X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Gilmore and Aaron Williams

When Wanny was with the fins, he had arguably the leagues top cb duo in Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain. Other notable players were Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. They were consantly in the top 10 Defensively.

I know, both Gilmore and Williams have yet to prove themselves but compare the fins' lineup then and what we have nowb and we're not looking bad on paper with Dareus, Kyle, Mario , Barnett.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • billsfootball1027
    • Jan 2010

Re: Gilmore and Aaron Williams

dude Aaron williams got torched by brady early in the season ....then the same game Williams got hurt.

Aaron williams has still a lot of work to do ..... you cant autmatically assume hes gonna be good.

Comment

• baalworship
      • May 2003

And I also love Byrd. We could use an upgrade at outside linebacker but other than that our D is pretty much set. No reason we can't aim for a top 10 Defense next year.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2003

Aaron Williams doesn't belong on any good list as of now...he hasn't done squat.

That being said, if we can grab Spence in the 3rd or 4th rd we'll be set on D.
        Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

The point of the thread is that we have some solid young CB's for Wanny to work with...Williams, Gilmore, Rogers is a pretty good trio that should be the core of our secondary for years.

Also, being torched by Brady on a couple plays doesnt exactly make you a bad CB, as there isnt a CB in the league, let alone a rookie, who hasnt.

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            I know, both Gilmore and Williams have yet to prove themselves
            I agree with the other posters. Gilmore and Williams haven't proven squat yet!

Oh wait, you already said that.

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

Brady has had numerous 400-500 yd games, 4-5 TD games, sets records non stop, and your going to use that game to bash Williams? You realize Brady completes hundreds of passes a year? You realize how many CBs that is?
              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• we are
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
                Aaron Williams doesn't belong on any good list as of now...he hasn't done squat.

done squat is quite an exaggeration.

at the end of the season last year he showed a ton of promise, if you don't think so then i wonder if you actually watched the games.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by we are
                  done squat is quite an exaggeration.

at the end of the season last year he showed a ton of promise, if you don't think so then i wonder if you actually watched the games.
                  no, it's not an exaggeration at all. Stay healthy and show you can start in this league for a year before i start singing your praises.
                  Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• we are
                    • Oct 2008

no, it's not an exaggeration at all. Stay healthy and show you can start in this league for a year before i start singing your praises.
                    Ok ill be sure to let Aaron know what he has to do before he can get your almighty praises.

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

So Aaron Williams was a rookie and he struggled a bit at times. Is there anyone who is surprised at this? Tom Brady has made a lot of cornerbacks look bad. Overall, when he wasn't injured, Aaron Williams had a pretty decent rookie season. If I remember, one of the few negatives on him was that he didn't flip his hips very fluidly when coming out of his backpedal. Other than that he's got a pretty good overall game. Stephon Gilmore isn't going to be perfect either, but I think they should end up being a pretty good tandem when they have worked the kinks out. I also believe Terrence McGee has some good football left in him even if he has a tough time staying healthy. Justin Rogers has the makings of a good nickel back. All together, I think we're in pretty good shape.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• streetkings01
                        • Jul 2006

Grab Spence?!?!? Last I checked we aint running Dick Jaurons Tampa 2.......so why would we want a 5'11 231lb LB? We'd be better off grabbing a guy like Nigel Bradham on day 3.
                        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TigerJ
                          So Aaron Williams was a rookie and he struggled a bit at times. Is there anyone who is surprised at this? Tom Brady has made a lot of cornerbacks look bad. Overall, when he wasn't injured, Aaron Williams had a pretty decent rookie season. If I remember, one of the few negatives on him was that he didn't flip his hips very fluidly when coming out of his backpedal. Other than that he's got a pretty good overall game. Stephon Gilmore isn't going to be perfect either, but I think they should end up being a pretty good tandem when they have worked the kinks out. I also believe Terrence McGee has some good football left in him even if he has a tough time staying healthy. Justin Rogers has the makings of a good nickel back. All together, I think we're in pretty good shape.

I love Gilmore-Williams-Rogers. Rogers did one thing our CBs never do, play the ball! I saw him get beat and full spread dive and deflect the ball to the WR and prevent a TD. Never saw him majorly outa position. Williams did what you would expect out of a second round CB. Did well, but good QBs took advantage. Hell be wayy better this year, and McKelvin is the biggest bust since well maybin sadly...
                          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by we are
                            Ok ill be sure to let Aaron know what he has to do before he can get your almighty praises.
                            Thanks, my criteria (earning a starting spot and staying healthy) is not much to ask for from a 2nd-rd pick, but there's obviously low standards here.
                            Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                              Grab Spence?!?!? Last I checked we aint running Dick Jaurons Tampa 2.......so why would we want a 5'11 231lb LB? We'd be better off grabbing a guy like Nigel Bradham on day 3.

Tank Carder. I always see people putting him with the bills on mocks, and from what ive read and seen, hed be a good pick in the 5th-6th

Comment

Working...
                              X