PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow cracks NFL Network's top 100 players , Sanchez DOESN'T

bluerosekiller
04-29-2012, 09:24 PM
I LOVE it.
It's already begun.
You just know that as soon as there's even a HINT of Sanchez struggling that the fans & the media are going to begin with the pressure to give Tebow his chance & that eventually The Jets' locker room will follow suit & become a house divided.
I can't wait for THAT circus to begin. The sooner, the better! LOL

Scumbag College
04-29-2012, 10:15 PM
I'm sure Jets fan thought they got a bargain with Tebow. I think they opened up a can of worms and are in for a million headaches and distractions with him on the team.

Meathead
04-29-2012, 10:23 PM
like sands through the hourglass the annual winds of autumn blow in just in time for the jets to fk themselves

better days
04-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm sure Jets fan thought they got a bargain with Tebow. I think they opened up a can of worms and are in for a million headaches and distractions with him on the team.

Well, you could be right, but any headaches & distractions will not be caused by Tebow himself. By ALL accounts he is a GREAT teammate.

However, Sanchez better be prepared to work his tail off & compete or Tebow will overtake him, dividing the locker room.

Scumbag College
04-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Well, you could be right, but any headaches & distractions will not be caused by Tebow himself. By ALL accounts he is a GREAT teammate.

However, Sanchez better be prepared to work his tail off & compete or Tebow will overtake him, dividing the locker room.

I actually like Tebow. His politics are an exact opposite of mine but I do admire him for his convictions and I think he is trying to convey what he thinks to be a positive message. He also doesn't seem to want to deem anyone whom doesn't believe in what he does an enemy or hold any ill will towards them. At least from the little I know of him, he seems to be a good person and a team guy.

However, if you are saying Sanchez is a "franchise QB" but you bring in a younger, wildly popular and successful QB to be a backup that is really going to get into Sanchez's head. I've went to a few Jets games in the old Meadowlands, and those fans will turn on a player on a dime. If Sanchez struggles and the Jets lose a few games in a row, they are going to be vicious towards him and wanting Tebow. Sanchez is only human and it's already a media circus around the situation, it is really going to get into his head if he struggles and the fans are calling for Tebow.

Mr. Pink
04-30-2012, 12:29 AM
LMAO

If it wasn't for Tebows devout following in God NO ONE would give a crap about him.

He's absolutely horrible as an NFL QB.

Mike
04-30-2012, 02:49 AM
If it wasn't for Tebows devout following in God NO ONE would give a crap about him.

I dont think its the god thing. ITs the fact that he was one of the best college QBs of all-time. Won many many games. As a result, he has become wildly popular. Throw in his leadership skills, and his demeanor, its easy to see why the media is up his ass.

To throw gasoline on a flame, the Broncos drafted him in the first round after trading Cutler. First round QBs come in with high expectations. Tebow came in with mixed expectations -as many scouts doubted his Qb ability- from those in the know however the Fans wanted to see him play. So after Denvers poor start, Orton is benched and low and behold Tebow wins a few games -8- and leads the Broncos to a playoff victory. In some of those win he had 2 completions... Winning of course threw even more gas on the fire as did the fact that two polar opposites exited within him: 1. he obviously sucks as a QB 2. he just finds a way to win. So what to do?

Now, he is in the biggest market, in one of the biggest cities on the planet and the incumbent QB is his opposite in some ways: 1. Lacks leadership qualities 2. doesn't find a way to win. So, when Sanchez struggles the whole world will want to see Tebow in there, to see if it will be any better, to have their curiosities satisfied.

jamze132
04-30-2012, 03:14 AM
I really hope we are able to ride into the Meadowlands with some energy and knock the Jets off of their high horse right out of the gate. What better way to witness the beginning of the Jets meltdown!

alohabillsfan
04-30-2012, 06:23 AM
LMAO

HAHA, jokes on you... BTW this was voted on by NFL PLAYERS not fans... BOOM.:pimped:

BleedinGreenNC
04-30-2012, 06:36 AM

What Jets fans thought getting him was a bargain? Not this guy, i wanted nothing to do with him, i was frustrated with the lack of offense with Sanchez, Tebow was even worse.

