PDA

View Full Version : Ron Brooks - Antoine Winfield version 2.0!!!

ublinkwescore
04-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Sweet dreams Wes Welker!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/beSEqPaUZrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsOverDolphins
04-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Loved this pick (yes, guys--BOD loved a pick!). Can't wait to see what Wanny can do with him

ublinkwescore
04-29-2012, 11:39 AM
has better hands and speed than winfield i think. hence the 2.0 stuff.

Raptor
04-29-2012, 11:52 AM
lol uummm no he's not even close to what Winfield was or is

try Sheldon Brown

ublinkwescore
04-29-2012, 11:53 AM
get him into camp, and he will be a good one. let him learn our scheme, and get some practice going up against stevie, he will pick it up. winfield has stone hands. Brooks doesn't.

Skooby
04-29-2012, 11:56 AM
I was talking with a Vikings fan about this, they appreciated AW.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2012, 12:47 PM
gilmore should improve over florence
williams will be better in his 2nd year
brooks is just as good as williams as a rookie
florence is better than mckelvin
rogers will be better in his 2nd year
searcy will improve

a way better pass rush and better secondary, we should take huge leaps in d... especially with wanny as dc.

ZacGriffi~82
04-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Gilmore is closer to what Winfield was, but not really. He's more Woodson is (max ceiling obviously). I think the closest to Winfield was Kirkpatrick.

Bone
04-29-2012, 02:48 PM
He will be all over on special teams and defense

clumping platelets
04-29-2012, 05:21 PM
He's faster and slightly bigger than Winfield............if he's anything close to Winfield, that ia HUGE steal in rd 4 when Winfield was a 2nd rd pick

Skooby
04-29-2012, 05:23 PM
I see a AW / Woodson mix, more speed than AW with the Woodson hit.

JCBills
04-29-2012, 11:53 PM
gilmore should improve over florence
williams will be better in his 2nd year
brooks is just as good as williams as a rookie
florence is better than mckelvin
rogers will be better in his 2nd year
searcy will improve

a way better pass rush and better secondary, we should take huge leaps in d... especially with wanny as dc.

Florence is not better than McKelvin. Leodis finally started to get it last season.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Florence is not better than McKelvin. Leodis finally started to get it last season.

UMMM NO. florence started 16 games, mckelvin was 3rd string in the 2nd half of the season...rogers beat him out...

Spiderweb
04-30-2012, 12:19 AM
UMMM NO. florence started 16 games, mckelvin was 3rd string in the 2nd half of the season...rogers beat him out...

McKelvin had issues last year and definitely earned a spot in Gailey's Doghouse. However, Florence (from what I saw) was very poor in his own right. Blown coverages, stupid penalties, and was seriously toasted far too often. He certainly was far better in 2010 that last year. Florence had better get back on track quickly in camp this year, or he may not be around either come the regular season.

Prov401
04-30-2012, 02:18 AM
McKelvin had issues last year and definitely earned a spot in Gailey's Doghouse. However, Florence (from what I saw) was very poor in his own right. Blown coverages, stupid penalties, and was seriously toasted far too often. He certainly was far better in 2010 that last year. Florence had better get back on track quickly in camp this year, or he may not be around either come the regular season.

I agree. Florence sucked last year. Penalties left and right, and was consistently beat. I really want to see what McKelvin can do with a pass rush. He shows flashes of elite play in certain games every year. He's just not consistent. One game he'll look like a first round CB, and the next he'll look like a practice squad bum. But I think the Bills will let him play out his contract and we'll see what happens.

I think McGee is gone.

jamze132
04-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Florence isn't suited for man-man duty any longer. He's too slow and it showed last year with all of his penalties and risk taking. He's a fine CB in a zone and fortunately for him I see our DBs playing a lot of zone as long as our front 4 can be as dominate as expected.

If we didn't solidify our D-line through FA like we did, Florence may not have made the team out of camp but I think he'll be given every opportunity.

thenry20
04-30-2012, 03:38 AM
lol uummm no he's not even close to what Winfield was or is

try Sheldon Brown

antoine was a ladybug ready to take on an oncoming freight train. HE dealt the damage.

dannyek71
04-30-2012, 06:40 AM
"Wear your bike helmet kids...."

SaviorEdwards
04-30-2012, 07:06 AM
There is only one Antoine Winfield. No Thorpe Award on Brooks shelf either. Saying 'ver 2.0' implies a better version of Winfield which is laughable. His teammate Claiborne would be a less absurd comparison.

Skooby
04-30-2012, 07:52 AM
There is only one Antoine Winfield. No Thorpe Award on Brooks shelf either. Saying 'ver 2.0' implies a better version of Winfield which is laughable. His teammate Claiborne would be a less absurd comparison.

I would think you're basing this on the draft but all of it needs to translate on the field for both players. Being an early pick guarantees nothing, staying healthy is always a question mark.

Brooks reminds me of a mix between AW / Woodson. If he plays like either of them or just good for that matter, I'd be a happy fan.

TigerJ
04-30-2012, 09:54 AM
If anything, I believe Brooks has both a little more mass, and a little better speed. It's an appropriate comparison in terms of hitting and tackling though.