PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix is no longer a straight shooter

Philagape
04-27-2012, 08:47 PM
He said they had a starting LT in Hairston. Now he says "We've been trying to get a guy that can be a starting lfet tackle in this league, thought Glenn could be that way" (Jeff Russo tweet)

He said Martin was the BPA going into the second round. Then he passes on him for another tackle.

Subterfuge is part of the game, I know. But no one can say again about Buddy that what you hear is what you get.

baalworship
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
He also said believe in less than 20% of what you hear. Believe him on that.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-27-2012, 08:51 PM
When was he ever considered a straight shooter?

Philagape
04-27-2012, 09:00 PM
When was he ever considered a straight shooter?

I hear it quite frequently. Here's one:

Buddy Nix, the straight shooter

Most NFL GM's and coaches like to use smokescreens on who their teams are looking at in the draft. But not Bills GM Buddy Nix. Since Nix took the job as Bills GM, he has been a straight shooter with the media, and the fans.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/15126

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
He actually has been fairly straighforward, if you listen to him

It was clear they wanted Gilmore and preferred Glenn to Martin based on interviews in the prior weeks. It was also clear they were taking a LT in round 2

Cali512
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Nix never actually said that. He said we have a LT in Hairston that could play and win games for us. How did you get that Martin was the BPA info?

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2012, 10:05 PM
What happened to BPA Buddy? Trade up for some track star receiver? Stupid.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
He's no longer on the wagon either, after the last pick

Night Train
04-27-2012, 10:08 PM
We do get banjo music and lots of moonshine references. So I'm happy about that.

EVERYONE lies at this time of year. All part of the dance. Nix is AOK in my book.

kingJofNYC
04-27-2012, 10:09 PM
You guys act like he gave up the world to move up, it was a 7th.

Yeah, I don't like the pick either but what the **** do I know, and trading up is a non-issue if you only lose a 7th

If someone took Victor Cruz in the 3rd they would've been killed, yet he's turned into one the better WRs. I'm not saying Graham will be or won't be, I don't know. They see something in him. Lets hope day 3 is better than round 3.

Won't stop people from complaining though.

Night Train
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Won't stop people from complaining though.
It gets attention and reaffirms their coolness.

psubills62
04-27-2012, 10:27 PM
What happened to BPA Buddy? Trade up for some track star receiver? Stupid.
It's BPA if that's the best player on THEIR board. If you want to email them your board, I'm sure you're welcome to do so.

justasportsfan
04-27-2012, 11:11 PM
On if Glenn is a guard:
BN: No he’s not a guard. He started 50 games, the last 16 was left tackle. We put it out there, we tried to spread the rumor that he was a guard and hope somebody wouldn’t take him.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcript-Nix--Gailey-Recap-Rounds-Two-and-Three/580e1389-a621-47b8-a778-aee9a3924aee

better days
04-27-2012, 11:20 PM
He said they had a starting LT in Hairston. Now he says "We've been trying to get a guy that can be a starting lfet tackle in this league, thought Glenn could be that way" (Jeff Russo tweet)

He said Martin was the BPA going into the second round. Then he passes on him for another tackle.

Subterfuge is part of the game, I know. But no one can say again about Buddy that what you hear is what you get.

Well, I don't know what you are talking about. I have been saying on this board for quite a while that Nix LIKED Glenn & if the Bills drafted OL, Glenn would be the pick.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2012, 11:46 PM
It's BPA if that's the best player on THEIR board. If you want to email them your board, I'm sure you're welcome to do so.

They could have had him in the 5th. Bunch of dumb asses.