PDA

View Full Version : Tj Graham

acehole
04-28-2012, 09:13 AM
T j Graham -

Is he Ted ginn or Tory holt?

His combine could be ignored but it wasn't by bills.
He ran change of direction drills which is very important
For a wideout like no other. Bills are one of those teams
That don't forget about special teams. Kick off are less
Important these days but field position on punts is crucial.

The problem with smaller speedsters is that they can't get
Off the line of scrimmage. They get shoved and jammed
And they can't get a clean release. The one thing about
Tj that stands out is how tough he is. Strong and fast.
That allows guys like welker to get off the line and make
Plays. He isn't a polished route runner but he dent need
The whole route tree as a slot guy. Crossing routes and
Seam routes would be plenty right now. On 3 4 5 wr sets
He would and could be deadly as well and will make it
Difficult to put 8 in the box in any formation. He is a quality guy who works
Hard. He will have to be well coached to be a good slot guy
But he can contribute on special teams and 3 4 5 wr sets
From day one. Nobody is going to care if we lost a 7th rounder
Or if he was picked a round higher if he can fill that welker roll.
His impact may not be felt either as his presence on the field will
Open things up for the run game without ever catching the ball.
As a hot receiver he could be equally as deadly. At very least
I doubt you can call a good return man a bust. Getting 20 extra
Yards out of a punt that has potential to go all the way whenever
He gets his hand on the ball is worth the roster spot.

we are
04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Hopefully he's somewhere in-between.

Ginn in the third isn't all that bad tho.

MikeInRoch
04-28-2012, 09:30 AM
He's automatically not Tedd Ginn because we didn't waste a top-10 pick on him.

Jan Reimers
04-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Graham is not small. He's almost 6' and about 190 lbs. I'm not sure why many people are thinking he's a Parrish type. He's not.

wmoz11
04-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Greg Cosell ‏ <s>@</s>gregcosell (https://twitter.com/#%21/gregcosell)

Ode to Bills fans: Graham most vertically explosive WR in draft. Both short area burst + top end speed. Cons: Small frame. Raw route runner.

Luisito23
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure why many people are thinking he's a Parrish type.

He has speed, so that automatically classifies him as a Parrish clone.

mrbojanglezs
04-28-2012, 09:44 AM

I don't agree... Parrish was a more shifty quick short burst kind of buy. He was more slippery...

If anything he is a hybrid lee evans roscoe. He has good deep speed like evans but he isn't afraid to go over the middle like roscoe.

better days
04-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Graham is not small. He's almost 6' and about 190 lbs. I'm not sure why many people are thinking he's a Parrish type. He's not.

And Parish was productive with Chan as his HC when healthy. I think Chan will know how to use Graham to take advantage of his skills.

acehole
04-28-2012, 09:52 AM

He is more of a burner not a possesion type and he is listed at 5-11.

wmoz11
04-28-2012, 10:00 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3nC4yMyC3Xw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oaf
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Cosell: Ode to Bills fans: Graham most vertically explosive WR in draft. Both short area burst + top end speed. Cons: Small frame. Raw route runner.

Parrish + Evans.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2012, 10:20 AM
hes a cross between dedric ward and roscoe parrish, but hes almost 6-0...

the dude can fly, should help draw attention away from johnson, nelson, jones...

Forward_Lateral
04-28-2012, 10:24 AM
He's Roscoe Parrish if you add 6inches and 50 pounds to Roscoe.

Skooby
04-28-2012, 10:37 AM
If we do a 5 WR set & he's out there with SJ / Easley, it'll be lights out. Anyone who doesn't see this guy might be a monster needs to look again. Yeah he's raw & sometime runs the wrong way but opposing defenses had to foul him to stop him, if they didn't he torched them.

I like the pick much more after doing some research, he wasn't on the expect to draft list this early.

X-Era
04-28-2012, 10:47 AM
He's a guy that can play on the outside but also could excel in the slot. He's a candidate for be our replacement for Parrish on returns.

I like the speed and decent size. Though he's not a possession receiver. He's a guy that will get separation and can burn you deep. We really don't have a player like that... maybe Easley.

It's interesting because we heard Nix talking about the LT spot. He kept talking about having the protection to throw down field. And getting a burner makes me wonder if they want to start throwing deeper more.

Skooby
04-28-2012, 10:51 AM
He's a guy that can play on the outside but also could excel in the slot. He's a candidate for be our replacement for Parrish on returns.

I like the speed and decent size. Though he's not a possession receiver. He's a guy that will get separation and can burn you deep. We really don't have a player like that... maybe Easley.

It's interesting because we heard Nix talking about the LT spot. He kept talking about having the protection to throw down field. And getting a burner makes me wonder if they want to start throwing deeper more.

Glenn was brought in to give Fitz more time to throw, so all of this is making sense. I'll assume we'll focus more on the O-line & getting huge meat upfront, securing the lines is a priority this season.

ddaryl
04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
He turned some heads at the senior bowl....

Cali512
04-28-2012, 11:27 AM
We have our defense, our OL of the future, and our down the field threat. If he can be just that, this is a great draft

acehole
04-28-2012, 11:32 AM
There has been a run on this type of receiver after our pick,...the rest of the league seem to value speed. So to the folks who said he would last...don't think that would have been case....next pick comming

mysticsoto
04-28-2012, 11:48 AM

The only thing that worries me about going deeper is Fitz' accuracy...

Beebe's Kid
04-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Easley can't burn people on the IR, and Parrish was replaced on returns. At the end of the year Rodgers looked good, so did McKelvin. Although we do have a new CB, so it only makes sense that we cut McKelvin.

Why wouldn't the Bills want to throw deeper more? Are you really wondering if that is the case?

Is this pick really a head scratcher?

I am going to have to visit my big board and some game tape, and wonder why they wanted to get a fast receiver. There are multiple theories, and endless analysis that we can apply to this. It couldn't be that they think this guy can help them score points...there is always more to it than that. How long are this guy's arms? Is he too fast for a receiver? Do we have to cut another fast player immediately? He has to be Roscoe's replacement, because what are we going to do without Roscoe?

So many fascinating reasons to dissect what they were thinking by taking a decent sized, fast WR. It becomes even more fascinating when we consider that we used to have a few guys who were similar on the roster, but we don't have them anymore. Why would we do this?

ddaryl
04-28-2012, 12:00 PM
The only thing that worries me about going deeper is Fitz' accuracy...

OT/OL upgrades and some luck with health up front should give Fitz the extra second he needs to throw a better long ball.

Plus trying to heave a football 40- 50 yds with broken ribs has to be painful.

SABURZFAN
04-28-2012, 12:03 PM
i think this guy was a big time reach.