PDA

View Full Version : tank carder will start opening day!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2012, 12:49 PM
he will be on the field. hes to good

BillsOverDolphins
04-29-2012, 12:50 PM
huh?

Prov401
04-29-2012, 12:52 PM

too.

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2012, 01:12 PM
No, no he won't.

Bangarang
04-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Maybe on ST. He probably won't be starting at LB.

ThunderGun
04-29-2012, 01:48 PM
He has a cool name. They have to start him!

better days
04-29-2012, 01:53 PM
No, no he won't.

Now thats what i'm talking about.

nolimit
04-29-2012, 02:06 PM
No, no he won't.

boobs are fun

YardRat
04-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Here we go again.....

tampabay25690
04-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Lets just get to camp 1st....

more cowbell
04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
no

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2012, 05:22 PM
watch the rose bowl game...

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2012, 06:52 PM
that doesn't mean a ****ing thing.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
that doesn't mean a ****ing thing.

against the best oline in 5 years of college ball? yes it ****ing does!

jimbohastle51
04-29-2012, 06:58 PM

He has all the tools to become a very good starter in the league but he needs some seasoning. Very coach-able kid though so I am sure with the defensive coordinator we have he will get there in year or 2. Now Bradham... Whoa. This kid has enough talent to be starting by mid to 3/4's into the season at outside LB. As long as he gets up to speed quick it will be hard not to give this kid playing time.

gr8slayer
04-29-2012, 07:22 PM
watch the rose bowl game...
You're going to base your entire opinion of someone being a starter as a pro on a single college game?

streetkings01
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
I think Bradham will earn a starting job before Carder.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2012, 09:40 PM
You're going to base your entire opinion of someone being a starter as a pro on a single college game?

No. typical ****** response...

im just saying that is the perfect tape because hes going against a great great oline...

he looks just like zach thomas but bigger and maybe even a step faster.

i dont see morrison beating him out. no way...
i think bradham takes over in 2 years when he learns more. buddy said he needs to work on his instincts and 1st step reads...

Mr. Pink
04-30-2012, 12:32 AM
There's more chance that he's not even on the roster on opening day than starting...

He'll be a ST contributor.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-30-2012, 02:01 AM
There's more chance that he's not even on the roster on opening day than starting...

He'll be a ST contributor.

YOU CLEARLY DONT SEE TALENT...

thenry20
04-30-2012, 03:40 AM

What position will he play? Well, I mean where.

JCBills
04-30-2012, 08:02 PM
against the best oline in 5 years of college ball? yes it ****ing does!

There ya go.

JCBills
04-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I think if MDP for whatever reason had to give an acceptance speech he would start off by thanking himself.

gr8slayer
04-30-2012, 09:07 PM

im just saying that is the perfect tape because hes going against a great great oline...

he looks just like zach thomas but bigger and maybe even a step faster.

i dont see morrison beating him out. no way...
i think bradham takes over in 2 years when he learns more. buddy said he needs to work on his instincts and 1st step reads...
Hmmm... Well, I was ready to engage in a thoughtful, intelligent debate on the topic, but that just about finished that idea.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-30-2012, 10:23 PM
his play reminds me so much of zach thomas and robert jones, players that jimmy/wanny couldnt keep off the field as rookies...

mightysimi
04-30-2012, 10:41 PM
middle of the 5th round.

He's so unbelievable that everyone passed on him 5 times. He might turn out to be good but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves here.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
What position will he play? Well, I mean where.

wlb/opposite barnett

NOT THE DUDE...
04-30-2012, 11:14 PM
middle of the 5th round.

He's so unbelievable that everyone passed on him 5 times. He might turn out to be good but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves here.

he had a couple injuries last year that he played with including a broken finger and other stuff.

he was graded at walter as high 3rd rd pick...

zach thomas was a 5th rd pick too

im telling you man, he just too good to not have on the field...

Extremebillsfan247
05-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Carder question: Is he going to be able to stay healthy long enough to matter here? He does have a bit of an injury history which is probably why he was still there when we drafted him.

dannyek71
05-01-2012, 06:50 AM

Can we not use the term "******" on the main message board? We are all better than that.

And this is coming from the guy who sometimes funnels malt liquor he got at a gas station for $2.19 before games.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2012, 06:55 AM
YOU CLEARLY DONT SEE TALENT...

