PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix and not trading down

kingJofNYC
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Buddy hates to trade down, and his response to questions about trading down is always, you're not guaranteed to get the guy you want even if you think he's going to be there later.

Rams were screwed repeatedly because of trades. Jags took their guy Blackmon, they traded down and the Eagles traded up to take the guy they wanted (Cox).

Now this morning I read they had AJ Jenkins and Floyd graded equally and they can't get him. Sat on the picks and didn't move into the first to get their guy.

Guess the lesson is to be aggressive or just stay still, move around too much and you can miss the boat.

ddaryl
04-27-2012, 12:49 PM
I imagine if you have multiple options that are relatively equal in value then moving down would be more of a possibility for Nix

@ 10 there was no other option. Gilmore was the pick

EDS
04-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Buddy hates to trade down, and his response to questions about trading down is always, you're not guaranteed to get the guy you want even if you think he's going to be there later.

Rams were screwed repeatedly because of trades. Jags took their guy Blackmon, they traded down and the Eagles traded up to take the guy they wanted (Cox).

Now this morning I read they had AJ Jenkins and Floyd graded equally and they can't get him. Sat on the picks and didn't move into the first to get their guy.

Guess the lesson is to be aggressive or just stay still, move around too much and you can miss the boat.

Rams are going to be fine, they have three second round picks including the first pick in round 2.

stuckincincy
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM

STL was near the top of the draft, and they decided to deal their spot away. If they feel screwed, they should buy a mirror and take a long look.