PDA

View Full Version : Ingtar and Draftboy can we get your takes one rounds 1-3

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
I trust you guys. Not the rest of these bum posters.

Ginger Vitis
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM

Draftboy has already written on his site the Graham pick was a huge reach and a bad pick

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Draftboy has already written on his site the Graham pick was a huge reach and a bad pick
GET OUT OF HERE BUM......

Ed
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
What? You don't trust me? But I've read a bunch of Todd McShay's scouting reports and watched some videos on youtube.

It's not that hard to grade the Bills draft. You just fall in love with a couple guys you really like for whatever stupid reason you made up in your head and then just hate anyone else that the Bills pick.

We didn't draft the guy I wanted even though I don't know the first thing about evaluating football prospects! F!

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 09:48 PM
What? You don't trust me? But I've read a bunch of Todd McShay's scouting reports and watched some videos on youtube.

It's not that hard to grade the Bills draft. You just fall in love with a couple guys you really like for whatever stupid reason you made up in your head and then just hate anyone else that the Bills pick.

We didn't draft the guy I wanted even though I don't know the first thing about evaluating football prospects! F!
You can stay in this thread.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Good until Round 3.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
I laughed heartily.

Ingtar33
04-27-2012, 10:13 PM
I understood the first pick. The Bills needed someone who might one day be able to cover an elite WR, and there was no one on the roster who could do that. They felt Gilmore could turn into that player. I'm alright with the pick.

The second pick was very nice, we got a bit lucky he fell to us, but i'll take that type of luck every day of the week. He looks like a LT to me, so i'm not sure why people are talking guard. He'll start day one (at one of the tackle spots).

Round three was curious to me. They clearly like his skill as a returner. McGee, McKelvin and Jackson are all no goes at returner, so this pick fills that need. They wanted the speed, to threaten the deep ball, so i can see that as well. But this kid reminds me more of James Jett then DeShawn Jackson. If anything we should consider ourselves lucky if he gives us James Jett's production in his rookie year. I don't see that happening but stranger things have happened. I can't say I've seen a lot of him, but the little I've seen and heard makes me puzzled we grabbed him here. Which makes me think the Bills felt like rolling the dice and taking a flier on his speed, and seeing if he'll round into a Lee Evans/DeShawn Jackson type; confident his ability as a kick returner was needed enough to make the gamble on the rest a rational and low risk one. Not the choice i would have made, I would have gone another direction. Only time will tell.

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
C, A+, F

Those were the grades I gave them.

Gilmore I've been over.

Glenn is a fantastic pick and surprise to fall to us.

Graham is a bit of a mystery. He's a very fast WR who has good return ability but doesn't catch the ball that well (body catcher) runs sub par routes, and isn't a big target. I understand he's the Parrish replacement but with guys like Hilton, Wright, or Adams on the board you don't reach for Graham.

We had Graham ranked as undraftable.

Bill Cody
04-27-2012, 11:03 PM
But this kid reminds me more of James Jett then DeShawn Jackson. If anything we should consider ourselves lucky if he gives us James Jett's production in his rookie year.

Probably right. Jackson is probably the image Nix has in his mind for upside though for those complaining about size. TJ is much more of a raw prospect than Jackson as a receiver but he could be a game changer as a returner. <shrug>

Turf
04-27-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't get the whole trading up part to get him. Did they really think someone else was going to nab this guy in front of them? Makes little sense to me.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't get the whole trading up part to get him. Did they really think someone else was going to nab this guy in front of them? Makes little sense to me.
Well it is obvious they thought that and a seventh isn't much

Novacane
04-28-2012, 12:15 AM

Why would trust the only guy in the world who had Gilmore as the 8th best corner in the draft?

acehole
04-28-2012, 01:15 AM
I disagree. He is a tough lil bastard and he is fast.
If he can get past the jam he can go on crossing routes ala Welker...I would have liked more size but they had this guy pegged and they must have needed him to help run Chans offence....allthough I agree they may have not had to give up a seventh round pick to get him...so what.

C, A+, F

Gilmore I've been over.

Graham is a bit of a mystery. He's a very fast WR who has good return ability but doesn't catch the ball that well (body catcher) runs sub par routes, and isn't a big target. I understand he's the Parrish replacement but with guys like Hilton, Wright, or Adams on the board you don't reach for Graham.

Oaf
04-28-2012, 01:35 AM
C, A+, F

Gilmore I've been over.

I posted this in the other thread, but, why do you think the Bills traded up for a player that you believe could only be drafted with a failure of judgement (hence, an "F")? Do you consider them only semi-intelligent? Or perhaps they know something your team doesn't?

MattyNH
04-28-2012, 06:55 AM
I posted this in the other thread, but, why do you think the Bills traded up for a player that you believe could only be drafted with a failure of judgement (hence, an "F")? Do you consider them only semi-intelligent? Or perhaps they know something your team doesn't?

I almost just started a thread with this exact question. It is fine to believe the BIlls had a guy ranked higher than conventional wisdom. Why you trade up for that guy is really odd on the surface. There has to be a reason.

Night Train
04-28-2012, 07:05 AM
I trust actual scouts like Ourlads.

We're all fan/bum posters here, no matter how hard we sell ourselves otherwise.

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Who are the teams that they traded over to get Graham? Were they in the market for a WR or a return man or just the type of team that likes speed? I know Al Davis is gone, but he was a guy who ALWAYS took a guy with speed, and he wasn't the only one to do it, just the only one to do it in the first. If this guys speed is truley elite, taking him with a third couldnt hurt.

I'm sure draftboy would have given the Beebe pick an F too back in the day. :D

Skooby
04-28-2012, 07:27 AM
2 things here, anyone named TJ can run really fast / the guy is a rocket.

Ingtar33
04-28-2012, 10:24 AM

I don't think that's the point we're making. I said it was curious. I mean i can see the process that leads to that pick. I'm not sure i would have done the same thing.

sidenote: questioning the decisions of the Bills FO makes a lot of sense when you look at their track record since 1998. I don't think it's a sign of ignorance or arrogance to do so, as they've been pretty bad by any measuring stick you use. When many of the guys on this board would have pulled off better drafts over the last decade then the Bills front office, you know the credibility of the FO is pretty much shot. The early returns from Nix's drafts haven't shown much improvement in that record of failure either.

BTW: The trading of the pick to move up 2 picks in round 3 for a 7th is so inconsequential it doesn't enter into the discussion for me (it looked like the move of a bored GM/owner who wants to go home quicker then anything significant to me... I've seen that happen)

The last buffalo fan
04-28-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't know **** about college football, but he is now a Buffalo Bills player until our brilliant FO said he is not.