Neither did the 31 other teams who passed on him, some of them 5 times.

Hell the Bills thought he was so talented they passed on him a few times as well.

Get a clue man. He's gonna provide depth and be a ST contributor.

dannyek71
05-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Neither did the 31 other teams who passed on him, some of them 5 times.

Hell the Bills thought he was so talented they passed on him a few times as well.

Get a clue man. He's gonna provide depth and be a ST contributor.

man,,,,,,stop being a total $#%# man. get a clue.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Can we not use the term "******" on the main message board? We are all better than that.

And this is coming from the guy who sometimes funnels malt liquor he got at a gas station for $2.19 before games.

oh god. not another pc psycho... ugh

JCBills
05-01-2012, 11:25 AM

That isn't PC, its called being reasonable instead of dismissive.

gr8slayer
05-01-2012, 03:17 PM
What makes him a "PC psyco"? The fact that he doesn't appreciate your use of a term that many find offense (some on a personal level), or the fact that he's basically taking a shot at himself in his post.

stuckincincy
05-01-2012, 03:28 PM
He has all the tools to become a very good starter in the league but he needs some seasoning.

Yep. I can't see why some folks are ragging on #5 pick who hasn't suited up yet.

I wish him well.

JCBills
05-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Yep. I can't see why some folks are ragging on #5 pick who hasn't suited up yet.

I wish him well.

I don't think anyone is ragging on him, just trying to keep things in perspective.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
What makes him a "PC psyco"? The fact that he doesn't appreciate your use of a term that many find offense (some on a personal level), or the fact that he's basically taking a shot at himself in his post.

"im offended"... please god stop! generation vagina!

dannyek71
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
"im offended"... please god stop! generation vagina!

Why do I sense a ban coming?

mikemac2001
05-01-2012, 05:30 PM

why is he not blocked...dude is 100% clown and has been blocked since he first joined

NOT THE DUDE...
05-01-2012, 07:05 PM

really dude? are you that sensitive?

i mean seriously, i hear this **** from 18yrd olds at the starbucks at my college...

like i said, pc psycho...

yeah i said it! generation wuss!

gr8slayer
05-01-2012, 07:25 PM
really dude? are you that sensitive?

i mean seriously, i hear this **** from 18yrd olds at the starbucks at my college...

like i said, pc psycho...

yeah i said it! generation wuss!
Question, how old are you?

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
OK, folks - back on topic

And MDP - quit using terms like ******. It is offensive.

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2012, 07:42 PM
And, on Carder - he needs to learn an entire new defensive system and structure. He did well in college - but it is very unlikely that he will be a day 1 started, barring significant injuries.

gr8slayer
05-01-2012, 07:44 PM
And, on Carder - he needs to learn an entire new defensive system and structure. He did well in college - but it is very unlikely that he will be a day 1 started, barring significant injuries.
He will be a liability on passing downs as well. But if an aggressive, blitzing scheme is implemented, I could see him getting some playing time on early downs.

DGreg
05-01-2012, 07:47 PM
What, what happened...... Hurkeynuts Avatar, Booooobs, Tank who. Boobies.

streetkings01
05-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Are Bills fans infatuated with the "white linebacker".......just curious? Why would he pick Carder as a starter opening day over Bradham who was drafted 2 RDs earlier or over Sheppard/Barnett/Morrison?

imbondz
05-02-2012, 04:58 PM
my first reaction when buffalo picked him was that he'd be a pro bowler within 3-5 years.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
you have to admit his style/instincts and speed is reminiscent of zach thomas..

and he was a 5th like thomas, and from texas...

YardRat
05-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Are Bills fans infatuated with the "white linebacker".......just curious? Why would he pick Carder as a starter opening day over Bradham who was drafted 2 RDs earlier or over Sheppard/Barnett/Morrison?

Obviously he's a racist.

Jesus ****ing Christ.....unbelievable.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Obviously he's a racist.

Jesus ****ing Christ.....unbelievable.

lol... like i told him, carder has better instincts...

or option b- im racist... flmao

gr8slayer
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
you have to admit his style/instincts and speed is reminiscent of zach thomas..

and he was a 5th like thomas, and from texas...
I'm really at a loss here, how does both of them being from the state of Texas have to do with anything?

