PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix

ghz in pittsburgh
04-30-2012, 10:00 AM
So that makes him 72 - 73 years old now. How long do you think he has it going?

Dick Lebeau is two years older and is still going strong at a much more demanding job.

I'm guessing two more years for Buddy. I remember Buddy said something to the effect of finishing the job when he spelled the romour of retiremnet last year. If the Bills make the playoff this year, he might even retire sooner. I don't take the "finishing the job" as in winning superbowl which will be really hard for anyone.

But there is no mistake now that the Bills are Buddy's team (more so than Gailey's team), from the scouting staff, to coaches, and players.

we are
04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Doesn't really matter, we have thousands of GM's in waiting on Bills message boards. We're set for a while.

ddaryl
04-30-2012, 10:03 AM
The brought in Whaley who I assume is being groomed to take over when Nix hangs them up.. Great move IMO

Nix seems on top of everything, it all comes down to how much he is enjoying himself. When the fun goes away I'm sure he will retire, or if he feels he is not capable of being at the top of his game anymore

justasportsfan
04-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Doesn't really matter, we have thousands of GM's in waiting on Bills message boards. We're set for a while.

:biggrin:

BillsWin
04-30-2012, 10:15 AM
So that makes him 72 - 73 years old now. How long do you think he has it going?

Dick Lebeau is two years older and is still going strong at a much more demanding job.

I'm guessing two more years for Buddy. I remember Buddy said something to the effect of finishing the job when he spelled the romour of retiremnet last year. If the Bills make the playoff this year, he might even retire sooner. I don't take the "finishing the job" as in winning superbowl which will be really hard for anyone.

But there is no mistake now that the Bills are Buddy's team (more so than Gailey's team), from the scouting staff, to coaches, and players.

That's why Whaley is here. Buddy brought him on to help him build a team that eventually will be his.

Whaley is our next GM and I'm actually OK with that.

baalworship
04-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Buddy Nix has more energy than GM's half his age. He also knows how to delegate so he doesn't try to do everything himself. I expect at least another 3 years.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-30-2012, 11:05 AM
another 2 or 3 years... then whaley takes over. hell, maybe nix gms for the next 10 years!

DrGraves
04-30-2012, 11:11 AM
I think Buddy has this team moving in the correct direction but until he makes the playoffs he hasn't really accomplished anything. So I'm not going to lose any sleep over whether or not he may retire soon.

Night Train
04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
:rofl: How true.

ublinkwescore
05-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't know about you guys but I've already sent ralph my resume.

better days
05-01-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't know about you guys but I've already sent ralph my resume.

You really want to work for Ralph? I hear he is cheap.

Beebe's Kid
05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I love the "he hasn't done anything" posters...

If you don't have more hope now than you have at any point in the last ten years, I kind of feel sorry for you. Nix is changing the culture of this team. Bemoan the trades that sent Lynch and Evans out of town...the "failure" to resign Poz, or even Whitner, but this guy is exorcising the demons and bringing in football players.

To think that Nix doesn't want to win a Super Bowl is a little crazy. That is exactly what he wants to do. You play to win the game, if I can channel my inner Herm Edwards, and the Super Bowl is the biggest game of them all.

This team is Nix's, but that is only on account of him knowing how to run an organization. He doesn't step on Chan's dick, and he won't. He won't piss off Ralph. He knows how to do what he does, and he is able to piece together some signs of progress, in order to call off the dogs for the time being.

We haven't made the playoffs, but we have players on this team, and even a lay person like myself can see that there is a direction. Surely the mini-GMs all over this board have to be able to see some semblance of progress.

I didn't think there was a question about Whaley's being the heir apparent, unless we are out of things to talk about again, and just going to go back to stating the obvious. Que the guy with his anti-Fitz bull**** in 3, 2, 1....

I tip my cap to Nix. He came into a job that had been done so poorly for so long, and whether every single player pans out, he had a legitimate plan, and executed that to the best of his ability. We drafted impact players, we signed FAs, we have a team that seems to be unified, hell, we have veterans coming here saying they pick up what he is putting down and recruiting other players.

