PDA

View Full Version : The next few rounds

psubills62
04-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Here's a link to my predictions for this year. (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=211326)

Not sure I have easily accessible proof in posts on BZ, but I've been saying for a while now that WR, CB, and OT would be our first three picks (not necessarily in that order).

Basically, based on my analysis, Nix is following his trends to a "T". The only time Nix picked an OT in the first three rounds (prior to this year) was when McNeill went in the 2nd. That was a bit of an outlier, but considering 3 total OT's were picked that year, I have to believe SD had a significant need at OT, just like we have this year. Which would explain why OT was picked so early this year as well.

For anyone sick of drafting CB's - get used to it. Nix loves first round CB's.

So what's going to happen in round 4-7? Considering the evidence, I think we'll see:

LB (2)
OT (1)
WR (1)
DB (1)

And maybe a QB late. The WR will also probably come later than the other picks.

I'm excited to see how it plays out. Still plenty of picks to fill out the roster.

Stewie
04-27-2012, 11:53 PM
Here's a link to my predictions for this year. (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=211326)

Not sure I have easily accessible proof in posts on BZ, but I've been saying for a while now that WR, CB, and OT would be our first three picks (not necessarily in that order).

Basically, based on my analysis, Nix is following his trends to a "T". The only time Nix picked an OT in the first three rounds (prior to this year) was when McNeill went in the 2nd. That was a bit of an outlier, but considering 3 total OT's were picked that year, I have to believe SD had a significant need at OT, just like we have this year. Which would explain why OT was picked so early this year as well.

For anyone sick of drafting CB's - get used to it. Nix loves first round CB's.

So what's going to happen in round 4-7? Considering the evidence, I think we'll see:

LB (2)
OT (1)
WR (1)
DB (1)

And maybe a QB late. The WR will also probably come later than the other picks.

I'm excited to see how it plays out. Still plenty of picks to fill out the roster.

Ever since I read your post about what positions buddy valued and when, I was telling people I thought CB, WR and OT. They did not know I had a secret statistics weapon.

Meathead
04-28-2012, 12:02 AM
pssh i dont have any statistics and i coulda told you that

and since they have six picks left i would add dt to that list

kingJofNYC
04-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Hope we take a LB early, wouldn't mind a WR or CB.

X-Era
04-28-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm looking at a few guys that I think we have a real shot at taking:

DeQuan Menzie- CB, Ala
Tank Carder- LB, TCU
Audie Cole- LB, NC State
Kirk Cousins- QB, Mich St.
Jeff Fuller- WR, Tex A&M
Greg Childs- WR, Ark
Tommy Streeter- WR, Miami
Ronnell Lewis- OLB, Okl
Travis Lewis- OLB, Okl
Alfonso Dennard- CB, Neb
Brandon Boykin- CB, Geo
Shaun Prater- CB, Iowa
Chase Minnefield- CB, Vir
Matt Reynolds- OT, BYU
Andrew Datko- OT, Fla St
Zebrie Sanders- OT, Fla St

ZacGriffi~82
04-28-2012, 01:12 AM
I REALLY want Carder.

Oaf
04-28-2012, 02:11 AM
I can pretty much assure 1 more CB and 1 more OT. With the remaining 4, I plan to see an OLB (hopefully one of the 4ths), a WR, a QB, and a DL.

Buddo
04-28-2012, 06:12 AM
If he's still there when we pick, I'd expect Tank Carder to be the next pick. He's visited and seems like a fit.
We obviously also need some LB depth.

SquishDaFish
04-28-2012, 06:19 AM
I want Cousins

alohabillsfan
04-28-2012, 06:44 AM
I would not rule out a TE in the 5th Green ot Talyor

psubills62
04-28-2012, 10:43 AM
pssh i dont have any statistics and i coulda told you that

and since they have six picks left i would add dt to that list
Haha, reasonable enough. Picking the positions isn't too difficult, and I'm sure people thought that even without the analysis. That's fine. I just enjoy being right with or without the analysis :up:

psubills62
04-28-2012, 10:44 AM
I would not rule out a TE in the 5th Green ot Talyor
Possible, but Nix only drafted 2 TE's in 8 years at San Diego. I'd personally love to upgrade the position and get a stud, but I don't think Nix prioritizes the position much.

X-Era
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd be real happy if we landed Cousins, Carder, Boykin, Childs, and Cole.

psubills62
04-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Mid-round LB? Check.

psubills62
04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Day 3 DB? Check.

Update predictions (4 picks left):
LB (1)
OT (1)
WR (1)
QB (1)

The QB is the one I'm not quite sure about. Might double up on DB's today, might double up on OT's, might take a flier on another position. Still confident in the first three though.

psubills62
04-28-2012, 01:25 PM
OT, check.

psubills62
04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
LB, check.

Now just WR and then it's anyone's guess.