TMu11
05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
People REALLY love to compare this guy to Zach Thomas before even setting foot on an NFL field. Its ridiculous.

So if we picked up a QB from Michigan in the 6th are we looking at the next Brady? If so, no wonder our drafts have sucked. We've been doing it wrong this whole time!

acehole
05-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm really at a loss here, how does both of them being from the state of Texas have to do with anything?

Well that means they are both gay.

DraftBoy
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
First off he's not Zach Thomas and I highly doubt he fits at MLB. Doesn't have the range needed to play in a 43 set. You have to put him at WLB because he can't cover very well (very stiff hips) and he doesn't work through traffic well either.

He's a downhill LB who will see rotational time but coming out of the 4-2-5 system he has to learn just about everything schematically. None of the terms, coverages, blitz packages, or even assignments are going to be the same for him. That's a huge learning curve to deal with just to see the field, let alone start.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
People REALLY love to compare this guy to Zach Thomas before even setting foot on an NFL field. Its ridiculous.

So if we picked up a QB from Michigan in the 6th are we looking at the next Brady? If so, no wonder our drafts have sucked. We've been doing it wrong this whole time!

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 12:27 PM

we are talking about potential based on relevant empirical data and film...

not simply a qb was drafted in the 6th from michigan...

come on man, use your head...

TMu11
05-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Zach Thomas:

Second-team Houston Chronicle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Chronicle) All-SWC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_Conference) (1993)
Second-team Houston Post (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Post) All-SWC (1993)
First-team UPI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Press_International) All-American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-America) (1994)
Second-team Football News All-American (1994)
Second-team Sporting News (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_News) All-American (1994)
2× SWC Defensive Player of the Year (1994, 1995)
Consensus first-team All-American (1995)
First-team All-SWC (1995)
Tank Carder

2010 (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2010.html) MWC Defensive Player of the Year (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/mwc-dpoy.html)
2011 (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2011.html) MWC Defensive Player of the Year (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/mwc-dpoy.html)

Oh, okay. Now I see the similarity..... /sarcasm

Dr. Lecter
05-03-2012, 03:43 PM
we are talking about potential based on relevant empirical data and film...

not simply a qb was drafted in the 6th from michigan...

come on man, use your head...

How much film (not games on TV, but film) have you watched on Carder?

How much of it had him in a similar defensive scheme with similar responsibilities to the Bills scheme?

Mr. Pink
05-03-2012, 03:44 PM

If only Brian Griese was drafted in the 6th round, he woulda been a stud instead of a dud.

better days
05-03-2012, 06:32 PM
If only Brian Griese was drafted in the 6th round, he woulda been a stud instead of a dud.

He still would have been a dud, just a lesser dud.

gr8slayer
05-03-2012, 08:03 PM
First off he's not Zach Thomas and I highly doubt he fits at MLB. Doesn't have the range needed to play in a 43 set. You have to put him at WLB because he can't cover very well (very stiff hips) and he doesn't work through traffic well either.

He's a downhill LB who will see rotational time but coming out of the 4-2-5 system he has to learn just about everything schematically. None of the terms, coverages, blitz packages, or even assignments are going to be the same for him. That's a huge learning curve to deal with just to see the field, let alone start.
Bingo... If you're talking about a first and second down guy, or a guy that only blitzes on passing downs, I think he has a chance. But if we're talking about an every single down guy, I don't foresee Carder becoming that in the NFL, not in the 43. Throw him in a 34 opposite of the JLB, and I think he'd do well in the Dan Connor (ish) role. This is in no way meant to marginalize the guy, or what he can be. There are plenty of players that fit the above criteria that go on to have amazing careers.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Zach Thomas:

Second-team Houston Chronicle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Chronicle) All-SWC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwest_Conference) (1993)
Second-team Houston Post (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Post) All-SWC (1993)
First-team UPI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Press_International) All-American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-America) (1994)
Second-team Football News All-American (1994)
Second-team Sporting News (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sporting_News) All-American (1994)
2× SWC Defensive Player of the Year (1994, 1995)
Consensus first-team All-American (1995)
First-team All-SWC (1995)Tank Carder

2010 (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2010.html) MWC Defensive Player of the Year (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/mwc-dpoy.html)
2011 (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2011.html) MWC Defensive Player of the Year (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/awards/mwc-dpoy.html)

