PDA

View Full Version : Mayock Made A Film Blunder When Showing Glenn To Prove is Incorrect Point

Night Train
04-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Tried to show Glenn getting beat bad in a Senior Bowl drill, then him making a good block to redeem himself. Went on to say the bad film showed his lack of feet and RT or Guard looks like his future.

Only the guy in the film getting beat...was #72 Jeff Allen of Illinois.

The guy making the good blocks was #71 Glenn.

Good job, Mayock. Eveyone else sitting there stayed silent, knowing he blew it. :up:

methos4ever
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Tried to show Glenn getting beat bad in a Senior Bowl drill, then him making a good block to redeem himself. Went on to say the bad film showed his lack of feet and RT or Guard looks like his future.

Only the guy in the film getting beat...was #72 Jeff Allen of Illinois.

The guy making the good blocks was #71 Glenn.

Good job, Mayock. Eveyone else sitting there stayed silent, knowing he blew it. :up:
I noticed that too when watching the replay on NFLN. It's doubly funny, considering how Glenn handled Coples and co at the Senior Bowl in addition to losing battles to them as well.

BloFan4Life
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Ever since Mayock has been getting more TV time, he has gone down hill. He has turned into a talking head instead of a scout.

Night Train
04-28-2012, 04:38 AM
Glenn was regarded as the star of the week at the Senior Bowl practices. Must have read that on several sites... and that body of work completed what the Bills had seen on his game film. He was putting it all together at LT.

I remember recording those works and never saw him get beat once. So when Mayock claimed he had some film of him getting beat, I could clearly see the Illini helmet, #72 and Allen on the back of the jersey. ( Glenn was #71 )

Glenn never got beat and was flat out dominant that week. Unreal that someone didn't edit that and help point out that mistake to Mayock.

I've been watching film of him in various games. He was obviously putting it all together as the season was winding down and the Senior Bowl erased all doubt.

Maybe Mayocks film blunder helped him drop, since he was showing this for a while. If so, lucky us.

Very pleased with that pick. Looks like a 2nd round steal.

Goobylal
04-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Great catch, Night Train! I didn't care about the clip even when I thought it was Glenn because positional drills are artificial. But nice to know it was bogus all the same.

And considering Glenn was playing LT at 345# last year and not 325-330# like the years before, he'll only get quicker when he loses 15-20#.

Skooby
04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Mayock has his moments, just less of them lately. I watched that & thought the whiskey had confused me, eventually that happens.

ddaryl
04-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Arguably the 2nd best LT option in this draft. Bigger and stronger then Martin,

When I listened to Nix talk about OT's before the draft, there was something about the way he talked about Glenn that had me believing Glenn was always their target after Kalil.

and the guy has always liked the Bills if his post draft quote is to be believed, so bonus points for Glenn

ThunderGun
04-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Mayock did say that, although he doesn't see him as a LT, he thinks he'll be a really good RT or a probowl Guard. If that's his floor, then its a great pick.