It will not be Tebow causing the headaches, it will be Holmes and the media blasting Mark once he messes up.

better days
04-30-2012, 06:38 AM
LMAO

Well, Tebow made the NFL top 100 players list. Sanchez did not. And that list is composed by the PLAYERS in the NFL, not media or fans on the internet.

BleedinGreenNC
04-30-2012, 06:38 AM
I really hope we are able to ride into the Meadowlands with some energy and knock the Jets off of their high horse right out of the gate. What better way to witness the beginning of the Jets meltdown!

What high horse? They were 8-8 last season, and they started melting down last season, dont make it like the Bills are the cause of it.

better days
04-30-2012, 06:42 AM
What Jets fans thought getting him was a bargain? Not this guy, i wanted nothing to do with him, i was frustrated with the lack of offense with Sanchez, Tebow was even worse.

It will not be Tebow causing the headaches, it will be Holmes and the media blasting Mark once he messes up.

My biggest concern facing the Jets this year is Tebow in the Red Zone. Everyone that says Tebow is not a good QB should check out his red zone stats, he is the most dangerous QB in the NFL in the red zone.

BleedinGreenNC
04-30-2012, 06:52 AM
My biggest concern facing the Jets this year is Tebow in the Red Zone. Everyone that says Tebow is not a good QB should check out his red zone stats, he is the most dangerous QB in the NFL in the red zone.

I hear ya on that one, he torched us last season with his 95 yard drive. I just really dont see how we can go with Sanchez all the way down to the goal line and then send Tebow in to score a TD. I think this pushes Sanchez to open up and make some big plays in order to score from farther out so that Tebow doesnt get the chance to come in and score

MattyNH
04-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Nothing against Tim Tebow but I hate how much time I spend hearing people talk about him.

Mr. Pink
04-30-2012, 11:12 AM
I dont think its the god thing. ITs the fact that he was one of the best college QBs of all-time. Won many many games. As a result, he has become wildly popular. Throw in his leadership skills, and his demeanor, its easy to see why the media is up his ass.

To throw gasoline on a flame, the Broncos drafted him in the first round after trading Cutler. First round QBs come in with high expectations. Tebow came in with mixed expectations -as many scouts doubted his Qb ability- from those in the know however the Fans wanted to see him play. So after Denvers poor start, Orton is benched and low and behold Tebow wins a few games -8- and leads the Broncos to a playoff victory. In some of those win he had 2 completions... Winning of course threw even more gas on the fire as did the fact that two polar opposites exited within him: 1. he obviously sucks as a QB 2. he just finds a way to win. So what to do?

Now, he is in the biggest market, in one of the biggest cities on the planet and the incumbent QB is his opposite in some ways: 1. Lacks leadership qualities 2. doesn't find a way to win. So, when Sanchez struggles the whole world will want to see Tebow in there, to see if it will be any better, to have their curiosities satisfied.

Ken Dorsey and Gino Toretta were winners in college.

Did anyone care about them?

Exactly.

DynaPaul
04-30-2012, 11:16 AM
We need to start a Tebow pool on here where everyone can make a bet with their zonebucks on which week Tebow finally gets the full time start. He will take over as the starter sometime this year because if they were so sold on Sanchez they wouldn't have tried to get Manning and then trade for Tebow.

mjt328
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
LMAO

I would definitely agree that a lot of Tebow's popularity comes from his faith, and not his play on the field. Many Christian football fans see him as a great role model and example.

BUT you also have to admit that much of the hate towards Tebow stems from the exact same source.

If it wasn't for Tebow taking a public stance on issues like abortion and pre-marital sex, I doubt he would get so much criticism for his weaknesses on the football field. He's still a developing quarterback with less than 16 starts in the NFL.

stuckincincy
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Sanchez has had a rough road as QB for the Jets. A top pick thrown in to start.