Oh, okay. Now I see the similarity..... /sarcasm

CBS DRAFT-

"then earned second-team All-Mountain West accolades after stepping into Phillips' starting role in the middle in 2009 (89 tackles, 10 for loss, 10 pass break-ups). As a junior, he was named first-team all-conference (60 tackles, 9.5 for loss, 3.5 sacks, five pass break-ups), All-American by multiple outlets,. TCU's aggressive 4-2-5 scheme asks Carder to attack gaps, taking himself out of plays, but his ability to close on the ballcarrier and make plays in coverage should earn him an early-round selection as a 4-3 strong-side linebacker or inside 'backer for a 3-4 team at the next level.

09 - 2nd team all mountain west
010- all american
011- all american

010- conf defensive player of the year
011- again, conf def player of year.

and his style is like zach thomas...

wtf are you talking about, those stats are similar!

gr8slayer
05-03-2012, 08:40 PM
CBS DRAFT-

"then earned second-team All-Mountain West accolades after stepping into Phillips' starting role in the middle in 2009 (89 tackles, 10 for loss, 10 pass break-ups). As a junior, he was named first-team all-conference (60 tackles, 9.5 for loss, 3.5 sacks, five pass break-ups), All-American by multiple outlets,. TCU's aggressive 4-2-5 scheme asks Carder to attack gaps, taking himself out of plays, but his ability to close on the ballcarrier and make plays in coverage should earn him an early-round selection as a 4-3 strong-side linebacker or inside 'backer for a 3-4 team at the next level.
Honestly, that does nothing to help your case. Let me ask you, do you view him as an every down LB?

Dr. Lecter
05-03-2012, 08:41 PM
MDP, you never answered my question - how much film did you watch of him?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Honestly, that does nothing to help your case. Let me ask you, do you view him as an every down LB?

yes.

seriously man, ive seen him play in a good amount of games...

how does he not remind you of zach thomas?

his speed, instincts, toughness, emotion on the field, incredible production...

he has zach thomas written all over him!

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
MDP, you never answered my question - how much film did you watch of him?

several games on tv, plus youtube, plus scouting reports, etc...

i have a decent opinion on him...

dude made tons of plays when i watched tcu on tv

in fact if im not mistaken, in 010, tcu had the best run d in college ball! either that or the number 1 defense. he was a huge part of that.

plus, the reason i say zach thomas is because tcu looks for a similar skill set compared to what jimmy johnson did. speed, speed, and more speed! plus tons of emotion and intensity

Dr. Lecter
05-03-2012, 08:46 PM
several games on tv, plus youtube, plus scouting reports, etc...

i have a decent opinion on him...

dude made tons of plays when i watched tcu on tv
Youtube is highlights. I can make Aaron Maybin look good on youtube.

How much film did you watch? not games. Film

and how often was he in a defense similar to the Bills defense with similar responsibilities?

gr8slayer
05-03-2012, 08:48 PM
yes.

seriously man, ive seen him play in a good amount of games...

how does he not remind you of zach thomas?

his speed, instincts, toughness, emotion on the field, incredible production...

I watched him play every weekend, I honestly don't see Zach Thomas. Not trying to be an ass, I just don't think they are similar players. If you think he's Zach Thomas, you are more than entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree.

Going back to my question about him being an every down player. I'm curious, what role does he play when it's 3rd and 15, and the defense is in the Nickel package. Is he even in the game?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-03-2012, 08:50 PM

How much film did you watch? not games. Film

and how often was he in a defense similar to the Bills defense with similar responsibilities?

well, im not a gm or coach dude. lol. i dont have film.

im just an amateur man. we all are.

but i saw tons of him on tv. most of the time he was inside, but every once in a while he would play the slot...

he can play all 3 lb spots imo.

also for his size he is great at taking on lineman/blocks. but lots of that has to do with his intensity and instincts. he has great great feel for the game!

streetkings01
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Obviously he's a racist.

Jesus ****ing Christ.....unbelievable.Who said the guy was a racist? All I said was Bills fans seem to be infatuated with the "white LB"! From guys like Poz, Laurenitis(sp?), Keuchley, Shaw, Conner, DiGi, Carder etc...