There have been a lot of ****ty times to root for this team, but this is not one. Nix has been recognized nationally, and not as a punching bag asking to be hit with the "What the **** is Buffalo thinking?" that Bills' GMs have been for the past decade. It wouldn't take a very compelling argument to convince a lot of us that it has been longer than that, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel...here's to hoping it's not a train.

TigerJ
05-02-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't know about you guys but I've already sent ralph my resume.Jan Reimers and I have to be considered front runners for the job since we are the senior posters here at the Zone. We know Ralph Wilson likes old guys like himself.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Jan Reimers and I have to be considered front runners for the job since we are the senior posters here at the Zone. We know Ralph Wilson likes old guys like himself.
I've got you by about 6 years, Tiger, so I guess I'm the guy. You're just a kid.

Seriously, though, what does age have to do with Buddy's ability to do the job? He has tons of experience, which counts for a lot.

baalworship
05-02-2012, 07:19 AM
If you want a job with the Bills just start working for free there. Once Ralph "recognizes" you you will be a candidate for any hiring. I personally will try to take Russ Brandon's job. Much less pressure.

TigerJ
05-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I've got you by about 6 years, Tiger, so I guess I'm the guy. You're just a kid.

Seriously, though, what does age have to do with Buddy's ability to do the job? He has tons of experience, which counts for a lot.

There you go, pulling age on me again, Jan. No matter how old I get, someone still keeps calling me a kid.

DrGraves
05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I agree he may be 'changing the culture' but I'm not handing out any props until he brings the team back to the post season. There is no partial credit in football.

I love the "he hasn't done anything" posters...

If you don't have more hope now than you have at any point in the last ten years, I kind of feel sorry for you. Nix is changing the culture of this team. Bemoan the trades that sent Lynch and Evans out of town...the "failure" to resign Poz, or even Whitner, but this guy is exorcising the demons and bringing in football players.

To think that Nix doesn't want to win a Super Bowl is a little crazy. That is exactly what he wants to do. You play to win the game, if I can channel my inner Herm Edwards, and the Super Bowl is the biggest game of them all.

This team is Nix's, but that is only on account of him knowing how to run an organization. He doesn't step on Chan's dick, and he won't. He won't piss off Ralph. He knows how to do what he does, and he is able to piece together some signs of progress, in order to call off the dogs for the time being.

We haven't made the playoffs, but we have players on this team, and even a lay person like myself can see that there is a direction. Surely the mini-GMs all over this board have to be able to see some semblance of progress.

I didn't think there was a question about Whaley's being the heir apparent, unless we are out of things to talk about again, and just going to go back to stating the obvious. Que the guy with his anti-Fitz bull**** in 3, 2, 1....

I tip my cap to Nix. He came into a job that had been done so poorly for so long, and whether every single player pans out, he had a legitimate plan, and executed that to the best of his ability. We drafted impact players, we signed FAs, we have a team that seems to be unified, hell, we have veterans coming here saying they pick up what he is putting down and recruiting other players.

There have been a lot of ****ty times to root for this team, but this is not one. Nix has been recognized nationally, and not as a punching bag asking to be hit with the "What the **** is Buffalo thinking?" that Bills' GMs have been for the past decade. It wouldn't take a very compelling argument to convince a lot of us that it has been longer than that, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel...here's to hoping it's not a train.

MattyNH
05-04-2012, 05:56 AM
I agree he may be 'changing the culture' but I'm not handing out any props until he brings the team back to the post season. There is no partial credit in football.

That is where I am too. We have been fooled a number of times over the last 12 years. It looked like we were going somewhere with Mularkey and G Williams too. Do I have more "hope" now? Yeah probably, I do think the roster is getting better. They do have a huge question mark at QB.

The most important position and it is not close is QB and Fitz has not proven himself to be a consistent top 10 type QB. I think you need a consistent top 10 QB to be consistently competitive in the NFL today. That was not as true even 10 years ago.