PDA

View Full Version : Draft Head Scratchers: Things that make you go "Huh?"

Forward_Lateral
04-28-2012, 10:28 AM
There was 2 for me yesterday. The first was the Detroit Lions selecting a WR in the 2nd round. Not only did they draft a position that they really don't need, they drafted a guy who just tore his ACL in November.

The other was Jacksonville drafting a punter in round 3. A punter. What? That was probably one of the most shocking picks I can remember. Buffalo leapfrogging them to get a WR who would've been there when they picked also made me scratch my head, until I saw that all they gave up was a 7th rounder.

What are your head scratchers?

Ingtar33
04-28-2012, 10:30 AM
the Cards skipping out on taking O-line blew my mind. Floyd is nice, but their line is so bad it doesn't matter how many weapons they have on offense, their QBs will be lucky to make it to week 4 with that line, and those WRs will be lucky to get to 50 catches next year, with all the heat their signal callers will get.

the Eagles drafting like they were NFC champs, ignoring their myriad of issues was strange too.

Ed
04-28-2012, 10:33 AM
The Broncos taking Derek Wolfe with their first pick in the 2nd left all the local radio guys here in Denver kind of shocked and scratching their heads.

we are
04-28-2012, 10:34 AM
the Cards skipping out on taking O-line blew my mind. Floyd is nice, but their line is so bad it doesn't matter how many weapons they have on offense, their QBs will be lucky to make it to week 4 with that line, and those WRs will be lucky to get to 50 catches next year, with all the heat their signal callers will get.

the Eagles drafting like they were NFC champs, ignoring their myriad of issues was strange too.

The eagles used their first two picks on their biggest needs...what more should they have done?

mjt328
04-28-2012, 10:35 AM

I thought the Eagles have had an excellent draft.
How have they not focused on their issues?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
derek wolfe, bruce irvin, tavon wilson

Skooby
04-28-2012, 10:46 AM
I thought the Rams taking Jenkins this early was a shock, the dude was kicked off his college team after 2 pot busts. I think that's a pretty big character flaw & Deion Sanders said everyone can't be a choir boy. They don't have to have criminal activities & then get drafted real early either.

clumping platelets
04-28-2012, 11:01 AM
T J Graham

mrbojanglezs
04-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Jax punter in 3rd round

MikeInRoch
04-28-2012, 11:26 AM
I'll add Washington taking a second QB with their third pick in the draft.

Skooby
04-28-2012, 11:27 AM
I'll add Washington taking a second QB with their third pick in the draft.

Lol, I'm shocked as well.

Ed
04-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Poor RGIII. They trade all those picks away to get him and now the few picks they do have, they're not even getting him any help.

YardRat
04-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Bronco's picks in general, not just Wolfe.
Patriot's taking Wilson.
Irvin in the first.
Graham for us.

SABURZFAN
04-28-2012, 12:08 PM
There was 2 for me yesterday. The first was the Detroit Lions selecting a WR in the 2nd round. Not only did they draft a position that they really don't need, they drafted a guy who just tore his ACL in November.

The other was Jacksonville drafting a punter in round 3. A punter. What? That was probably one of the most shocking picks I can remember. Buffalo leapfrogging them to get a WR who would've been there when they picked also made me scratch my head, until I saw that all they gave up was a 7th rounder.

What are your head scratchers?

the Bills taking a WR in the 3rd round who could have been there MUCH later in the draft.

Beebe
04-28-2012, 12:12 PM
the Bills taking a WR in the 3rd round who could have been there MUCH later in the draft.

Yeah and we traded for him. weak.

ThunderGun
04-28-2012, 12:18 PM

Idk, I actually liked the Cardinals taking Floyd. No olinemen were really graded that high. But more importantly, Fitzgerald is their only good wr, so he gets double or triple teamed every play. Floyd should really open things up for them.

Dude
04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
The Broncos taking Derek Wolfe with their first pick in the 2nd left all the local radio guys here in Denver kind of shocked and scratching their heads.Everyone's an expert, huh? They've obviously never seen him play. The first time they do they'll change their minds.

baalworship
04-28-2012, 01:16 PM
When the Bills draft a player that wasn't in the South.

Ed
04-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Everyone's an expert, huh? They've obviously never seen him play. The first time they do they'll change their minds.
No they hadn't. They had never even heard of him. They were all scrambling to find scouting reports and video footage of him. It was pretty funny. They're all so in love with Elway and bringing in Manning that you could tell they were kind of biting their tongues on blasting the pick and were struggling to find ways to say positive things about it.