PDA

View Full Version : Finally A Good Offseason

Mike
04-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Finally this Bills have a good offseason!!!

They did very well in FA. Vastly improved the team. They added much needed size and speed at key positions in the Draft along with a few very good prospects along the o-line. This team is heading in the right directions.

I have been very critical of the Bills in past season, and justifiable so. I consider myself a realist oppose to a homer however I call a spade a spade when I see one, and this Offseason is probably the best they have had since getting Adams, Spikes, & Milloy. I am starting to think that Ralph is seeing the potential and investing in the future of the team.

Mike
04-29-2012, 03:21 AM
For some of the blind homers that were excited about signing retreads, Boys this is what a good offseason looks like. This is effort. This is giving a ****. This is it. Now lets a hope that this shows up on the field.

billsfootball1027
04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Finally this Bills have a good offseason!!!

They did very well in FA. Vastly improved the team. They added much needed size and speed at key positions in the Draft along with a few very good prospects along the o-line. This team is heading in the right directions.

I have been very critical of the Bills in past season, and justifiable so. I consider myself a realist oppose to a homer however I call a spade a spade when I see one, and this Offseason is probably the best they have had since getting Adams, Spikes, & Milloy. I am starting to think that Ralph is seeing the potential and investing in the future of the team.

This by far was one of the best off seasons ever for both The Buffalo Bills or even Sabres.

Mario williams is a LEGIT star player in the league. Anderson a good secondary signing. Then a great draft to top that!

better days
04-29-2012, 10:43 AM
For some of the blind homers that were excited about signing retreads, Boys this is what a good offseason looks like. This is effort. This is giving a ****. This is it. Now lets a hope that this shows up on the field.

Hope is NEEDED when you sign retreads. With the players the Bills signed, I have EXPECTATIONS this shows up on the field.

YardRat
04-29-2012, 11:05 AM
I had 10 positions targeted for upgrades this season...b/u QB, WR, OT, b/u C, DE, OLB, ILB, 2 CB, and a b/u FS. Between FA and the draft we nailed 7 of them IMO (all except b/u QB, b/u C, b/u FS) and got a 'bonus' DE and OT to boot. After reading Nix's comments about Asper being able to play C, it might actually be 8. Very happy with this off-season so far.

ublinkwescore
04-29-2012, 03:28 PM
We will be in the playoffs next season.

Mike
04-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Hope is NEEDED when you sign retreads. With the players the Bills signed, I have EXPECTATIONS this shows up on the field.

Did all of that Hope make a difference or was it an exercise in futility?

Meathead
04-29-2012, 04:33 PM
We will be in the playoffs next season.
pessimist

better days
04-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Did all of that Hope make a difference or was it an exercise in futility?

Have you been in a Rip Van Winkle slumber?

Mike
04-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Have you been in a Rip Van Winkle slumber?

No, just a rationalist...
Hope is like a drug that is sold to society in a number of ways. Even in extreemly repressive regimes like North Korea Hope is sold -otherwise people will revolt. In the middle east, terrorist sell hope to their followers, hope for a nirvana in heaven with 72 virgins.

All Hope does is allow you to put up with the extreme instead of behaving rationally. Hope allows people to put up with the most vile acts, the most violent atrocities, instead of taking action.

Hope is a way to brainwash...

Mike
04-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Its kind of funny. Before the Mario Williams signing most on this board were against 'extravagant FA signing' because 'they never work'. Many had a 'Build through the draft' approach. If some other team signed Mario Williams, without doubt, many would have criticized the move, but it was our little old bills that got him, so an immediate change of tune was in order.

The Mario signing is exactly what a team that wants to compete should do. By making such a push and finally getting him shows their determination to turn this into a winning franchise. It might work out, or it might not. However, no matter what happens the effort is valid.

YardRat
04-29-2012, 07:54 PM
I have issues with the Mario signing, but it's difficult not to get caught up in the excitement, especially after the last 12 years.

Mike
04-29-2012, 08:33 PM
I have issues with the Mario signing, but it's difficult not to get caught up in the excitement, especially after the last 12 years.

You might be right, however the effort is much much appreciated.

Spiderweb
04-30-2012, 12:33 AM
No, just a rationalist...
Hope is like a drug that is sold to society in a number of ways. Even in extreemly repressive regimes like North Korea Hope is sold -otherwise people will revolt. In the middle east, terrorist sell hope to their followers, hope for a nirvana in heaven with 72 virgins.

All Hope does is allow you to put up with the extreme instead of behaving rationally. Hope allows people to put up with the most vile acts, the most violent atrocities, instead of taking action.

Hope is a way to brainwash...

That's a a brush far too wide. Leaders of North Korea rule the old fashioned way, it's by absolute fear, not hope. The poor in the Middle East, aren't clinging to hope, they are angry and Radicals there are taking advantage of them. Hope is best compared to a half full glass rather than a half empty one.

Every year I hope the Bills are better, yet that doesn't stop me from realizing they have been talent poor. Again, this year I have hope. Hope doesn't make one blind..........

Mike
04-30-2012, 03:13 AM
That's a a brush far too wide. Leaders of North Korea rule the old fashioned way, it's by absolute fear, not hope. The poor in the Middle East, aren't clinging to hope, they are angry and Radicals there are taking advantage of them. Hope is best compared to a half full glass rather than a half empty one.

Every year I hope the Bills are better, yet that doesn't stop me from realizing they have been talent poor. Again, this year I have hope. Hope doesn't make one blind..........

Communism in USSR failed partially because Hope was taken away. They took religion away, the people had to face the reality, the misery, and they were fully aware of it. There was no hope, so it had to fail. With hope, those Russians would have put up with the system forever, some would have fought to save the system. Instead, communism came down very quickly and unexpectedly. (BTW I grew up in a communist country so this is first hand knowledge)

As for N. Korea, its really unknown what is going on. But watching those people and having many connections to S. Korea to me they seem very brainwashed. Any effective brainwashing needs 2 elements: Fear & Hope. You have to give them fear of consequences if the rules are not followed and hope that when followed there could be positive consequences. As a result, people believe all kinds of nonsense. (I was a psychology major and my significant other is Korean...)

As for the terrorist, there really are two types. First, there are the ones at the top that make all of the decisions. Obviously, none of those guys blow themselves up. Then there are the ones at the bottom. They are usually recruited from middle eastern countries that are very high on the poverty and very low on the education. These are not the kids of statesman or businessman, etc. Poor education along with poverty creates opportunity for exploitation. As a result, they are recruited, brainwashed via Fear & Hope (Fear: Infidels are a threat to our way of life and religion Hope: According to Kuran if you die fighting for Allah then you automatically go to heaven with 72 virgins). This training, education, brainwashing is constant. Plus, these terrorist reward their families financially once the mission is accomplished. They are held as heros for helping their families live a better life on earth while they are in heaven awaiting them.

Its hard to fault terrorist number 2, a guy who doesn't even know how to read the Kuran for being taking advantage of. Moreover, its this notions of fear & Hope that have helped brainwash him into doing the unthinkable.

In the end, fear and hope, are two sides of the same coin. If you want to have clarity you need to throw away the coin.

YardRat
04-30-2012, 05:31 AM
Uh-oh. The Spin Zone has infected the main football forum. We're in trouble now.

Mike
04-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Uh-oh. The Spin Zone has infected the main football forum. We're in trouble now.

I am still having fun ;)