PDA

View Full Version : Almost the sixth round...

mjt328
04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Personally, I was underwhelmed by our third round pick.

Marvin McNutt, Tommy Streeter and Juron Criner are still on the board.
All could have been drafted ahead of TJ Graham.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
04-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Kellen Moore

The Jokeman
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM

I can believe Criner's still out there as he ran a really bad forty time. One name you didn't list is Dwight Jones from UNC which has produce some good WRs in Greg Little and Hakeem Nicks of late. Granted they were drafted higher than Jones is going to go but worth a look at none the less.

ServoBillieves
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Can't believe McNutt is still there.

ddaryl
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM

we did not need average WR's we needed a speed burner and we got that with TJ

We already have a solid #2 WR in David Nelson,. He hauled in 61 catches last year in his 2nd season. Not bad production from our #2.. He is going to be better this year.

We have Easley as a wild card, may or may not make it, but he is still in play. and few other players on the roster that are young and gaining experience. Most WR's in the NFL take 2 - 3 years to develop. Any of those players you listed are going to fall into that category. TJ Graham will get play time because he will return kickoffs and punts, as well as be the field stretcher we need, while Johnson, and Nelson do the majority of the #1 and #2 work.

more importantly is improving our OL and give our WR's more time to get open and downfield

ServoBillieves
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Criner just drafted by OAK.

The Jokeman
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
we did not need average WR's we needed a speed burner and we got that with TJ

We already have a solid #2 WR in David Nelson,. He hauled in 61 catches last year in his 2nd season. Not bad production from our #2.. He is going to be better this year.

We have Easley as a wild card, may or may not make it, but he is still in play. and few other players on the roster that are young and gaining experience. Most WR's in the NFL take 2 - 3 years to develop. Any of those players you listed are going to fall into that category. TJ Graham will get play time because he will return kickoffs and punts, as well as be the field stretcher we need, while Johnson, and Nelson do the majority of the #1 and #2 work.

more importantly is improving our OL and give our WR's more time to get open and downfield
Nelson isn't a guy who lined up much on the outside last season. While he put up good reception totals I think it's more due to a lack to having a legitmate #2 WR and TE option (as to me Scott Chandler a blocking/red zone TE and nothing more).

X-Era
04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Mine are:

Jeff Fuller- WR, Tex A&M
Donte Paige-Moss- LB, UNC
Travis Lewis- LB, Ok
Marvin McNutt- WR, Iowa
Cyrus Gray- RB, Tex A&M
Alfonzo Dennard- CB, Neb
Vontaze Burfict- LB, Ari St.

Many have reasons we can instantly point to but others not so much.

ddaryl
04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Nelson isn't a guy who lined up much on the outside last season. While he put up good reception totals I think it's more due to a lack to having a legitmate #2 WR and TE option (as to me Scott Chandler a blocking/red zone TE and nothing more).

I guess I fail to see how a 2nd year WR who has 61 catches is only due to a lack of a true #2 WR TE option ??

So if we draft a another #2 WR what kind of production do you expect as a rookie ??? Do you really expect more then 61 catches ?

If anything injury depletion along our OL and Fitz's injury probably caused Nelsons numbers to be less then they could of been.

I have faith in Nelson as our #2..... I wouldn't mind more competition either, but our need at OT meant we weren't drafting one until rd #3.

The Jokeman
04-28-2012, 03:03 PM
I guess I fail to see how a 2nd year WR who has 61 catches is only due to a lack of a true #2 WR TE option ??

So if we draft a another #2 WR what kind of production do you expect as a rookie ??? Do you really expect more then 61 catches ?

If anything injury depletion along our OL and Fitz's injury probably caused Nelsons numbers to be less then they could of been.

I have faith in Nelson as our #2..... I wouldn't mind more competition either, but our need at OT meant we weren't drafting one until rd #3.
When I'm looking for a #2 Wr. I'm looking for a guy who can play on the outside and stretch a defense. See Alvin Harper as the ideal model. To me Nelson is a good guy to use in the slot or a guy can cause a good mismatch on a dime CB because of his size and not his speed.