I've nothing against him - he seems to be an ok young man. Agreed to rework the contract.

Heh - remember the flap when he got a hot dog from a vendor and ate it on the bench? Heck - players expend energy - If I owned a club, I'd have a steam table on the sidelines.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Ken Dorsey and Gino Toretta were winners in college.

Did anyone care about them?

Exactly.
As I recall, neither Ken Dorsey nor Gino Torretta led their team to the playoffs their first year as starter, either. (Torretta never even got a chance to start.)

But then again, I have noticed a starkly anti-Christian/pro-atheist vibe from a lot of people on this board, so this kind of attitude does not surprise me in the least.

gr8slayer
04-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Sanchez wouldn't be on the list of the top 200 players in the league.

OpIv37
04-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Sanchez wouldn't be on the list of the top 200 players in the league.
Tebow shouldn't be either.

The Jokeman
04-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Sanchez has had a rough road as QB for the Jets. A top pick thrown in to start.

I've nothing against him - he seems to be an ok young man. Agreed to rework the contract.

Heh - remember the flap when he got a hot dog from a vendor and ate it on the bench? Heck - players expend energy - If I owned a club, I'd have a steam table on the sidelines.
Yeah he was good enough to lead them to back to back AFC Championship games his first two seasons, falls to 8-8 and now there's questions if he's a starting QB. I'm sure a team like Cleveland wishes they had a problem like Sanchez at QB. That said, was he as good as that? No but I think the guess is getting a raw deal with the Jets but I'm all for them letting him going and falling flat on their faces when Tebow shows that his struggles late in the year were more real than his success in the early part of the season.

jamze132
04-30-2012, 11:28 PM
What high horse? They were 8-8 last season, and they started melting down last season, dont make it like the Bills are the cause of it.
But the stupid Rex Ryan lickers are going to be allover his nuts again during camp. You know it. They'll be talking like they're a 12 win team, hence the high horse comment that they'll be on to begin the season.

better days
05-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Tebow shouldn't be either.

Well, I guess you must know better than the NFL Players that voted for him LOL.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2012, 01:01 AM
As I recall, neither Ken Dorsey nor Gino Torretta led their team to the playoffs their first year as starter, either. (Torretta never even got a chance to start.)

But then again, I have noticed a starkly anti-Christian/pro-atheist vibe from a lot of people on this board, so this kind of attitude does not surprise me in the least.

Saying Tebow is the reason the Broncos made the playoffs is laughable.

Just read some quotes Broncos players have had on him for what they really think/thought of Tebow "leading them."

I hope he starts on the Jets too...the Jets will finish last in the East if he does.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Well, I guess you must know better than the NFL Players that voted for him LOL.

Losman was a better NFL QB than Tebow...

And people should know my opinion of that guy around here.

Tebow = an openly God fearing version of Akili Smith as a player.

bluerosekiller
05-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Under the right circumstances, I think Tebow could develop into a consistently dangerous weapon & maybe even a solid starting QB on down the line with the right coaching.
But, I don't see that scenario playing out. Especially not in New York as a member of The Jets. With that particular locker room of over the top personalities, "me first" players & a coach that sees himself as being the organization's biggest star, I believe that it's inevitable that Tebow will be thrust into the starting role, under the wrong circumstances & eventually he'll be DESTROYED by the media, the fans & locker room betrayal.

YardRat
05-01-2012, 05:06 AM
We need to start a Tebow pool on here where everyone can make a bet with their zonebucks on which week Tebow finally gets the full time start. He will take over as the starter sometime this year because if they were so sold on Sanchez they wouldn't have tried to get Manning and then trade for Tebow.

Week 2, after Williams and Dareus destroy Sanchez in the opener. Unless, of course, Merriman or Bradham or Brooks also destroy Tebow, at which point it depends on when he returns to health.