I remember people wanted Poz over Willis when it was pretty clear that Willis was the better player. Seems like Bills fans are always looking for the next Shane Conlan instead of looking for the next great LB.

better days
05-04-2012, 10:07 AM

Maybe so, but it would be a SHORT clip.

Novacane
04-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I didn't know Not the Dude was Marcell Dareus Power

Crisis
04-28-2013, 07:05 PM
I didn't know Not the Dude was Marcell Dareus Power

It explains so much.

Slim
04-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Fantastic.

SquishDaFish
04-28-2013, 07:07 PM
I did not know that until this thread was bumped. That explains a TON he is and always was a HORRIBLE poster

mrbojanglezs
04-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Lol classic

Joe Fo Sho
04-28-2013, 07:49 PM

Why would he get 'Zach Thomas' tattooed all over his body?

coastal
04-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Gibby and Not the Dude are the same people.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 08:41 PM
didnt he start for the browns? lol

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 08:42 PM
yeah, he started one game for the browns and was the main backup at mike. i was close... haha

ZAZusmc03
04-28-2013, 09:06 PM
I did not know that until this thread was bumped. That explains a TON he is and always was a HORRIBLE poster

And he was John Dellapelle before that.

coastal
04-28-2013, 09:21 PM
didnt he start for the browns? lol
Didn't u get a doctorate in blow up wife sex?

TigerJ
04-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Ouch!

better days
04-28-2013, 10:31 PM

Well, on Opening day I can see him starting & playing well............................on special teams & nothing wrong with that.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 10:34 PM
but, back to rogers, i think its far fetched to compare tank carder to darick rogers, the number 1 wr in the draft...

lets be a little honest...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, on Opening day I can see him starting & playing well............................on special teams & nothing wrong with that.

we have nothing at wr, why wouldnt he start?

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Old news from a year ago and he's now with Cleveland the last I noticed. I liked him and hoped he would make the Bills squad but didn't, so let's get on with something important like our rookies.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2013, 11:08 PM
but, back to rogers, i think its far fetched to compare tank carder to darick rogers, the number 1 wr in the draft...

lets be a little honest...

- - - Updated - - -

we have nothing at wr, why wouldnt he start?

:rofl:

The number 1 WR in the draft who was an UDFA.

Let that sink in...he was the number 1 WR in the draft and yet went undrafted.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 11:12 PM

The number 1 WR in the draft who was an UDFA.

Let that sink in...he was the number 1 WR in the draft and yet went undrafted.

do you know why? it had nothing to do with talent or football ability

SquishDaFish
04-29-2013, 04:12 AM
Old news from a year ago and he's now with Cleveland the last I noticed. I liked him and hoped he would make the Bills squad but didn't, so let's get on with something important like our rookies.

There is a reason this was bumped and it has nothing to do with the Bills

Novacane
04-29-2013, 07:26 AM
do you know why? it had nothing to do with talent or football ability

His talent is better than a udfa but the best wr in the draft? Some team would have taken a chance on him in rounds 4-7 if he was that.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 09:17 AM
There is a reason this was bumped and it has nothing to do with the Bills

lol

- - - Updated - - -

have to admit i was close though...

BillsFanInNM
04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
lol

- - - Updated - - -

If you take out all the parts where you were dead wrong, then you were right!!!

Pinkerton Security
04-29-2013, 10:27 AM
lol

- - - Updated - - -

I think you have a different definition of "Close" than the rest of the world. Starting from opening day and getting a meaningless start in a meaningless last game of the season are a tiny bit different, especially when he was an injury sub in that one game.

Mahdi
04-29-2013, 10:37 AM
His talent is better than a udfa but the best wr in the draft? Some team would have taken a chance on him in rounds 4-7 if he was that.

To be fair,

Woods and Hopkins have the highest floor in the this WR class but Austin, Patterson and Rogers have the highest ceiling. So Rogers does have a chance to be the top WR in this draft class if he works hard and stays out of nonsense.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 11:37 AM
I think you have a different definition of "Close" than the rest of the world. Starting from opening day and getting a meaningless start in a meaningless last game of the season are a tiny bit different, especially when he was an injury sub in that one game.

ok, you are right, but i knew he would make a team and at least earn the right to some playing time as a rookie.

come on man, im not perfect.

HAMMER
04-29-2013, 02:27 PM
......not even close to perfect.