X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjt328
    • May 2011

Almost the sixth round...

Personally, I was underwhelmed by our third round pick.

Marvin McNutt, Tommy Streeter and Juron Criner are still on the board.
    All could have been drafted ahead of TJ Graham.
    2013 "My Should Have" Draft
    Posted During the 2013 Draft
    1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
    2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
    5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
    6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
    1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
    2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
    2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
    3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
    4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
    5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
    6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
    7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas
  • TerrellOwensSharpie8
    • Jan 2010

Re: Almost the sixth round...

Kellen Moore

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mjt328

I can believe Criner's still out there as he ran a really bad forty time. One name you didn't list is Dwight Jones from UNC which has produce some good WRs in Greg Little and Hakeem Nicks of late. Granted they were drafted higher than Jones is going to go but worth a look at none the less.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Can't believe McNutt is still there.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mjt328

we did not need average WR's we needed a speed burner and we got that with TJ

We already have a solid #2 WR in David Nelson,. He hauled in 61 catches last year in his 2nd season. Not bad production from our #2.. He is going to be better this year.

We have Easley as a wild card, may or may not make it, but he is still in play. and few other players on the roster that are young and gaining experience. Most WR's in the NFL take 2 - 3 years to develop. Any of those players you listed are going to fall into that category. TJ Graham will get play time because he will return kickoffs and punts, as well as be the field stretcher we need, while Johnson, and Nelson do the majority of the #1 and #2 work.

more importantly is improving our OL and give our WR's more time to get open and downfield
          Last edited by ddaryl; 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

Criner just drafted by OAK.
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
              we did not need average WR's we needed a speed burner and we got that with TJ

We already have a solid #2 WR in David Nelson,. He hauled in 61 catches last year in his 2nd season. Not bad production from our #2.. He is going to be better this year.

We have Easley as a wild card, may or may not make it, but he is still in play. and few other players on the roster that are young and gaining experience. Most WR's in the NFL take 2 - 3 years to develop. Any of those players you listed are going to fall into that category. TJ Graham will get play time because he will return kickoffs and punts, as well as be the field stretcher we need, while Johnson, and Nelson do the majority of the #1 and #2 work.

more importantly is improving our OL and give our WR's more time to get open and downfield
              Nelson isn't a guy who lined up much on the outside last season. While he put up good reception totals I think it's more due to a lack to having a legitmate #2 WR and TE option (as to me Scott Chandler a blocking/red zone TE and nothing more).

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Mine are:

Jeff Fuller- WR, Tex A&M
                Donte Paige-Moss- LB, UNC
                Travis Lewis- LB, Ok
                Marvin McNutt- WR, Iowa
                Cyrus Gray- RB, Tex A&M
                Alfonzo Dennard- CB, Neb
                Vontaze Burfict- LB, Ari St.

Many have reasons we can instantly point to but others not so much.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                  Nelson isn't a guy who lined up much on the outside last season. While he put up good reception totals I think it's more due to a lack to having a legitmate #2 WR and TE option (as to me Scott Chandler a blocking/red zone TE and nothing more).

I guess I fail to see how a 2nd year WR who has 61 catches is only due to a lack of a true #2 WR TE option ??

So if we draft a another #2 WR what kind of production do you expect as a rookie ??? Do you really expect more then 61 catches ?

If anything injury depletion along our OL and Fitz's injury probably caused Nelsons numbers to be less then they could of been.

I have faith in Nelson as our #2..... I wouldn't mind more competition either, but our need at OT meant we weren't drafting one until rd #3.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    I guess I fail to see how a 2nd year WR who has 61 catches is only due to a lack of a true #2 WR TE option ??

So if we draft a another #2 WR what kind of production do you expect as a rookie ??? Do you really expect more then 61 catches ?

If anything injury depletion along our OL and Fitz's injury probably caused Nelsons numbers to be less then they could of been.

I have faith in Nelson as our #2..... I wouldn't mind more competition either, but our need at OT meant we weren't drafting one until rd #3.
                    When I'm looking for a #2 Wr. I'm looking for a guy who can play on the outside and stretch a defense. See Alvin Harper as the ideal model. To me Nelson is a good guy to use in the slot or a guy can cause a good mismatch on a dime CB because of his size and not his speed.

Comment

Working...
                    X