?

Other than 1-2, people were way off.

X-Era
04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't have the Bills taking Fuller...? That's the Dolphins pick.I know. I was saying I'd take Martin instead of Jeffery and then Fuller instead of Compton... And you have both Martin and Fuller on the board when we pick.

THRILLHO
04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
This mock almost seems too simple. We need a WR and an OT, so that what is mocked to us. How often does that happen?

That being said, I would love if we got both those positions in rounds 2 and 3 as you mocked it.

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 10:21 AM
This is not to pick on you DB, but what % correct where all the "experts" right with picking the player, team and position they'd be taken in?

Other than 1-2, people were way off.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/Mock.Draft.Scores/2012.shtml

Top guy got 12 picks right dead on. I had 8, Kiper had 7, Mayock had 5.

dannyek71
04-27-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/Mock.Draft.Scores/2012.shtml

Top guy got 12 picks right dead on. I had 8, Kiper had 7, Mayock had 5.

You accounted for trades?

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 10:57 AM
You accounted for trades?

Nope but those teams (CLE, MIN, JAX) all made trades but took players I had mocked to them so they counted.

dannyek71
04-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Nope but those teams (CLE, MIN, JAX) all made trades but took players I had mocked to them so they counted.

Not in my book. To each his own.

ct bills fan
04-27-2012, 11:04 AM
I don;t think the Bills would pick Alshon over Martin (or even Adams). I thin kthey take an OT in 2 and see whats left in 3 (Quixk maybe??)

TedMock
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Not in my book. To each his own.

How would you count those? If Cleveland takes Richardson at 3 instead of 4 is the mock flat wrong, or do you get half credit? Those are the rules of the game. It's not a matter of what you or I think. You play the game laid out by the huddle report. No grey area. It's all just for fun anyway. No "experts" in mock drafting because every team has a different board and it's impossible to know each board. People can watch film and evaluate talent and give their opinion. It is a100% different animal from turning around and doing a mock draft. Apples and oranges. This isn't aimed specifically at you, but I just don't get why so many here want to piss in a guy's cheerio's because he's having fun with something. It's no different than telling a guy who likes fishing that he's stupid because fishing is stupid and stop acting like you're a professional fisherman... C'mon already.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the write-up, DB. Hope to hell you're right about AJ in the 2nd. 'Twould be a shame to err 2 rounds in a row

cookie G
04-27-2012, 12:04 PM
I've heard that and the question I want to examine is why?

He's a phenomenal talent, he has some focus issues,

You just answered your own question.

but given how bad his QB was that's to somewhat be expected.

Oh now, it wouldn't cause him to gain 20 lbs.

Overblown is a cool choice of words, considering his eating habits.

I'll admit, I'd be pretty tempted. What he did isn't that unusual.

McGahee showed up fat one year and claimed he added weight for more power.

Lynch showed up out of shape one year and claimed it was to add power.

Both seemed to have learned their lesson, and haven't let themselves get back out of shape to date.

Tempting, but I wouldn't do it.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2012, 12:13 PM
I love how people who say they are sick of mock drafts still click on a thread that has "mock" in the title.

Morons.