PDA

View Full Version : The motto of our draft this year is athleticism

X-Era
04-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Speed!

Over and over were taking speed. And the second thing were looking for is overall athleticism.

Someone will probably say were the Raiders this year but were taking quality players as well. I do agree that we seem to be choosing athleticism over the football stuff. Gilmore, Brooks, Graham, and Bradham all seem to say that. But, these guys aren't football idiots either. Glenn is a physical freak as well.

Just interesting IMO.

Yes, these guys all come from the ACC and SEC (so far)... and thats also a theme. But I think the measureables and how we drafted so many so highly ranked in that regard is the better story.

ddaryl
04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
lots of solid speed guys in day 3.

Both Bradham and Brooks were top performers at their positions and the highest or tied for the highest vertical leapers

whether that translates into on field success remains to be seen, but speed is always useful

X-Era
04-28-2012, 02:26 PM
lots of solid speed guys in day 3.

Both Bradham and Brooks were fastest at their positions and the highest or tied for the highest vertical leapers

whether that translates into on field success remains to be seen, but speed is always usefulI don't think it's limited to day 3. Gilmore was considered an athletic freak as is Glenn. Gilmore was #3 in the 40 for CB's at the combine with a 4.40 flat. Glenn lit up the 10 yard split, was 6th out of the OT's in the 40, and and did 31 rep's at 225.

Graham ran a 4.41 in the 40 and was 3rd best out of anyone in the 3-cone.

Mad Bomber
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Anybody named "TANK" is OK by me....

SaviorEdwards
04-28-2012, 02:57 PM
For me its: "Cornbread and Grits!!!!"