PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 and 3 Grades

DraftBoy
04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/04/rounds-2-3-grades/

Fair warning I gave Glenn an A+ and Graham a F.

BillsOverDolphins
04-27-2012, 10:53 PM

BloFan4Life
04-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I am more interested in your grades from previous drafts

Oaf
04-28-2012, 01:32 AM
Why do you think the Bills traded up for a player you think could only be drafted with a failure of judgement (hence, an "F")? Do you consider them only semi-intelligent?

more cowbell
04-28-2012, 03:59 AM
th

Fair warning I gave Glenn an A+ and Graham a F.

Sorry. You're incorrect. Just because Graham wasn't projected by ESPN and NFL Network as a 3rd rd pick, doesn't mean he sucks.

Do some research online and you'll see plenty of scouts and analysts are stating that this guy needs some polishing, however has the potential to be a very solid #2 down the line.

Could the guy end up sucking? sure...so could Gilmore AND Glenn...

Buddo
04-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Heart ruling head perhaps?

I'm not so sure that you should be giving an 'F' to someone yet tbh.

I'd also say that it would seem that the 'wtf' moments, in later rounds, haven't worked out so bad. Jairus Byrd anyone?

I don't know if you've watched the Nix/Gailey Day 2 wrap up, but if you do, or have done, how do you feel about it in the light of their comments?

Positionally, we have done well, in respect of addressing needs, while also getting players we wanted, it seems to me. As always, the success of the draft will have to play itself out on the field, but from the pov of dotting I's and crossing T's in our positional needs, so far the job done looks good.

Night Train
04-28-2012, 05:20 AM
See you in 3 year with grades that matter.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-28-2012, 05:37 AM
Wow... LOTS of crappy grades for round 3

alohabillsfan
04-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Just go away...

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2012, 06:50 AM
What is wrong with DBs analysis? He actually puts a lot of work into it unlike most of you bums!!!

DB why do you think the Bills traded up for graham? Is it possible he was more highly touted than expected? I don't care that they gave up a seventh.

Extremebillsfan247
04-28-2012, 07:56 AM

Fair warning I gave Glenn an A+ and Graham a F.I have to agree with that. What happened to "We can get our Stevie Johnson in the 6th or 7th round" that Nix was touting during pressers? Not that I think like you do as far as Graham's talent level. I'm no scout. I'm going purely on surface representation.The Bills panicked in the 3rd. That's what it looked like to me. No one even touched a receiver for the next 14 picks when Sanu eventually came off the board. The Bills could have taken Graham at 71 and it wouldn't have cost them a draft pick. That's my point. Nix went against his own philosophy for this receiver, that's why it gets an F from me. I sure hope that receiver turns out to be worth it. JMO

ddaryl
04-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Well you never had Graham listed high so you stayed true to your scouting

Lots of others thought Graham was a 3rd rd prospect.

ParanoidAndroid
04-28-2012, 08:11 AM
He is full speed immediately after he receives the kickoff and I think he has value there, but as a receiver, I'm skeptical. It looked too easy to bump him off his route. Maybe he's thinking he's at a track meet and doesn't expect the contact. I think he can get open and I like his quicks, but he has to get a bit stronger and more physical to survive in the NFL.

Jan Reimers
04-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Graham may not be a big name, but he is the type of receiver the Bills need. He has decent size and he's very fast. He will stretch the field and keep defenses honest. He's raw, but has a big upside.

Only time will tell, though, whether he is the actual receiver the Bills have lacked, or just the type.

acehole
04-28-2012, 08:16 AM
I am more interested in your grades from previous drafts

Indeed bring them to me in PDF with me breakfast.

Cheeves fetch my slippers.

Indeed.

Skooby
04-28-2012, 08:21 AM
McKelvin lost his job twice in this draft.

DraftBoy
04-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Guys look Im not going to respond to each one of you because its the same arguments from the other thread that I've already explained.

The grade is based on the rankings, and to some degree team need. For Graham, we had him ranked well down the WR rankings and that includes below another few slot options (Wright, Adams, Hilton, etc.). We had him as undraftable because while he's a solid return man he is very limited as a WR with his inconsistent hands, poor routes, and low football IQ. His speed is phenomenal but fast guys aren't the end all be all, just ask the Raiders.

Can Graham develop into a Lee Evans type? Sure, maybe, but I don't see it. He struggles to get off press coverage (8 bench reps), isn't a great route runner, and doesn't track the ball like Lee did. He's a Roscoe replacement and given our other options he was not my first choice.

And that in the end is the point, this is my grade, off my board for every team. Could I miss on all 750 of them? Yup, and Ill admit when they prove it or in 5 years when I do the re-eval. However any analyst, scout, or draft basement guy worth his salt will tell you that if you don't trust or believe in your board you have no reason to be doing this.

If you disagree that's fine, I completely understand, but at least try and understand why the grade is where it is. Also keep in mind that one grade or one pick does not kill a whole draft. The Bills have had three selections of the nine total they have. One solid pick, one great pick, and one poor pick (based on my eval), that's a strong start. Today and tomorrow are the days we finish up strong with our last 6 picks and our UDFA haul.